SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miniscule

Miele dishwasher drain hose problem?

miniscule
5 years ago

My Miele dishwasher was installed last fall by Miele. In early May it showed a drainage error. The Miele repair person found a small blockage in the hose near the connection with the pipe under the sink. He said that the hose was too narrow but he was not authorized to fix it, and Miele installation should have used a different one.

in the course of finding the blockage, the repair person said that the drainage connection was cracked and a plumber would have to fix it. This cost me a few hundred dollars as the piping had to be replaced under the sink. The plumber also said that the drain hose was too narrow at an internal diameter of less than .5 inches, and that it should be 3/4 inch.

I called Miele Canada several times about this issue and could get no response. I was referred from their service to their installation department, two separate worlds it seems. I called and sent an email to Miele installation with photos of the drainage hoses. This last attempt was a week ago and still no response. BTW, Miele contracts out their installations here.

I do not want to experience another blockage and want to be assured that the installation is properly done with the appropriate drain hose. Miele seems incapable of responding to whether or not the hose installation is as it should be. Can anyone shed light on this? As the photos show, there is a wider hose coming from the dishwasher, which connects to a narrower black hose going to the sink pipes. Thanks!

Comments (11)