SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattimccormick

Direct sow in the bed with no trans planting seedlings??

Can I direct sow tomato seeds in my raised bed and cover them with a vented cover until the seedlings grow and just leave them where they are to grow all summer? I planted some in the house and they are leggy and not so green I will pot these up and see how they do in a larger container. I have a few different varieties that I was going to direct sow that are different from the ones I did in the house. None of the plants that I planted in the house have the true leaves yet but I keep hoping they will come. I try to baby the plants but I don’t have any fancy light set ups so I am relying on the lights I have that are in the room and the sun, I have kept the lights on all day and night. I keep a small fan on all the time on low to move the air. I did some winter sowing but many of my planters must have been too wet all the time. Some of the containers have no plants and the soil is getting a layer of green. I put the planters in the sunniest place to sow them. I don’t know if I got them out soon enough either. I have read so many pages of this forum to get advise. HELP!!!

Comments (3)