SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tosca_necoechea93

New Construction, 13 Windows. Pella, Marvin, or Milgard?

Tosca Necoechea
5 years ago

Hello All,

I have a major remodel that involves 14 new windows. I have quotes from the three manufacturers listed above that all come in at about $15,500 for fiberglass windows. I also have a two vinyl quotes, which are much lower.

We are leaning towards the fiberglass quotes because we think these windows will look better. However, Consumer Reports lists customer satisfaction as kind of low on Pella Impervia (59). Marvin Integrity is somewhat better at 65. They didn't test Milgard. And at any rate, CR was testing replacement windows.

Now, I currently know very little about windows. I'm thinking that each manufacturer has new construction windows that are analogous to their replacement windows in materials and construction. What I'm hoping to do here is get help interpreting the features of the quotes I've received so that I can understand if I can compare these products or if one stands out as more desirable. So I'm posting a screenshot of the "same" window from each quote. If this is not enough information I would be happy to provide more.

I am also interested in hearing about your experience if you've owned any of these types of windows.

Milgard

Pella

Marvin

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Comments (7)