SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmtless

exterior color options

LISA
5 years ago
My latest project is having the entire exterior painted. Last fall I had the siding replaced w Hardy Cement Board which came primed. Keeping in mind I will be replacing the roof next, preferably w a metal one but budget may drive shingles. I would also like to update the garage doors to the contemporary aluminum framed glass door type.
My 1995 house is the only one of this style on my stree. Not sure what its style would be categorized as ( but it would be nice to know).
I know the color combination (off white, dark gray, brownish-tan) I like but I’m not sure what part, brick, siding, trim, gutters should be what color. Or whether this color combo would be good for my house style.
Currently I’ve narrowed the colors to be in the gray tones. The (3) Sherwin Williams colors I picked are from the same color table/pallet as my front door which is called Urban Bronze. It’s a dark grey w a bronze undertone. I was thinking to do the siding a shade lighter (Porpoise SW7047) and a few shades lighter (Felted Wool SW9171) on the trim & gutters (possibly the current garage doors too?) and the brick, the lightest (Worldly Gray SW7043) which is light like the current brick color, but I think a brownish-tan colored trim (instead of Felted Wool) would be better but afraid to create an eyesore. Furthermore I am at a loss as to what brownish-tan color to pick. HELP!
I will also have the deck re-stained, probably the same as is, which is a brownish-tan.
Any opinions, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, it’s so unnerving and overwhelming, but ohhh so exciting.

Comments (3)