SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biancasantosread

Mediterranean style

Braz latin
5 years ago
Hello. Can someone help me decorate this room? I’m completely lost. The only thing I’m sure it needs to be on this room is my tufted leather couch. Anyone can help me? What kind of decor I can go with leather couch? We now have wood floors. Thanks!

Comments (73)

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Did you find any room picture with the leather sofa? I would love to have the cream couch but it’s impossible with my young kids.
  • homechef59
    5 years ago

Work up the floor plan with measurements. Identify what you have, such as the Chesterfield leather sofa, and place it into the plan. Determine what other pieces of furniture that you need to acquire. Then, select the accent pieces. It's just a question of organizing your thoughts and setting priorities. Some people are intuitively good at this. Others need a game plan. I'm a game plan type of person. Once you know what it is that you are shopping for, it becomes easier to find it.

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    As you said it’s easier for some people to just coordinate things. Not my case that’s why coming here. What is the best way to coordinate color? Texture? If I see a picture where I like everything in the room I’ll probably copy
  • havingfun
    5 years ago

i think i get what you are saying. more of the mama mia movie colors, right? whites, off whites, blue skies, melon colors, and natural browns -woods, leather. imo if you have tables between chairs, you don't really need 2 coffee tables, no? maybe some sort of foot stools? so let me try, tell me what does not work and i will toss it so we don't get clogged.

Larkin Cigar 88" Wide Top Grain Leather Sofa - #14K26 | Lamps Plus · More Info
    Online Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoor, Rugs and more. · More Info

Safavieh Valencia Collection VAL108 Rug, Blue/Multi, 8' X 10' · More Info

Safavieh Evoke EVK224 Indoor Area Rug - Area Rugs at Hayneedle · More Info

Lumisource Rockwell Accent Chair, Orange · More Info

Amazon.com: Oil Painting Hundreds of Birds Cotton Linen Throw Pillow Case Cushio · More Info

Rectangle Coffee Tables on Hayneedle - Rectangle Coffee Tables For Sale · More Info

End & Side Tables | Joss & Main · More Info

drum side table | Joss and Main · More Info

Serena d'italia Contemporary Tiffany 2-Light Striped 22 in.Table Lamp · More Info

• Rina
    5 years ago

Braz, you're right. It's not that easy to find examples of good rooms with a brown leather Chesterfield -- which is odd, given that they are a perennial favourite. Here is one, though, that leans to the richer and more ornate Mediterranean style, as opposed the sunwashed Aegean that Havingfun has been looking at on your behalf. Aside from the brick wall, the effect here is nailed by the chandelier (check in your case) and judicious use of ornamentation like the carved coffee table and the barleysugar of the lamp and chair to the left. Also the rug, of course, and tall candle sticks are typically Med.

Bordley · More Info

• Rina
    5 years ago

It's worth clicking 'more info' to see a gallery of pics from that project, and how the style is carried through to the rest of the house. Lovely job.

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Having fun I loved that end table. those vibrant colors are so cool. I’ll get that orange chair definitely. Rina you found it! That’s the room, that’s perfect. I see this room has the carpet style you guys were talking about, Also how they organize things on the coffee table. That’s gonna help me a lot. I’ll try to put all this together I’ll send you guys a picture of my progress. Thang you so much for the help
  • Rina
    5 years ago

Yay! Have great fun with it. I look forward to seeing what you do.

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Rina I’m in love with that room you showed. What do you suggest for a tv stand on that decor style?
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    What about glass or stone top coffee table? Any suggestions?
  • Rina
    5 years ago

Something like this would work with that look, depending perhaps on what other woods you use in the room. It wouldn't be a star piece, but would blend well. (And that's it for me for today.)

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Furniture-of-America-Walder-Vintage-Walnut-68-inch-TV-Stand/10168023/product.html?refccid=I35X3UMWTQALQPCO3ISANDZIRM&searchidx=2

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Went to the store following some of your suggestions and bought this chair :)
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Rina I love it!! Very nice tv stand. Liked the price too. Thank very much, you guys helped me a lot.
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Now the chair in the living room. I’m not sure. I think I might need one more. This pillow I already had it
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    My husband actually got upset he wanted a recliner on that corner haha
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 years ago

• havingfun
    5 years ago

i am not sure the chair is comfortable? I did get the wood table because you have small children and it ties into the more natural elements in your design. did you want me to toss things from above?

• Rina
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

The chair is a great colour.

I've been thinking of accessorising, as you asked about what to put on your coffee table. I think something like this would be great -- in the Mediterranean style, ornate mixes beautifully with more plain, earthy objects. Can you imagine this filled with shiny red apples? There seem to be a lot of lovely polyresin objects on Houzz.

Monique Collection Large Bowl · More Info

• Rina
    5 years ago

And you might fancy something like this to hold your remotes -- although equally a plain, more serious faux leather would also look good.

Wooden Covered Box With Faux Leather Cover, Set of 2 · More Info

I think I'd better start my day's work now.

