SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmgaud2

Cabinets ordered in wrong color

cmgaud2
5 years ago

I'm not quite sure where else to turn. We are doing a whole-house remodel and ordered cabinets from a reputable kitchen re-modeler. Upon walking into the showroom, I vocalized many times I wanted white shaker style cabinets with a navy island. I brought photos of BRIGHT WHITE cabinets and we looked at a couple options of style but didn't focus on colors (there was one option of navy and we didn't go over varying tones of white.) Since placing the order in January, I thought I was getting crisp white cabinets with a navy island - ordering hardware, decor, paint, counters, and backsplash based on this thought.

Fast-forward, we are finally ready for delivery and install. The cabinets arrived today and they are light grey (FYI, there is no disputing that they are light grey.) I frantically went back through the invoice and contract (which, I know - we signed), and the color for the perimeter cabinets is listed as Limestone. I know I'm partially at fault here but we also never discussed varying shades of white with the designer. Our best guess is he just assumed this limestone color (which on the phone today he admittedly said - yes it is a light grey) but I always said white, white, white. I know that we are as responsible for not calling it out or questioning it - but we went back and forth with these guys on configurations many times, made multiple trips to the showroom, and discussed color choices for laundry and bath cabinets endlessly (but never the perimeter cabinets because we always thought we were getting white!) We also never looked at or saw a Schrock catalog that would've suggested that Limestone was not in fact white.

I feel duped and crushed - shelling out tons of money for a kitchen renovation to be disappointed by the end product (mind you it doesn't look bad it just isn't what we envisioned) - and I know I'm liable to the signed contract (no need to make me feel worse here, I know we signed it.) The question is - what can I do here? Can we spray/paint the cabinets? They are the Schrock Entra series. We feel like we have zero options (cause, we paid for everything) and are just trying to see if there are any alternatives to get the white cabinets I dreamed of.

Comments (67)

• Boxerpal
    5 years ago

cmgaud2, love the countertop you have chosen, Your kitchen is going to be gorgeous. Just wait and see!

cmgaud2 thanked Boxerpal
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

cmgaud,,,. adding some black w/the navy would work. or even something like these Serena and Lily pieces

and if picking wood for shelves, try walnut.

cmgaud2 thanked Beth H. :
  • Related Discussions

Help! Did I order the wrong sink color?

Q

Comments (6)
    srahndennis - I chuckled a little when I read this, but certainly not at you ... it's because I was doing the same questioning of my choice (like I've done with so many other things in this kitchen reno =) I'm the opposite of you though - I originally wanted a deep brown sink because I have cream cabinets with a cafe dry brushing/light glaze and antique bronze handles. My granite is darker - has mostly deep browns, some black/creams/silver and slight splashes of dark coppery orange. But when I saw the Silgranit cafe in person, the brown didn't look rich enough for the browns in my granite (it actually looked like a dusty brown (it could have been that the sink was actually dusty instead though - lol) So I went with the anthracite since I have black in my granite too (and in parts of the ss appliances). With a colored sink, I'm of the thought that the sink looks best when it blends, rather than contrasts, with the counter (ss is an exception as it is so standard it always works). I think in our cases either one would work, but the cafe may work better for you since you have a lighter granite. It's hard to say without seeing it, but I think it may give you a softer flow than the black. And the appliances will then pull the slight blacks from your counter.
    ...See More

Wrong Cabinet Color Ordered by Contractor

Q

Comments (13)
    Since you like the color that was ordered by mistake and, as you say, it is growing on you, then why not consider it a "fortunate accident" and go ahead and use the cabinets? Of course, if you don't like the color and have your heart set on what you oringinally ordered, then you should insist on getting what you wanted. Here's what concerns me ... if your contractor has to absorb the full cost of those wrongly ordered cabinets, even if it is HIS FAULT, you may end up suffering for it. He will be doing your job now with a huge cut in his profit, maybe even for NO profit. That is a very costly error on his part. Even if that has nothing to do with you, I'd be concerned that the quality of the rest of the job would suffer. Have you discussed NOT using the cabinets? What was his attitude? I would also want the entire order inspected before deciding ... is everything else satisfactory regarding the condition of the cabinets?
    ...See More

Contractor/subcontractor ordered wrong cabinets

Q

Comments (27)
    Answer a few questions: By "plywood option," do you mean that the sides, back and bottom of the box is plywood? Most cabinet lines only use hardwood like maple or oak for the faceframe. That's the part the door touches when it closes. Do these cabinets have a hardwood faceframe? You mention melamine. Do you mean that the door has a substrate with melamine (which is like Formica) laminated on top? Are you using the word melamine to describe the veneer on the sides, back and bottom of the cabinet? These terms have been thrown around and I want to get a clear idea of what you mean. I hope you'll take the time to answer.
    ...See More

Help! One Kitchen Cabinet Painted the Wrong Color

Q

Comments (12)
    I own a company that goes into homes and re sprays this exact product all the time. We do excellent touch ups repairs on them as well. When presented with a larger spray that involves the doors and drawers. We do our best to get a company involved that can hang them and spray them for us and we go in and do the boxes onsite. There have been many times we have created our own way of hanging them, but it is a pain. You have conversion varnish on there now. We would come in to re spray with conversion varnish hopefully supplied by the company that finished them or get the color code and go get some made. The finish if applied correctly will be as durable. Being sprayed onsite is not any finishers favorite thing to do, but it is possible. The real thing you need to consider is what else can be damaged in removing the incorrect parts. If you allow them to spray onsite, and all goes well in a few hours everything will be done. If you wait for new product they need to uninstall a lot, re install, perform any touch ups if needed to your walls, floors and possibly the cabinets themselves. All of these areas are at risk of damage if uninstalled. Touch up is a very big part of the cabinet industry. Other than owning Woodright Repair Services in Tacoma. I am a Technical Rep for Konig North America for Washington, Oregon and Hawaii. Konig is a touch up material manufacturer that is 125 years old. My Konig customers are directly large cabinet companies. They all have some times several touch up stations within the factory. Sometimes even set up to respray parts that were shot the wrong color. This is to help reduce waste. If those cabinets come off your wall, they go into a dumpster. I would give them a shot at it once. If they blow it then get new cabinets.
    ...See More
  • tatts
    5 years ago

White is so unimaginative. Boring.

• saratogaswizzlestick
    5 years ago

I think this was a happy accident. Love the sophistication of the gray and blue and your slab is just stunning.

cmgaud2 thanked saratogaswizzlestick
  • Hillside House
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I'm sorry you're disappointed. I agree with the others that it will look amazing, but I get how you feel. I'm worried that the light grey I chose for my cabinets actually looks white in my kitchen, so the reverse issue.

I also would pair it with a light color on the walls. I would go just a bit lighter than the Limestone, so you have a subtle tonal effect. I think that will trick your eye into thinking it's the same color, but just the shadow cast by your countertops making it look a little darker.

Good luck!

cmgaud2 thanked Hillside House
  • rockybird
    5 years ago

This is going to be an amazing kitchen. I hope you post pics as you continue. I prefer the limestone over the bright white. I also hope you get some sort of discount because of all the stress this mishap put you through!

cmgaud2 thanked rockybird
  • CarrieHund
    5 years ago

Also now you can use any white trim color you want in the space. Otherwise you would have had to match it to the dingy alabaster or yellowish Brie

cmgaud2 thanked CarrieHund
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    5 years ago

The cabinets look great! Your kitchen will be beautiful, but if you want the Limestone cabinets to look whiter, then paint the walls in a darker color. A lighter color or white will make them look grayer.

cmgaud2 thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • Holly Stockley
    5 years ago

Remember, too, that most of those lovely pro photos are taken with lots of extra light sources and then still tweaked in photoshop to make them extra bright. I wonder how many of them have a shade of gray for the cabs that washes down to "white" under those conditions?

I think it's going to look just lovely once you've got it all put together. You've made excellent choices to get to the look you're going for. You might want to get some nice big boards, paint them a few of your wall color choices and move them around the room. See how they look on different walls, at different times of day, next to the limestone cabs, and next to the navy.

cmgaud2 thanked Holly Stockley
  • Marla V
    5 years ago

Agree this will end up being a happy accident! I think your kitchen will look beautiful especially because you've chosen some wood accents to warm everything up.

cmgaud2 thanked Marla V
  • PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    5 years ago

FWIW, I think the cabinets are lovely! To add, white kitchens are on their way out. You're already a trendsetter. ;-)

cmgaud2 thanked Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • indigoheaven
    5 years ago
    I'm surprised that you didn't or weren't able to take a sample door home to see it in your own home. Is that not customary?
  • pigeen
    5 years ago

I'm curious as to what the seller's response was when you asked why did you show me white when you were going to order limestone.

• Melissa R
    5 years ago

following. I can't wait to see the finished pictures. I really think the grey will be better than the white!

cmgaud2 thanked Melissa R
  • tiggerlgh
    5 years ago
    The line ordered doesn’t have bright white. Not sure how/why OP ordered without seeing the quality and style of their cabinets let alone colors.

It doesn’t matter what they held up, many times it’s other lines sitting on their desk, etc.

OP ordered limestone and they got limestone.

I still think it will be a happy accident and look much better than originally planned.
  • Denita
    5 years ago

I understand tiggerigh's point. However, I disagree on the part that says "It doesn't matter what they held up...."

The sales rep needs to be aware of what s/he is selling. Showing white and discussing white while the particular cabinet line doesn't have the buyers' white selection is bait and switch. Yes, the ultimate onus is on the buyer to check and double check the contract order form to make sure it says what he purchased. However, the sales rep not showing the actual sample of the cabinet at the time of order is unconscionable. Inexcusable. Irresponsible. It is also deceptive.

I like the limestone. I think it will look great. But giving a pass to sloppy or deceptive selling isn't the solution.

cmgaud2 thanked Denita
  • Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    5 years ago

Don’t despair!

I recently had my kitchen cabinets repainted. They were a bright, sunny yellow for 20 years. Time for a change so we decided on white as we knew we’d be selling the house in the near future, plus it was the only color we could agree on lol. The one color I didn’t want was grey. I love grey, but just didn’t want it for this kitchen. Anyway the painter comes out and after much trial and error we figure out that we will have to go with chalk paint, but that the white won’t cover the yellow without tons of extra work and expense! Guess what color worked best to do the trick? Grey, of course.

So we need up with grey and it has really grown on us. We changed out some accessories and really love it now.

I like Sophie’s idea of the navy paint.

cmgaud2 thanked Annette Holbrook(z7a)
  • tiggerlgh
    5 years ago
    I agree to a point but we don’t know what the salesman said while holding the bright white up. It could have been “white like this is not available in the line you are looking at”.

Just saying we don’t know if they were right or wrong, but we know OP made a mistake that I think will be better in the end.
  • Denita
    5 years ago

^You are right. Didn't even occur to me that he could have been saying "not available in this color".

• CarrieHund
    5 years ago

Update?

• PRO
    Home Art Tile Kitchen & Bath
    5 years ago

Every white cabinet has an undertone and getting a light gray is not bad at all, on the contrary. I would love to see the cabinets in your kitchen. I would not spray them and I wouldn't buy new. I would rather try different things with wall color and other decor elements to make them appear as light as possible.

• PRO
    5 years ago

I really think her kitchen is going to be lovely, and I'm sure she's learned a valuable lesson for the future.

Shoulda/woulda/coulda isn't helpful at this point.

• bry911
    5 years ago

I'm sure she's learned a valuable lesson for the future.

What lesson? The OP did nothing wrong.

Just to be clear, the signed purchase order means very little in these instances. There is something called the implied warranty of fitness for a specific purpose and a signature on a purchase order or contract doesn't release the merchant from their responsibility.

Where the seller at the time of contracting has reason to know any particular purpose for which the goods are required and that the buyer is relying on the seller's skill or judgment to select or furnish suitable goods, there is unless excluded or modified under the next section an implied warranty that the goods shall be fit for such purpose.

So unless their contract says that we make no representation that the actual color ordered will be the color selected, you just need an email that noted you wanted white and that this is gray.

• cpartist
    5 years ago

I would try a blue/gray color that is one shade darker than the cabinets for the walls. On the walls it will read blue and make the cabinets appear whiter.

• _sophiewheeler
    5 years ago

You can’t sell what doesn’t exist. When no bright white is available, it doesn’t matter what the OP wanted if it doesn’t exist in the line she chose. Sure, she can potentially pay the restocking fee, and pay the additional 20-25% premium to move to a more expensive line that will have what she wants, but there is a reason that she chose the cheaper line to begin with. Trade offs for a budget happen.

• bry911
    5 years ago

You can’t sell what doesn’t exist. When no bright white is available, it doesn’t matter what the OP wanted if it doesn’t exist in the line she chose.

I absolutely agree, but then again, the contract doesn't exist either. A merchant knowing the desired use of an item, can't make a change, no matter how necessary or valid, that will impede the known use (color is sufficient for use, that has already been tested).

The reason this section of the UCC exists, is to keep merchants with specialized knowledge of products from using that knowledge to make a sale that they know will not meet a customer's needs.

I don't know, off the top of my head, the color composition of "limestone." If I walked into a cabinet store and said I want bright white, and the merchant held up a door and said, "like this?" He could then tell me it was "limestone" and I wouldn't for a second doubt that the cabinet line called their bright white - "limestone." This is exactly why the statute exists, to prevent merchants from using their expertise to make a sale that the customer doesn't want. There are other budget cabinet lines out there, and I bet one of them makes a bright white.

-----

Now I agree it is a happy accident in this case, but that doesn't mean that were the cabinets not acceptable to the OP, then the OP would simply be stuck with them and out of luck, having learned a "valuable lesson."

• katinparadise
    5 years ago

following

• PRO
    5 years ago

The "valuable lesson" I referred to is that whenever you are purchasing anything, it is wise to check, and double-check your purchase invoice to make sure you are getting what you want. You need to have a keen eye and be mindful of every color, pattern, price, and anything else specified on your invoice before you sign and pay for anything. I never implied that the OP did anything wrong, she just assumed that what she verbalized was translated to her contract. And if the seller was just as concerned he/she would have made sure that she knew what she was getting. Unfortunately, the onus is always on the purchaser--no one is as concerned or involved in your project as you are.

And is color included in an "implied warranty of fitness"? The cabinets will function absolutely fine in any color, so the seller could claim that he/she did nothing wrong to violate the statute.

• bry911
    5 years ago

is color included in an "implied warranty of fitness"? The cabinets will function absolutely fine in any color, so the seller could claim that he/she did nothing wrong to violate the statute.

Yes, I noted that it has been tested in court... So the seller can claim they are the tooth fairy and it will not make any difference.

I referred to is that whenever you are purchasing anything, it is wise to check, and double-check your purchase invoice to make sure you are getting what you want

We rely on supposed experts to be competent for many things. The assertion that we have to become intimately familiar with everyone else's job or end up in this position is quite unreasonable.

Were you to hold up a bright white cabinet door and say the manufacturer calls this limestone, I could check the invoice all day long and would never pick up on the fact that it is the wrong color.

Let's see if I can make this relatable. Suppose I, as an experienced CPA, was doing your taxes, and you were a qualifying first time homebuyer, so I said you need to fill out the form 8611 for first time home buyers. I then provide you an invoice for you to inspect before we begin. Would you catch the fact that the form 8611 is the recapture of low income housing credit and not the first time home-buyer credit?

I think we can assume that most people wouldn't catch it. How would you then feel were I to say, "well boy you learned a valuable lesson"?

ETA: Before anyone goes crazy I don't really do taxes and don't even care what forms you actually need.

• Val B
    5 years ago
    I'm following this. I'm kind of over seeing white and navy kitchens and I think this color combination will look so sophisticated. That slab is gorgeous! I would just make sure that the undertone of the cabinet color goes with the slab (take a door to see it with the slab before they cut).
  • rebecca_adia
    5 years ago

This is a fascinating thread for several reasons: 1) I LOVE the grey/navy combo you ended up with and so many of these inspiriation pics make me drool

2) I find the whole legality thing fascinating. and if you decide you’re not happy w limestone, I’d be so curious to hear what they say— if it were me I would absolutely push for the right to return in this scenario ( not because of the color you ended up with but just because of the general principle) and might even get an attorney to help if I hit a brick wall. Emotionally, without knowing the law— I find the whole argument that consumers aren’t supposed to have to second-guess *everything* to be an extremely compelling one. Especially for such a major purchase as cabinets.

• PRO
    5 years ago

The lesson could also be learned if you knew about getting a strike-off, which is a sample door made just for you before you okay the order. If it doesn't meet your specifications, you either select something else or reject the order.

• Holly Stockley
    5 years ago

The lesson could also be learned if you knew about getting a strike-off, which is a sample door made just for you before you okay the order. If it doesn't meet your specifications, you either select something else or reject the order.

