SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peytonrose1015

Dark cherry island..black countertop too dark?

ILoveRed
5 years ago

My perimeter cabinets are BM White Dove (not the door in this pic).

My island is this sample door being held up. A burnished dark cherry. My sample door has gotten a little beat up.

I’m using brushed via lactea granite on the perimeter (see pic) and I would like to keep the same granite on the island. But is it really too dark for my dark island?

should I go with something light on the island?

Thanks!

Comments (55)

• Boxerpal
    5 years ago

I agree with Rita and Cpartist... It will look great! I love the idea of an island a different color but I agree that keeping one stone on all the counters will be the way to go. I like your choice of stone, it looks like a gorgeous dark soapstone counter. That is a classic and beautiful look!

What are your floors? I ask, as the mock up has light floors? If your floors are super dark you might want to add some bright lighting. And what about lighting? Does this room have windows. Natural light coming in? Maybe post a photo of the space. It will all look great, can't wait to see it.

~boxer

ILoveRed thanked Boxerpal
  • Sammy
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I really wanted a soapstone look.

What is stopping you from getting soapstone? Is it a matter of budget, availability, and/or product characteristics, or something else? I love soapstone and I think it would look smashing in your kitchen! :)

BTW: I do like that granite you’re considering. Does it go by other names? Because the name doesn’t ring a bell.

ILoveRed thanked Sammy
  • Related Discussions

Do dark counter tops make a room dark?

Q

Comments (5)
    I have polished ubatuba counters and island, and cherry cabs, in a kitchen that gets no direct light at all. Yes, the dark counters, even though polished, really suck the light out. I'm sorry... and this is just a matter of taste, but the reflected light on the polished surface, to me, doesn't help, because it's very cold light. (Although it's probably worse with black like I have.) It sounds from the other colors you have picked that you like more warmth. If you love this counter you have picked and want to keep it, then maybe you could just pick something light for the island. In my kitchen that would make a big difference (and one of the things we're planning to do in an upcoming remodel). HTH
    ...See More

will this counter/cab run be too dark?

Q

Comments (11)
    oh boxerpups, thanks so much! your photos make it so real to me!! the gustavian blue is coming from a giant aloe plant in my kd's showroom. the dark green with hints of blue and brown comes from a sample door. it's a custom place, naturally, and the door is eucalyptis--so very fine grained. the colour is so nice, i see different coloured highlights when i tilt it to the sun. that dark green base cab door sample next to the grey/blue/green dusky aloe frond is so perfect, but as soon as i pick the frond, the duskiness disappears-- i'm going to have to get an artist to come to the showroom with me to get it right! have no idea about backsplash, only that it needs to be solid behind the range, so no grout lines. floors will be dark wood or cork planks. the fireplace hearth will be painted light brick, with a couple of upholstered chairs in front of it. (blue toile and checks)? large rough textured wood beam for a mantel. (i'm dying to show you all the plans, but i cannot get to it atm).
    ...See More

Dark cabinets - keep light countertops or go dark?

Q

Comments (3)
    Welcome to the kitchen forum! About posting pictures -- have you seen the instructions in the "ReadMe" thread (link below)? The key is to understand that there is no photo hosting capability on this site; you can't "attach" photos the way you could in an email. You need a website like photobucket (or, my favorite, Google's picasa) where you can upload and store your photos. Then you can add in links to them in the messages you post here. About your countertop question: how much light is there in the kitchen? Are there multiple windows? If not, I'd be careful about going really dark with the counters... but that is a personal preference. It's not as if there are rules about how to make these choices. If only there were -- then it wouldn't be so hard to decide! Are you sticking with laminate for the counters, or considering other materials? Here is a link that might be useful: Read Me for GardenWeb kitchen forum
    ...See More

Dark Countertop + Dark BS + Medium Wood Cabs: Bold or Crazy pants?

Q

Comments (24)
    I'm totally forgetting about trying to create a modern aesthetic. This kitchen will be what it is. We're quirky and I guess it'll be the same. We ordered this light fixture for over the seating island: Fireclay sent me samples of Tusk and Gardenia tile and Supernova, Cotton, Vintage Blue, and Snow brick samples earlier this week. I love the brick! It's thicker than regular tile. I'm guessing that it's ~ 1/2" thick. I'm not sure if that's a concern or not. As with anything I'm sure there are pros and cons. My Fireclay rep offered to send me a full sized brick and was gracious enough to agree to send me two, one in Cotton and the other in Silk. FYI: Brick is 2.5" x 8" Cotton: With its hazy fine-spun finish infused with the slightest hint of gray, Cotton offers a soft and cloudy white. Silk: A creamy white glaze is infused with a warm ivory undertone for a soft and inviting backdrop, flecked with hints of texture. Here is an inspiration pic from their site where they mixed Cotton and Snow. Cotton has gray tones and the Snow is on the whiter end of the spectrum, so I thought maybe bringing in the warmer, creamy white of the Silk instead of Snow would be a good move. I'm unsure about the two-toned look, but thought I'd get input from you all. Other considerations are using Ceres and Silk. Ceres: Named for an asteroid barely visible from earth, this milky white glaze resonates with the same subtle beauty. So, two-toned look yay or nay? If yay, which two? If nay, which one? Because of townlakecakes' collages, we're going to revisit the color options for the LVP. Our GC sent out an email connecting us with his flooring guy this morning. Hopefully we'll be able to meet in the next few days to look at other options. Taken this morning: the rough plumbing is in. The window is boarded up for now. Starting to think I may have gone a tad too big with that window.
    ...See More
  • ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Catbuilder...please post a picture of your space. I would love to see it. Thank you. Needing reassurance that every decision I’m making right now is not the wrong decision.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Boxerpal...thank you. It’s new construction and not much to show but an empty room right now but 2 large windows in kitchen (NE light) and lots of light from 2 adjoining rooms.

not great pics but all I have

in this pic the room with the closest sawhorse

In this pic the distant room with the two windows

Kitchen plan..blurry for some reason

Floors...Live Sawn Oak. Haven’t chosen stain yet if any. Maybe natural??

I’m burnt out and have decision fatigue. I’m questioning every decision I make. Not sleeping and so tired. I really need some advice.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Sammy...I love how soapstone looks but I have no other real experience with soapstone other than what I’ve read here. I don’t know anyone with soapstone. We have a large countertop place that does really good work but they just don’t do a lot of soapstone because people don’t ask for it. This house will have lots of family and kids visiting and I’m trying to choose things that will hold up well or not show wear and tear ie; rustic floors, dark island, no carpet

If I had the nerve I might do soapstone but honestly a soapstone lookalike is probably more my style. If I discover that it won’t work in my kitchen because I made a bad decision on my island color, I’m going to be disappointed.

i know tha Jet Mist really resembles soapstone but it was a bit too gray for me. When I saw the Via lactea at the granite place I was smitten. Black with beautiful white veins and spots that were a little shiny. I don’t know if it goes by other names??

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

These are the light fixtures/pendants (3) that I love with Polished Nickel and the clear shade vs the shaded. Below that is the Polished Nickel hardware I have chosen, although not ordered yet. I think these items only look good with the dark granite.

If I change to a light granite/quartz/quartzite I think it changes the flavor of the kitchen and those lights do not work anymore.

the walls are not gray. They are SW Accessible Beige.

Any opinions appreciated.

• czarinalex
    5 years ago

I like all your design choices. You have a very large, open, bright space. It can certainly carry off the dark island with the dark granite. Love the lights. I think all together it will be a stunning space. I love oak floors and would definitely go with a lighter or natural stain. It's a classic look and won't ever be dated.

ILoveRed thanked czarinalex
  • motherwallace
    5 years ago

I recently completed a whole house remodel (took to studs, so basically a new build) and used Soap Stone in my kitchen. I had no experience with it before we installed it but I love it! Mine is dark, almost black with some white veining. Your Via Lactea looks somewhat similar. I love your choice for lighting and pulls. I wouldn't keep the floors natural...too much contrast. I know all these decisions can be overwhelming but don't keep second guessing yourself. With the choices you've made so far this kitchen will be gorgeous!

ILoveRed thanked motherwallace
  • Boxerpal
    5 years ago

@ILovered,

Your kitchen and space are beautiful! You have buckets of sunshine coming into the space. Everyone falls into the realm of decision fatigue. You are not alone, you are on the right track. You have made wonderful choices so far and I just know your space is going to look great.

I love soapstone too, but I did not want to deal with the chips or nicks or scratches or general look of Soapstone. I wanted the look of soapstone but the durability of granite. I used Virginia Jet Mist honed to give the appearance of granite. I think the granite you are choosing might have a similar look.

Floors? So many options will look stunning with your space. Natural might be perfect!

~boxer

Here is my old kitchen, honed Virginia jet mist

Ideas for Kitchen Reno 2018 · More Info

ILoveRed thanked Boxerpal
  • Sammy
    5 years ago

I just went to look at your idea books to see if you had inspiration pictures for your proposed kitchen finishes. Now, I didn’t find one picture that had all the elements exactly, but, I did make an interesting discovery: I think your FOMO/perfectionism is flaring up. Since I am similarly afflicted, I recognize the signs in others (71 idea books was a big red flag...I have 81!):

“If I had the nerve I might do soapstone but honestly a soapstone lookalike is probably more my style. IfI discover that it won’t work in my kitchen because I made a bad decision on my island color, I’m going to be disappointed.”

“Below that is the Polished Nickel hardware I have chosen, although not ordered yet. I think these items only look good with the dark granite. If I change to a light granite/quartz/quartzite I think it changes the flavor of the kitchen and those lights do not work anymore.”

(Now MY stomach is starting to be in knots...and it’s not even my kitchen!)

I have the solution to all that plagues you. Are you ready for it? Okay, here it is:

Have the cabinet company paint the island White Dove.

ILoveRed thanked Sammy
  • mayflowers
    5 years ago

I don't see why those lights and pulls wouldn't work with any color countertop.

Look for a lighter granite that has black areas to tie the two counters together. There are so many beautiful granites to choose from. It will make your kitchen.

A quick example:

ILoveRed thanked mayflowers
  • ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Mayflowers..I am going to keep an open mind and head out to the granite place tomorrow with my doors in hand to look at lighter surfaces. At least to look. I really wanted the black because I felt I needed a dark element in the kitchen to keep it from being too shiny and blingy which is not what I’m going for. I didn’t want the dark element in the lighting or hardware. My door hardware is all flat black.

None of the quartzites or quartzes seemed to give me what I’m after. Maybe I need to look at the granites another time. Thank you!

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Sammy....love your sense of humor. Thanks for lightening things up.

I know it’s embarrassing how many ideabooks I have. I had a Houzz account long before GW became Houzz. But my ideabooks are no help. Some have only 2 pics...arghh.

Wish I wasn’t a perfectionist. I hate it.

Seriously i wish I had just made the island white but painting cherry....sacreligios, lol. I could never bring myself to do that but it would be a solution, lol.

now pass the pepto bismol..

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Boxerpal...thanks for the reassurance that I’m not screwing everything up and thanks for the pic of your pretty kitchen. Can’t wait for this house to be done. The decision fatigue halts you in your tracks.

thanks for the virtual pat on the back.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Motherwallace..I would love to see your space. Thank you for the reassurance as well. Please post a pic of your counter.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Czar....thank you for chiming in. I’m definitely going for something that won’t be dated so I’m glad you mentioned this. It means a lot to hear reassurance from other members!

• cpartist
    5 years ago

You're overthinking it. Your choices are excellent. Trust me, I'd tell you if I thought you needed to go in a different direction.

From what I've seen of your choices, you prefer quieter choices than something with a lot of movement, so I think the black will work beautifully. Then you can bring in pops of color with other elements. While I personally love mayflower's choice, (it's my kind of stone!) I think for you it might be a bit too much knowing your other choices.

If you wanted to go lighter, I could see a Taj Mahal quartzite, but only one that leans more towards the warmer spectrum. Now if you suddenly said to me, "You know cpartist, I'm ready to go totally outside my comfort zone and go with a bold granite or quartzite", then I might suggest some stones that pick up all the colors.

I'd call your look casual lakeside elegance.

As for the floors? I'm thinking one or 2 shades darker than natural. Is that red or white oak?

The one thing I'd disagree with? I'd do the pendant with the frosted shade as shown. I think those clear shades wind up showcasing the bulb instead of the beauty of the fixture unless you use an edison bulb and if you use an edison bulb you don't get enough light.