Braz latin thanked Rina
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Hi. Before running around buying furniture I decided to sketch a lit bit to see how it looks. Yes, I realized the chair it’s too small for my room. I still want to keep it. I’m putting on my guest bedroom. My husband needs his recliner. So I sketched some ideas putting together some of your suggestions, of course following my taste and style as well. Tell me what you think and what would you add. The first picture I’m going with brown furniture, second picture I’m going more with black and white I really like that old almost gothic style.
  • homechef59
    5 years ago

Mark this up on a piece of graph paper to confirm the sizes. It is possible that this room is large enough to accommodate two conversation groups. I would explore that idea.

I would move the console table with the jars on the wall where you hung the wall hanging. Nothing is written in stone, but it feels as if you are overloading that wall with the TV cabinet and the console table.

Think about a table behind the Chesterfield sofa for lamps. You won't want to depend on the chandelier for lighting.

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    The living room is 17x20. Would you draw an example of 2 conversation seating?
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    This is the floor plan
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    What kind of console table would you suggest?
  • havingfun
    5 years ago

do you need a separate dining room? maybe make that formal living room?

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Hi! I bought this console table. I think it distracted from the dark sofa color. I loved that. Now I don’t know what kind of end table would be good with that :l
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Already had these 2 pillows. Need to add more.
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Uttermost Quatrefoil End Table · More Info
    Is this a good option? Or is it too busy?
    Minimalist Gold Arch End Table, Metal Glass Top Side Accent · More Info
    Or going simple lines? I like them both.

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Someone is build this exactly dark espresso tv stand for me. My living room tv niche is exactly how it shows on this picture. What do you guys think? Please be gentle haha :D

• PRO
    Seldens Furniture
    5 years ago

You have a beautiful space to work with! This style of sofa would look lovely. in fact, you have the space to do a matching pair of sofas. Happy Houzzing!

Carnegie Conrad Sofa, Cigar, 118" · More Info

Carnegie Conrad Sofa, Cigar, 96" · More Info

Braz latin thanked Seldens Furniture
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you so much for your comment!!:D
  • suezbell
    5 years ago

I was trying to figure out what that "art" on the wall is -- or is supposed to represent - and the only thing that comes to mind is a display for a collector of baseball caps.

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Haha ok :D

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Oh he is in heaven right now when I told he is getting his recliner haha :D

• suezbell
    5 years ago

Just curious. When you look at the art close up, what does it look like to you?

• suezbell
    5 years ago

Like the tv stand and that tall orange vase. It is a vase, isn't it?

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Ha well I didn’t like it at first but it came with the house my husband don’t want to take it down he said it’ll leave holes I do think he likes it lol that’s how it look like up close
  • Braz latin
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Oh do you mean the tv stand? That living room picture is not actually my space. I attached the picture to show the tv cabinets I’m planning to build. I want to look like that. All the decor items on that picture are not mine.

• suezbell
    5 years ago

My second thought was they could be a collection of rear view and side mirrors from antique cars. Wrong again.

Thank you for giving me a close up. It is an unusual and interesting piece and not unattractive. What material are the colorful parts? Metal? Glass? Something else.

If you do ever decide to get rid of it, you might use the same holes to hang a box shelf or shelves -- any number or size or wood finish or painted color that suits your taste and purposes -- and the kind with the backs would certainly hide any holes.

http://www.almosthomedogdaycare.com/27345/wall-mounted-cube-shelves/best-wall-mounted-cube-shelves-shelf-shocking-storage-illustrious-cardboard-box/

• Mrs. S
    5 years ago

I've been following this thread for some time. Braz, your wall hanging is great--I really like it, want you to keep it, and use those colors as your inspiration to decorate with the folks here. But I want you to know that in your lifetime as a homeowner, you are going to be very happy to learn how very easy it is to repair small holes such as would be left by removing a wall hanging, nails, screws, etc.

Every homeowner should have a small bucket with some spackle in it (paste-like stuff you buy in a small canister at your local hardware store), some sandpaper of different grits, and a tool for applying the spackle. I like to use a plastic picnic knife. If your wall has texture, then you can buy some spray-on texture. It has been pretty easy for me to imitate the knock-down tract-house texture on my walls, so it should be easy for anyone.

• havingfun
    5 years ago

I could be wrong, but I have looked, bought, and worked with stones and gems for quite a while now. I believe it could be some very nice examples of various cut stones.

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Bought this table. My table decor is lost.. table is big. How would you decor the coffee table?

• Sister Sunnie
    4 years ago

Add a large flat basket or tray (mid to dark tone color) and put whats there in it.

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    4 years ago

great. I'll search for a tray. I also added drapes. tried to keep neutral. the drapes lady suggested this one following the design that I have in one of my pillows. after they installed I was a bit disappointed..not sure if I liked the design. I think I wanted go with something completely neutral. but that's okay. it's staying because it was expensive haha

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I have this orange painting should I go with this busy pillows or something more neutral?

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I have Valentine's decor for now but I got this side table

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    4 years ago

got the pillows but I'm keeping the receipt just in case

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Is anybody there to share some thoughts? I moved the couch a bit to the right because someone was telling me to create balance with the windows.

• Braz latin
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Should I put another lamp on the other side or leave the plant there?