SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rubysees

Weed Identification help- trying to find rabbit-safe plants. +Bonus ID

rubysees
5 years ago

Hi, all. I am near Chicago, attempting to identify some plants on my property that are safe to feed my rabbits. I have found several great plants, but I am specifically hoping to find Purslane and Echinacea because I have read that they are both very beneficial to rabbits. I can take more detailed photos if you tell me what you need to see.

I understand that Purslane usually has yellow flowers. But something I have growing all over the place looks very similar to pictures I have found online, except that it has flowers that are white. Here it is:

Regarding Echinacea, it is obviously easy to identify when flowers have started to form, but it is too early. And although I always have a few pop up here and there, I am confused, because the plants I am suspecting of being the purple cone flower are extremely abundant this year. If these are indeed Echinacea, then they have multiplied x1000 and also moved slightly from where they used to be. They have somewhat furry stalks with a purplish hint on the lower portion of the stalk. So is this echinacea?

Bonus ID- what's this? It's tiny, about 5 inches or so.

Thank you!

Comments (7)