SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfonde1

Impact Windows - PGT, CWS, NewSouth or Simonton?

Buzz Lightyear
5 years ago

I'm trying to decide on vinyl impact windows for a villa in Sarasota, Florida. Most contractors I've spoken to recommend PGT Winguard but that may be because they are manufactured right here in Venice. In the comments section of Google, there are many complaints against PGT, plus I don't think their warranty is transferable to the next homeowner, which would be a major plus. I'm wondering if PGT is over-rated?

Another contractor installs Simonton Stormbreaker Plus exclusively, and said they don't care much for PGT. I'd like to hear more opinions about Simonton, since only 1 dealer out of 4 I've contacted, recommends them.

CWS appears to be having some quality control issues right now, so I'm not really giving them much consideration right now. Am I misinformed about CWS?

NewSouth seems to have a decent product, transferable warranty, and they at least give the appearance of wanting to stand behind their product. I'm not finding many opinions about NewSouth.

Are there any other options that I haven't considered that are in the same price range as the above mentioned?

Comment (1)