SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shacute

Landscaping advice

6 years ago

Hi everyone, I've had great luck with asking for help with my porch/curb appeal so I'm back for help with our yard. This is my first home in deer country and our smallest yard. Disclosure: I love conifers. Although I have many, the buyers have agreed to me taking three of my beloved conifers from our current home to our new home:

(1) Chamaecyparis pisifiera 'Curly Tops on standard,

(2) Tsuga canadensis 'Monkinn' aka Golden Duchess

(3) Pine – Blue Shag

I'm also taking my Panicum Ruby Ribbons and a Miscanthus sinensis Rigoletto, which I'll put on the right side/corner of the garage, instead of the lilac pictured below. On the right side of the garage is a sad walkway to the fenced backyard with no plants. There I'll add,

Here's the recommendation I got for the front yard:

On the right side of the garage is a sad walkway to the fenced backyard with no plants. There I'll add, a back row of Little Quick Fire or Little Lime Hydrangeas, and a front row of Weigela Tuxedos.

In the fenced area of the backyard, there are four trees where grass isn't growing, so I plan to make a wavy, natural border, around them and plant a combination of aralia cordata sun king, curly-leaf variegated hostas, yellow hostas and coral bells.

Where should I put my beloved conifers? Conifer bed?

Thanks.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz