SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Looking for 3 minis for this planter I made: suggestions?

linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I would like some recommendations. Though I have at least 10 minis, I find they are hard to showcase properly in the garden. I decided to try to grow a few in pots, after one I grew in a pot did really well last year (Peanut, plastic pot, stored on its side under a pine tree over winter).

I finished this glazed ceramic planter in my pottery class recently. I made it to hold 3 mini hostas. I normally don’t make anything like planters. But I knew I would never find a multi-mini-hosta planter commercially. It’s 2 feet long and is shaped rather like a scroll. I know the color is streaky, but it was too big to dip in the glaze buckets. It took 2 people as it was. I will keep it and the minis in the garage over the winter.

I am going shopping in a week to a distant nursery that carries a good selection of minis. So I would like suggestions of ones whose form and colors would both look good in this pot, and look good together. Ideally
multiple suggestions,
as I can’t be sure which ones they’ll have. I already have various mice: so ideally, not the one listed below.

Here are the ones I already have: I would like different ones for this planter.

Blue Mouse Ears

Holy Mouse Ears

Mighty Mouse

Peanut

Limey Lisa

Baby Booties

Surfer Girl

Cracker Crumbs

Mini Skirt

Hope

Dragon Tails (my favorite)

I know this is a complicated request, but you are up to it!

Comments (12)