SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_bohlin14

In love with a power recliner but not the leather - need suggestions

Sue Bohlin
5 years ago

Last night I sat in the Bassett Club Level Conway Two Seat Leather Sofa (part of a sectional) and fell absolutely in love with it - except for the leather - I prefer fabric sofas. I like to sit cross legged on the couch sometimes and so I need a slightly deeper sofa - I am also very short (5' 2") so it gets very uncomfortable without an ottoman pulled up. I have been looking at sofas mostly but last night we tried for the first time a recliner and I was absolutely in love with sitting on this one...however I have had leather in the past and I don't find the fabric very comfortable for the long term or when in shorts or a nightgown. In fact in my loft I still have our gorgeous bassett leather set looking almost like the day we bought it because we replaced it soon after because I didn't like sitting on it and had to have a blanket with almost all the time.

So....I know Bassett doesn't offer fabric options on this sofa recliner. Do you know of any other brands I could look into?

I really don't need a sectional. I could simply get the sofa and two chairs. I also looked online and see the Barcalounger Jefferson - which is lovely...but I'm not sure what it looks like when its reclined - that isn't in any of the pictures. I don't have a Barcalounger dealer in my area to go sit in it to try.

Does anyone know of any brands that carry fabric in a recliner sofa that has power that would be similar to the Bassett piece I am in love with - or are there any options for something I could cover the leather with so I would be comfortable in shorts/nightgown etc on that material?

Suggestions of places to look would be appreciated.

Comment (1)