SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eeeinator

Need help designing Double Sided Kitchen Breakfast bar

eeeinator
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am starting to update my kitchen (just painted the cabinets white and got new hardware). I want to get new granite countertops, but I want to utilized the empty wall and opening in my kitchen and add a breakfast bar and get additional countertop space, space is not wide enough for new cabinets. My plan is to replace the pantry door with 2 doors that will have a 4" gap between them where the granite will sit (is 4" enough of a gap or should there be more?) I'd like to have the granite overhang on both sides of the opening, if I did 12" over hang on each side the granite would be about 30" wide, the opening is about 72" long and 42" high from the ground, I would also have the granite run all the way down the kitchen wall to the corner. Do you guys think that would look good or is that too much granite? should I shorten the overhangs to 10 or 11"? Should i only utilize one side instead of both? Any ideas, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. See pictures below to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. its a small kitchen about 9x9 sq ft.

Dominick's ideas · More Info

Comment (1)