Is this even an option if you're not doing fully custom cabinets?

• bry911
    5 years ago

The lesson could also be learned if you knew about getting a strike-off, which is a sample door made just for you before you okay the order.

The first time "strike-off" was used in this thread was 1 hour ago, yet the lesson about getting a "strike-off" was supposed to be learned days ago. When you have to define what is meant by a term that you used, then it is safe to assume that the general public doesn't know about it. Thus we hire experienced professionals and rely on their knowledge.

The person who should be informing the client about "strike-offs" is the merchant and the lack of that information is nothing short of a further dereliction of reasonable responsibility and an increase in the merchant's culpability. You are essentially saying there is an industry standard known to merchants that will prevent this, and you believe it is the client's duty to demand rather than the merchant's duty to provide?

• cpartist
    5 years ago

Here again, you're putting the onus on the consumer. I actually did get a strike off because I was doing a custom color, but for a stock door color, I doubt I would have thought to ask for a strike off. And I know what a strike off is only because I was a fabric and wallpaper designer for over 22 years.

Meaning the onus shouldn't be on the consumer. You don't go to a doctor with a problem and need to know what the problem is and what the solution is before you meet with the doctor. Why do we assume that if we go to buy something, we should know more than the supposed "expert"?

• PRO
    5 years ago

The experienced professional is usually the designer, who is the consumer's advocate in this situation. But many consumers do not see the value in hiring this type of professional, and then complain when things go awry. And no, if you go to a physician you don't need to know what the problem and the solution are before you meet with him or her. But you do need to be mindful of your situation, educate yourself and take responsibility for your health.

• cmgaud2
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Update: we had already selected our slab (based on the assumption of white cabinets) and now the cabinets are reading more of a beige after install. Upsetting. We are CAREFULLY considering paint choices and I think what @cpartist mentioned could be a good suggestion - it's a bright kitchen w/ lots of natural light and I want to keep things airy (and not go dark on the walls.) I had made peace with the cabinets (much in thanks to the nice comments on this post) but once our slab went in yesterday, I'm worked up about the color again. Trying to remain calm as we still need lighting (can lights & pendants going in soon), paint (it's only primed right now), and other decorative finishes which I'm hopeful will make me feel better about the situation.

I'm not complaining things went awry, I was in a complete panic. I should note, my parents owned a successful renovation and design company, my bf and his dad work in commercial construction, and I have a background in merchandising so we weren't completely uninformed. I do think the salesperson misrepresented things - we were willing to spend more on cabinets for a line that had a bright white - but that was never mentioned to us (we would've moved on from the Entra series or gone elsewhere.) At the end of the day, I walked in and said I wanted white shaker-style cabinets and a navy island, and was never shown a sample that didn't appear bright white (I didn't, nor did my mom who had 25 years experience in home remodels, my bf,or his dad - all who have experience in the industry.) So - while we did sign the contract and that's what the salesperson is holding to, I think both parties are at fault. No point in beating a dead horse here, the cabinet place isn't going to change anything and our hands are a bit tied. Trying not to dwell on this aspect as all we can really do at the moment is try and make these cabinets work.

That said, here are some progress pictures. Thanks to all for your feedback and advice. What's really helpful would be more paint color suggestions and ideas to help it read lighter. I'm super happy with the island, but the limestone cabinets are no where near as crisp-looking as I wanted.

• Marla V
    5 years ago
    What are your plans for lighting? What color pendants, etc?
  • K R
    5 years ago
    FWIW it looks gorgeous!!!
    cmgaud2 thanked K R
  • cpartist
    5 years ago

No point in beating a dead horse here, the cabinet place isn't going to change anything and our hands are a bit tied.

Of course after it's all finished, social media is a great way to make sure others don't have to go through what you did with the less than honest store. ;)

I would still try different blues. Later tonight, I'll see if I can try some in photoshop for you. Can you get me a good head on shot with cabinets, counters, backsplash and walls?

cmgaud2 thanked cpartist
  • CarrieHund
    5 years ago

Do you have a close up of the counters? Are there really no warm tones in it? If there are some, then it will be fine with the cabinets.

cmgaud2 thanked CarrieHund
  • Jennifer Dube
    5 years ago

I think your kitchen is looking beautiful!!

I really like the grey. Looks so sharp with that navy island and with the countertop.