ILoveRed thanked cpartist
  • ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Cp...I think you have me figured out. I wish you weren’t in Florida, I would hire you to be my designer. I don’t know how designers help clients without injecting their own style into the spaces instead of the clients. I do prefer quieter choices and warmer but very neutral colors. And I am definitely going for Casual Lakeside Elegance...I just didn’t know it until you named it.

the floors are white oak. Do you think the pic below is too dark or should I go a little lighter?

As far as the shade on the light fixture goes...I was only choosing the clear because I thought it would light up the space more. I can definitely do the frosted.

i will try to stop overthinking things. I’m just doing it because I’m so dam* exhausted. I almost hate this house.

thank you so much! Here’s the floor color...what do you think?

• cpartist
    5 years ago

The floor color is perfect. As for the light fixtures, put in 3000k LED bulbs which are just a hair cooler than incandescent

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Going to be beautiful. I have dark cabinets and island base. I HAD dark granite. I left peripherals with the dark and changed island to lighter white,cream and brown granite. So much lighter in kitchen. Take a look at some light granites. Very durable and doesn’t show every crumb and finger print. With lots of kids, much easier to keep looking good. I am sure you will land on perfect one. Because you are perfectionist! Hang in there. The medium stain for flooring will be brighter element too.
    ILoveRed thanked Flo Mangan
  • Cheryl Hewitt
    5 years ago

I think you're going to be fine with dark cabinets and dark granite on the island. I have American Black (suede) granite on the perimeter, and Blue Ray (polished) granite on my islands. Both granites are dark. The cabinets are caramel stained cherry, which isn't quite as dark as your cabinets, but fairly dark. I think your space looks brighter than mine as we have really deep soffits and do not get a lot of direct sunlight.

Here are a couple of pictures for you to see what this looks likes IRL.

ILoveRed thanked Cheryl Hewitt
  • ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Sorry I didn’t get back sooner.

Cp. I like the floor color too. Hoping I can replicate ot. Lots of can lights and I think they are 3000 as well.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Flo...I will be open minded about the light colored granites and have given a lot of thought to this in the last couple of days. Glad I posted this thread because I thought I had my mind made up and now I’m considering other things.

would love to see a pic of your before and after to see the difference in light.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Cheryl...your kitchen is stunning and indeed your dark granites do look good with your cabinets. I also noticed that you have a lot of light tones ie; your floor, backsplash, . May I ask which direction your windows face?

thanks for sharing those pics. I kind of wish I hadn’t gone with such a dark cherry island. My Amish cabinetmaker had an island in his showroom in the exact color and I was smitten with it. Lighter might have been better..

That wall with your hood, black granite and light tile is just gorgeous.

thanks for the pics.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Cheryl...what tile is your backsplash?

• Cheryl Hewitt
    5 years ago

May I ask which direction your windows face? East and west. Pic is the window facing east.

what tile is your backsplash? Fireclay, glazed thin brick gloss in Snow (V1)

My Amish cabinetmaker had an island in his showroom in the exact color and I was smitten with it. I think it's going to be dramatic and eye-catching. :)

ILoveRed thanked Cheryl Hewitt
  • mayflowers
    5 years ago

It may be the brushed surface that makes it look depressing and dreary to me. I like Cheryl's island but it isn't a solid black. Maybe it's not the darkness as much as it's not an interesting choice for an island. With a polished surface, you'd at least have some light reflection.

• Mid America Mom
    5 years ago

For the floor you really cannot go wrong with a natural or medium brown..

ILoveRed thanked Mid America Mom
  • OneRidgeOff
    5 years ago

I really do like your choices Ilovered, it’s natural to agonize over them though! Just to touch upon what mayflowers said above, a polished dark island reflects more light, as seen in this picture of my kitchen. It’s polished Volga Blue, an almost black granite, on both perimeter and island.

ILoveRed thanked OneRidgeOff
  • ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

One ridge off...thanks for posting pics of your beautiful kitchen. I agree with you and Mayflowers..I think the polished surface is probably required to pull this off. But then I’m not getting the soapstone look.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Against the best advice here...everyone here agrees that you can’t have two different cabinet colors and two different countertops....essentially FOUR different things in the same kitchen., I want off in a search of pictures of just that...hoping to support my initial desire.

I found lots of beautiful pics by kds with high praise. But something was just off if you know what I mean. And when you look closely yes, you can see that the kitchens with two (or sometimes) three different cabinetry colors did indeed need the same countertop to pull it together. And they often did not!

i even sent some of the pics to my dd and asked her what was off and she said the kitchens needed the same countertop.

So, I am going to go a different direction. I’m going to find a countertop that I like that will work on my whole kitchen as you all suggested.

i don’t think it can be dark because it won’t look as good with my dark island color. But I don’t want something that is dazzlingly white either.

i really like warmish colors but neutral. If anyone has suggestions...I’m open.

marble, quartzite, light granite. Any suggestions or advice will be considered.

thank you so much.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

Go look at London Sky quartz by Zodiac.

ILoveRed thanked Flo Mangan
  • mayflowers
    5 years ago

There really is no substitute for going to a stone yard and looking because there are so many stones and quartz patterns available. There are also some very fine-grained granites that are a medium tone. One we looked at for a cherry vanity a few years ago was Astoria, which was beautiful in outdoor light but went dull in our windowless PNW bathroom. It didn't have any gold or peach, which I wanted to avoid, but it did have some very subtle horizontal movement. Take a look at some google images. Every slab is different.

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    5 years ago

How about Imperial Danby or Calacatta Gold marble?

Slab of Imperial Danby

Imperia Danby on wood

Calacatta Gold Slab

Calacatta on island

• cpartist
    5 years ago

If you're looking for lighter, knowing your tastes, I think Taj Mahal would be the perfect choice.

• chispa
    5 years ago

I agree on Taj Mahal, which is what I am using! It can range quite a bit in color, from a cooler grayish to a warm off-white/beige with brown and rust veins. I have a gazillion TM pictures in my ideabooks, I'll go look for a few to add here.

• chispa
    5 years ago

Taj Mahal counters:

Mediterranean Touch · More Info

Cliffs Valley · More Info

Kitchen Remodel · More Info

Remodeled Kitchen · More Info

A Showstopper Kitchen · More Info

A Showstopper Kitchen · More Info

ILoveRed thanked chispa
  • ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I am going to look at samples of the London Sky and try to check out slabs of the Astoria. Our granite place has lots and lots of slabs so maybe I can see both of these.

i absolutely adored as in loved the pics of the Imperial Danby posted by Rita. The Calacatta not so much. The Imperial, oh my...be still my heart. Why haven’t I seen this before? I don’t/ didn’t think I’m a marble gal but it didn’t stop me from reading for hours on Houzz discussions re; marble. Do folks really love it and are they deluding themselves? I might be delusional thinking I could live with the imperfections of marble because it is so darn beautiful. Can I live with the inevitable etching that some marble lovers claim they are not bothered by after a time? I don’t know.

also looked at lots of pics of the Taj Mahal quartzite as suggested by CP. it fits my personality perfectly and it is absolutely gorgeous. The colors are perfect. I need to see it in person. It might be a winner.

so glad I posted this thread and got all of this feedback instead of going with my initial instincts. I think I will have a better kitchen when I make a decision based on this feedback. Thank you all!

• cpartist
    5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Marble is one of those materials you either can live with or you can't. I've had marble in my bathroom before and put it (and onyx) in my master bath again. I consider etching "beauty" marks. LOL. I'm not the type to get upset with scratches in wood floors either.

However having said that, I wouldn't want it personally in my kitchen because a kitchen takes so much more abuse than a bathroom. My sister put what she thought was a quartzite in her kitchen. I had to break the news to her after seeing all the etching on the counter that she really had marble. That wasn't so bad, but the chipping around her sink because marble is so soft is what bothered me (and her).

And while I think quartz is pretty, to me it lacks the depth that natural stone has. With natural stone, it's almost as if you can see the years put down into the stone which is why I will always pick natural over manmade.

