SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ljsemar

struggling with wondering if I just don't have the skills

ljsemar
5 years ago

So I had a really beautiful spring flush, now everything seems to have grown gigantic (like seriously tall) but isn't blooming. It's like I have 1 or 2 main stars of the day and the rest of them just sit there. I've been building the most bootleg brick paths through every part of the garden with free bricks so I am literally out there all day every day. I call it my really tall weed/dog barrier because they aren't event really bricks made for paving. I take my breaks by watering, dead-heading etc. They received osmocote and alfalfa in the beginning of the season and since I have attempted to feed them a rose food mix every few weeks (the dogs eat some portion). But they just sit there. It is already pretty much 95 degrees at all times but it is so incredibly depressing to have had just a few weeks of blooms and now such stagnancy. Especially since I am out there toiling away every chance I get.

What else can I be doing wrong? I know I need to do something for blackspot as a lot of my roses are suffering from this but I don't know what else to do such that I can see some fruits of my labor. How can I spend all my free time, all my energy, any money I can find and come up such a tremendous failure? I would drop out of roses if it wasn't literally the only thing that brings me joy when I do have success.

Feeling totally depressed and like a complete loser at this. At this point I probably have gone well over a hundred roses but what is the point if they only have the leaves? Of course, I'm still totally obsessed and am already making a list for my fall purchase.

Comments (32)