SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sowmya_swaminathan52

Sherwin Williams wall color for north facing kitchen and living

Hi - I am drowning in color choices and need help. I am looking for a whole house color for my single floor open plan home with white oak wood flooring throughout - it is light to medium in color.

I like to keep the wall color neutral with sherwin Williams extra white trim and cabinets and ceiling. The space I would like to solve for is my open kitchen and living room that is north facing with many windows but opening to covered porch with a yard with lots of trees. Light does come in but is not cheery bright.

We have gone with eternal calacutta gold countertops from silestone - which is quite white with subtle gray veining and tiny hints of copper. We tried all sorts of light grays for the walls and found it too dark or too blue for the space. The lightest we went in gray in sherwin Williams was crushed ice and that seemed dark. I need to stick to sherwin Williams paint.

Are there any neutral whites or light colors that would work for the space and trim and not look dull ? Would SW Alabaster look good in this scenario? Will it clash with the white / gray kitchen counters?

Want to stay awake from beige, tan yellow or too dark colors if possible

Thanks a lot

Comments (15)