SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krc1995

New house regrets- do overs part one-the bathroom shower

krc1995
5 years ago

I tried to customize my own house by adapting a house plan to our little family needs and a lot we purchased years ago. Trying to condense, I have no visualization ability and can't no even put together an outfit, much less a house but I still fell in love the lot and so I tried. Our dream lot was purchased in 2009 and due to many unforeseen events, such as flood plane rezoning, and then rezoning (long political story-not interesting), we didn't build until 2017. I love, love, love our new neighborhood but have some issues with the house and the house plan so I am asking for opinions on how to redo some areas that did not turn out as I had hoped and a design question.

I'm only going to ask for help for the things I am ready fix this summer during my five week vacation. The most irritating and bothersome thing, is the very, very small size of the shower/toilet area in the Jack and Jill bathroom. Two things really bother me about this bathroom. The first is the tub and the shower curtain-it's beautiful but it eats up way too much of the small space. I am wondering if a walk in type of standup shower might work here? Any suggestions on shower doors or stand up shower ideas are appreciated. Also, the window that's in the shower is a fake window and I would like to replace it with something that open to ventilate. Any ideas or pricing thoughts would also be appreciated.

The second is a design question regarding ideas about shower doors or curtain that would be appropriate for the Master Bath. In all the things I don't like or wished were different, I like most of the Master btah. I think I would like a shower door and maybe move that beautiful curtain from the Jack and Jill bath to this one and tie it back?

Picks are of the Jack and Jill bath(2) and the Master bath.

Thanks,

I have more long range wants, but first things first.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath