SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
billie_myrick

Exterior Upgrade

Billie Myrick
5 years ago

To make this as short as possible, we have to move every few years and always having to try to sell homes with very short turn around times but I make it my job to try to flip out of these homes at least a small profit and leave them better than when we got them. I always sell our houses myself but in the market we are in now it has been the most challenging of all 9 moves when it comes to real estate. With that we are needing a way to update the exterior of this home for the least amount of money since we will only be here for 2 more years. Do you have any easy ideas? The slanted siding is giving me fits in my mind to just paint over because it dates the home and probably affects the appraisal value, but the expense and labor (which we will have to do ourselves) makes it a little tough to replace all of it. Additionally, I am not sure how I feel about the orangish color of the bricks, but not opposed to leaving it if you suggest so. We have considered German smearing it, or painting it as well. The interior has been redone (color scheme tans) and we are currently in the process of adding on an attached 3 car garage (because it has no parking solution but does have a 32x37 slab poured and attached to the home. We are doing that ourselves as well somewhere around my husbands crazy 21 day 16 hour/day schedule, so a lot of the work will fall solely on me. I am definitely not going to install the hardie siding with the same slant as the rest of the home, (or should I) even though it will be attached and be a counter balance to the other side of the house. If I don't need to paint the tan slanted hardie that would be great, but any advise would help. Obviously

, the brown must go and the garage will be built on this slab... connecting to the house so it will balance out the hardie on the right patio. Interior upgrade kitchen pic attached so you can see the scheme on the inside.

Comments (5)