SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeffo_grow

How Are My Obesum Seedlings Doing?

Jeff (5b)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I wanted to spend as little as possible with my little foray into Adeniums, so I got a mix of 10 seeds from an Ebay seller. I sowed five and only one germinated and then stalled. I tried again and got three (and a straggler) on the second try. Each took a week or more to germinate.

Someone on this forum was a little concerned with earlier photos. I didn't see much of a problem, but have since learned that I was using too much light for my mesemb and cactus seedlings after getting a better grow light. So I wanted to see what you guys think, since I don't have a good feel for what these should look like at this point.

At a week.

Little later.

Same plants at the same time at different angles to show the leaf on the left one is intact.

These are from tonight after around five weeks. A new one had since come in.

Straggler!

I hope I didn't stunt their growth by blasting them with light or anything. I know they like full sun as adults. I also don't know if fresher seeds will necessarily yield better plants. I know a week or more is on the long side. Let me know how they look to you. I'm out of seeds, so I hope they're OK.

Comments (10)