SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gritsnh63

Post hurricane update: Ideas for curb appeal of beach duplex?

gritsnh63
5 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Original post: My hubby and I are renovating this 1960s stucco duplex at the beach. Most of the budget is going toward making improvements to the interior after previous additions left a rather quirky layout. However, as you can see the exterior needs help. We don’t like the color but it was freshly painted before we bought it so we’re hoping to find a way to improve curb appeal with the existing color. We plan to replace the front doors adding a pop of color. We also planned to remove the shutters and put wide trim around the windows. White? Natural wood? Color?

Some of the ideas we had: Some architectural feature under the windows or around doors like corrugated metal panels, horizontal natural wood boards (like ones in pic 2), cedar shake shingles, some other interesting shingle shape painted a few shades darker than walls. Another idea was to build wood divider wall between center windows and extend boards around under windows and incorporate bench seating.

We really can’t get a good vision and hope you creative people have some

***Updated post****

Follow-up post. Before we got to add curb appeal Hurricane Michael changed everything. Here are pics from #1 before hurricane ,#2 after hurricane and #3 today. It’s been a long journey. My husband wanted to go with lighter blue than previous suggestions but I’d still like ideas for better door color and beach friendly landscaping for out front

(There is an identical concrete pad to the right of trailer and portable toilet.)

Comments (12)