SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erins_mail

red and white oak natural finish-water or oil poly

Erin McElvaney
5 years ago
I'm having new floors in my kitchen and dining room done (drama on another thread) , and the remaining wood floors around my 1950s home sanded and refinished, except my bedrooms.

there will be the threshold between three bedrooms and hallway where no finish meets finish, and anrw vs old threshold.

I really love three natural wood look-mine are a mix of red and white with knots and "character".

the flooring guys messed up and installed the wrong wood inn the kitchen, sanded and refinished the floors with natural stain and what I came to know as oil based poly.

They have to screen the floors and refinish now when they correct their error.

I was never asked nor did I consider different types of clear finish and everything I read said water bared is superior for dry time and fumes. the fumes right now are horrendous..
that being said I loved the way the floors looked with rich warmth to them. but inn ready to have my house back and I don't want to have headaches all summer...

should I ask them to use water based? well this look completely different than the existing floors?

here's some pics of how it turned out, and the new wood that we'll be gong into the kitchen.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor