SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jshar2004

California house exterior paint suggestions please!

jshar2004
5 years ago

I made a similar topic a couple months back, but the situation has changed and I'm requesting help in a new thread.

We just had our ugly vinyl siding removed from our 1960 ranch house, and found good condition wood underneath, so I'll be having it painted next week along with the other two stucco walls which aren't shown (excuse all the debris and dirty walls in the pics). I initially wanted to copy this pic that I loved which was suggested in my previous thread (love the dark colors with the contrasting popping white trim), but I am concerned about the fact that I don't often see darker houses here on the west coast. From what I see in the area, lighter colored houses are never as head turning as something like the reference pic IMO.

Should I go for a dark look like this? Will I notice an increase in heat in the summers? Will the dark color fade faster?

Any color suggestions by the experts (you guys) would be helpful. I don't have much insight or experience in color design and matching. My neighbor is already a medium gray, so I don't want to match that too closely.

Pics of my house:

Pic of reference house I've been attempting to copy:

Comments (188)