What is tRump?

HamiltonGardener

I see people here refer to Trump as tRump.

I must be clueless. What is the meaning behind switching the capitalization?

SaveComment32Like
Comments (32)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

Lowercase t to be disrespectful and capital r to emphasize rump.

1 Like Save    
cait1

Those who use it think they are being funny.

They highlight the 'rump' in Trump's name because a 'rump' is another way to say buttocks.

har har sigh

1 Like Save    
HamiltonGardener

Rump. Got it.

I was trying to puzzle out if there was some special meaning. Was beginning to feel a little dim.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

It can also indicate a tea party owned by trump. tRump

Save    
mayflowers

Cait, aren't you the one who refers to President Obama as BO?

har har sigh

9 Likes Save    
cait1

may, why are you insulted by BO's initials? You should be chastising his mother for giving him a first name with a 'B'.

Also, at the time of his entering the presidential race the HT leftists forbid even the mention of BO's middle name so I was not allowed to write BHO. I'm not going to change how I write it now.

Leftist... always trying to dictate what you do, say and think. Authoritarians to the bitter end.

Not so har har but plenty of sigh.

4 Likes Save    
donna_in_sask(2b)

To avoid any confusion, I just refer to him as either Spanky or Idiot-in-Chief, everyone knows who we are talking about then.

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Of course using BO caused vapors and hysteria because it was considered disrespectful to the office of the president. But as always, it's different now.

1 Like Save    
jodik_gw

I just can't bring myself to use what would be respectful capital lettering when mentioning the man and his title at the moment.

I respect the office, just not who occupies it at the time.

2 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

They're both mildly offensive MrsK. And? We have the right to freedom of speech here in order voice our opinions about our government. I never commented on anyone saying BO (although I find playing coy about it being meant negative on the reader, very nauseating) and I am going to continue to call him 'rump. Period. It's what we do in the US. No vapors needed.

I agree with jodik, I respect the office. It bothers me -a lot- that 'rump doesn't. He sees it merely as a vehicle for his own ends.

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

I gave up the misspellings, derogatory nicknames, etc. for Lent and I found it emotionally freeing so I’ve continued it. This should not be interpreted as any change of opinion about Trump. I will say, however, that when during that time “Spanky” came up I realized that would be a tough one to avoid!

7 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Mrs, you are right " But as always, it's different now."

Used to be that deliberate lying,lavish and unethical spending, regular weekend golf and much, much more was unacceptable to Republicans.

Republicans have set a new standard for Presidential behaviour and it is very low

6 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

I guess they figure if the dems do it it must be ok. Not a good reason though.

1 Like Save    
jurasico(7)

tRump, in fact, is being used euphemistically for what the thing actually is.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

It reminds me of t-rex too...or in this case, t-wrecks.

2 Likes Save    
Pidge

I call ALL of them by their names: Bush, Obama, Trump, etc. I find the silly monikers to be pretty feeble.

1 Like Save    
ojo_sigo

My favorite is the one I made up eDJT, but no one else thinks it is funny the eedjits.

3 Likes Save    
ohiomom

I did too FOAS

ETA: not for lent though, just because :)

1 Like Save    
redsox_gw

Mrs knows trump is garbage; otherwise she, herself, would have voted for him. But she told us she doesn't care because the economy is good. Same thing my lone acquaintance who is still supporting trump told me...these people love money but not humanity.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I would think a good economy would be essential in providing humanity.

1 Like Save    
ojo_sigo

Sure you do.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

(((Ojo))) I used your eDJT quite a bit. It was a favorite.

1 Like Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

As always, it seems, there appear to be differing definitions for many formerly commonly understood words, depending on whether one is on the political right or left.

Presuming we now are to consider the reactions of 'conservatives' to the derogatory monikers for Mr. Trump as vapors and hysteria?

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

.these people love money

Are they aware of how the stock market is doing on these days? It's looking quite laggy. I expect it to head even lower. But that's just speculation.

1 Like Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

may, why are you insulted by BO's initials?

Then why are you insulted by the spelling of Spanky's name with a lower case t and an uppercase R? All the letters are there.

And, let's face it, the guy has a Rump that won't quit.

3 Likes Save    
mayflowers

I never expressed any insult over your use of BO, cait. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy. Do you always use trump's initials when referring to him? If you feel your only choices for Obama were BHO or BO, your only choice for trump should be DJT if you're consistent in how you refer to our presidents. Otherwise, calling him BO or BHO is meant as an insult.

5 Likes Save    
jillinnj

They're both mildly offensive MrsK. And? We have the right to freedom of speech here in order voice our opinions about our government. I never commented on anyone saying BO (although I find playing coy about it being meant negative on the reader, very nauseating) and I am going to continue to call him 'rump. Period. It's what we do in the US. No vapors needed.

Exactly.

I did a lot of eye rolling at "BO" and don't for a second believe the poster's reasons for using it, but she is free to use it if it pleases her.

I don't use 'tRump' or 'spanky'. I do use idiot and moron quite often. Because he is.

I always use GWB because it's an easy way to distinguish him from his father.

And as others said - the office is worthy of respect. The idiot occupying it at the moment has done nothing to be worthy of respect. In fact, given what he has said and done, I cannot understand how any sane compassionate person could respect him.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Schmuck is still my favorite for defining trump to a T, although lately it seems too kind....

Schmuck, or shmuck, in American English is a pejorative term meaning one who is stupid or foolish, or an obnoxious, contemptible or detestable person. The word came into the English language from Yiddish (שמאָק, shmok), where it has similar pejorative meanings, but where its literal meaning is a vulgar term for a penis.[1]

Save    
enegiram

Personally, I prefer the Tillerson name, as it fits Trump to a t...Moron.

2 Likes Save    
leona_2008

The idiot in the WH disrespects the office every day. To give trump an ounce of respect is to disrespect that office.

4 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

The isn’t in our WH disrespects the office every day and disrespects his followers by lying

they just don’t get it.

1 Like Save    
redsox_gw

Are they aware of how the stock market is doing on these days? It's
looking quite laggy. I expect it to head even lower. But that's just
speculation.

No, they aren't aware. 1.7M jobs created in 2017. Well over 2 million in the past several years prior.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Patios A Modern Backyard Trumps the Texas Heat
New shaded areas offer a respite in an outdoor Houston living room, while a fire pit re-creates fond memories
Full Story
Industrial Style Kitchen of the Week: Style Trumps Ease in a San Francisco Loft
What’s a little ladder climbing when you’ve got a gorgeous-looking kitchen design like this?
Full Story
Houzz Survey: Livability Trumps Home Value
Increasing home value comes in a distant second among those planning home improvements. Many plan to do some of the work themselves
Full Story