Did they at least offer you a discount, or throw in some upgraded features? Or throw in some free bathroom vanities? Anything?

cmgaud2 thanked Jennifer Dube
  • cmgaud2
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Nothing Jennifer M! He said if I was unhappy with the cabinets ordered I could order an all new set for full price :)...I will definitely take to social media to post reviews after it's all said & done (they still own us a couple of cabinet fronts that weren't delivered as well as a few drawer fronts need replacing so waiting for that until we post anything.)

Maria V - In terms of pendants, we ordered these from Wayfair. Nice copycat of the Serena & Lily Goodman pendant (https://www.wayfair.com/lighting/pdp/nadeau-1-light-inverted-pendant-lrfy2627.html?piid=19291723.) Pic below. So - chrome pendants and fixtures, matte black hardware on the cabinets. We also had the electrician pop a couple bulbs in the can lights and it helps to see it w/ some lighting for sure :) Also - everything is pretty dirty at the moment, so anxious to get this this weekend to deep clean and see how it looks.

I'm posting a close up of the counters (no warms tones - very white and grey.) Positive note - the backsplash was grouted on Friday and I do think it makes a huge difference! Cpartist - I'm posting some photos but if these don't work I'll get some better ones tonight. That would be a huge help!

Thanks all!

Grouted backsplash:

Close-up of counters (in different lighting - I think its covered in some construction dust in these pics)

Pendants

Dining table (open area behind island)

• Denita
    5 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! I love your backsplash with the countertops and the cabinets. It actually looks intentional :)

cmgaud2 thanked Denita
  • Boxerpal
    5 years ago

@cmgaud, DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!!! It is simply amazing, You took lemons and made beautiful delicious lemonade. The stone counters and tile look as though you planned the cabinet color all along. Those pendants will be perfect. That table is elegant.

I know you are still thinking about paint colors. Do you mean for the walls or to repaint the cabinets? Dove white BM might be too creamy. I am using Super White by BM and it is a crisp bright white that is cool but should not read gray.

You and your family clearly have talent in the industry, If my kitchen is half as pretty as yours, I will be so thrilled.

~boxer

cmgaud2 thanked Boxerpal
  • hollybar
    5 years ago

Looks great. I much prefer it over what all white would have done in the space.

cmgaud2 thanked hollybar
  • Marla V
    5 years ago

The backsplash looks great! You've made beautiful finish choices and I think in the end all will be fine. Don't forget that you can also use certain decor items to help tie everything in together. Agree that your paint color will be important . I can't really speak to it - but I know there are those on this board who can perhaps help with a different type of lightbulbs that may help if that's an option you want to explore. Just take it a step at a time and hang in there!

cmgaud2 thanked Marla V
  • hiccup4
    5 years ago

It looks waaaaaay better than bright white. Bright white would have cheapened the entire kitchen. The perimeter cabinets looks very expensive to my eye and bring an air of sophistication. They look fantastic with your counters. You've got this!!!!

cmgaud2 thanked hiccup4
  • cmgaud2
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks so much @hiccup4 @mariav @hollybar + @denita !!

@boxerpal - thanks for the tip! We are looking for wall paint colors that will keep the room cool and not reading beige or too warm. I'll look in BM Super White! Testing paint samples throughout the house and kitchen this weekend.

• Gill
    5 years ago

I think it looks really nice! I understand your initial disappointment in relation to what was in your head, but the new colour looks great with the countertop and with the navy.

Re: the mistake, I think it is easier to make than people think, even when you think you are being diligent. We went to a kitchen design store, reviewed all the white options with them, brought two doors home and tried them in our space, and then told the designer to change from what she had liked (one with a gray tinge called "concrete dust") and go with the one with a hint of cream to match the Frosty Carrina counter. We got a 15 page contract with all of the different cabinets, the dimensions, the inserts etc, which had been revised dozens of times. We have full-time jobs that at the time were going into the night and were squeezing in these multiple meetings. I almost didn't read the final version because we had been through it so many times and I had confirmed the last changes on the phone with the designer. However, she had forgotten to change it and it was sheer luck that I noticed. I didn't have email proof so we could have been in the same boat as cmgaud. And if that had happened, the concrete dust cabinets would likely have been great too, so we'd have had a slightly different but just as nice finished product.

cmgaud2 thanked Gill