SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupcakesss

Color advice for open living room/kitchen (DIY, budget)

cupcakesss
5 years ago

Hi!

Right now I am working on getting a fresh new look for my small open living room/kitchen on a tiny budget. I've got a good quality dining table and coffee table that are sturdy but kinda ugly. I painted the dining table a moss green and love it. I got a cheap ikea shelving and painting it blush and put the same color on one wall in the kitchen. The blush shelves I want to put full of plants in quirky pots. The largest wall in the room is a sand color as you can see in the kitchen photo. I like the warmth it gives so I like to keep that. The things I would love some tips on are:

-What chairs do I go with for the dining table? The black ones are temporary plastic ones,

Should I paint the wall behind the table?

-The small area above the kitchen window (with the picture frame in it) I want to paint too. Maybe a light moss green or a light/mid grey? I also want to keep several areas of the wall white.

-The coffee table is plain dark wood but in an ugly state. What color should I paint it? I dont want things to look too matchy matchy but still nice and coherent. It stands by a dark leather sofa.

Any other suggestions you might have for the space? How can I bring cohesion? Here are the photos that inspired me

Ideally everything in the room would be second hand finds, upcycles, diy with some store bought if no other option. Just so it is more personal and less expensive :D

I dont like knick knacks around so I want to keep it at the plants on the blush shelves. But these colors are my inspiration. :D

Thank you for any tips :D

Comments (23)