• wilson853
    5 years ago

I agree with cpartist on the natural stone. For months, I visited every stone yard within two hours of my home, and then Daltile opened near me. I found a true quartzite there called Tahitian Cream. The tag from the quarry called it Nuage Macchia Oro. My perimeters are SW Pure White and the island is cherry with a black glaze, although it is not as dark as your island. I also considered doing two-tone, looked at many quartz products (London Sky, Rococo, Karis), and briefly marble. I wanted something that would not etch or stain, easy on the eyes, marble looking without being marble, and could withstand a hot pot, so in other words I was looking for a needle in the haystack. This stone has a grayish background, lots of white clouds, and some black and occasional gold veining. My previous kitchen was white with black granite and I find that these lighter countertops are easier to work on. I get a lot of natural light in my kitchen and at times they almost look translucent. There is a lot of depth and nuance that I could not get with any quartz product. I have no beige in my home, but if I did, I would have chosen Taj Mahal. Good luck. It's a big investment so hold out for the one that you love.

natural-quartzite-+-natural-stone-slab

ILoveRed thanked wilson853
  • Mid America Mom
    5 years ago

I have found that I prefer a counter that has a matte look. Without matte you see things more easily like fingerprints, crumbs, etching regardless of color!

RE marble I think of marble like a person. It starts off all perfect and then real life comes along (the wrinkle you acquire between the eyebrows HA!). Ever look at old marble tops like ice cream tables or store counters? The other day at a thrift I came across a white marble with more quiet veining cutting board that had seen use. I know what it looked like New as I had considered that item at the original retailer before. This did not look the same- the white had turned darker, it appeared "softer or mellow " if there is such a thing, and had a few reddish spots that soaked into the stone. BTW the spots, based on my marble experiences in the past, eventually disappear. The question is would I/ you buy this aged marble? I passed as in the end (as I did when at the retailer) I did not like the style of the board.

ILoveRed thanked Mid America Mom
  • ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you, thank you! I have been so rude not getting back here to update. Distracted by picking out lights for a whole house is overwhelming me and starting to really drive me crazy.

But on a positive note I took all of your good advice and made progress on the countertop front.

I went to the stone place in our town. They had a small sample of the London Sky. It was really beautiful and looked a lot like Marble. A better choice than a lot of quartz that I have looked at. But it was a little too gray for my white cabinets.

i went back to the brushed via lactea slabs with my dark cherry door in hand and try as I might not to I had to admit that it was too dark. I hated that because I adored this brushed stone and it is my first choice but I have to listen to the good advice I got here. Sometimes I think the folks here know more than the professional ids.

then I found two quartz samples that I really liked all while my granite gal told me that they had some Taj Mahal that I could look at since I had never seen it in person. My eyes must have lit up and she warned me that it will be higher than my via lactea. I was excited about seeing it anyway.

just for the heck of it I asked her if she had any Imperial Danby since I loved the slab shown up thread...knowing I really could not choose it. But, still I felt like I needed to see it if she had it. She told me no that she didn’t and that knowing me it was a good thing not to fall for something I should not have.

so, my kd and my granite gal and I took the hike out to the Taj Mahal with my door samples and the 2 quartzes I liked in hand.

here is the result. The Taj Mahal is beautiful. I love it. Now if only I can justify the $$. Waiting for the price. Thank you all so much.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Wilson...I love your quartzite with your cherry island. You say you have no Beige in your home. Just the opposite. No gray in my home. Thanks for posting the pic of your beautiful kitchen.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

If anyone is interested in the quartz...

the back has the name.

The one on the left had dark, almost blackish tints. The calacatta natural on the right had warmish colors. A little gray as well but definitely would look nice if you like warm colors. It was very beautiful and looked realistic.

• cpartist
    5 years ago

Yummy Taj Mahal. I justified my very expensive quartzite by figuring out what it would cost me over the next 20 years and how much enjoyment I'd have every single time I looked at it. I can tell you now that I'm living in the house, each time I walk into my kitchen and see my quartzite, it makes me smile.

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    5 years ago

I hope things work out for the Taj Mahal :-) And I'm with you Red, no gray at my house.

• wilson853
    5 years ago

Those slabs are perfect! I hope it works out.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Cp...i didn’t realize your counters were quartzite. I thought they were granite. I remember you had the slabs purchased a LONG time ago. And they are gorgeous.

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Rita...we shall see. Right now I feel like I’m hemorrhaging money. Hope they are in the budget. Oh wait...did I say budget? Wtheck is that, lol.

thanks!

• ILoveRed
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Wilson...nope, not mine. only one of those pieces is a full slab and it is sold. The others are not full slabs but at least I could see what the Taj Mahal looks like. My granite gal will find slabs long enough for my island which is 10 ft and dh and I will drive to “the big city”, lol and pick out our slabs and my granite place will purchase them.