SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkhall

Exterior paint for dreary PNW area cape cod style home; plantings?

kirkhall
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This is the year to pay someone to repaint our house! And, I can change the colors if I want. I've been looking at options, and I'm having trouble deciding if I should stick with the general theme of this house, or change it up.

The house is located where we only get a few good months a year with sunny skies. The rest of the time, it can be quite gray (and sometimes very wet). Moss/algae happens-- esp on gutters.

The coloring of my house (front and back) is this taupe, with brown trim. There is minimal to no trim around most windows, and they are a white vinyl frame. So, they are what they are.

I like this blue house, with white trim. But, can you do white trim in a place that mildew/algaes? Besides that, since my house has a brown colored roof rather than a gray colored one, can I get away with blue-gray? Or, should I stick with the creamy colors? Your advice is much appreciated!

Finally, any planting ideas for the front of the house? We had to take out two huge, overgrown arborvitae-like (non-trimmable) bushes on either side of the front door, and not it looks very empty.

Comments (9)