SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajcn

Inspiration photo, choosing color palette, need help with countertop

AJCN
5 years ago

I've posted on this before, but I was premature. Now my siblings and I have finally settled on a basic look, and I'm starting a new post. We are helping DD with a whole house remodel of his vacation home. Going up there in a couple of weeks to choose all the "hard" materials such as counters, flooring, cabinets, stone for fireplace. After several days of searching Houzz pictures, my siblings and I have found a couple of inspiration photos and they are all from the same house.

Here is the main family room of the inspiration house:

Lake House Custom Home · More Info

All the connecting spaces have good paint colors and finishes that tie the house together nicely, so we are going to mimic this color palette as a starting point and add a little more color with pillows and such.

Here is the kitchen:

Lake House Custom Home · More Info

QUESTION: Should we choose a light counter like this homeowner did, or a dark one? I think either will look nice, but we are all on the fence about it. We want to install quartz, so I will look to see what quartz colors are available. This is probably granite, but we don't want that bc this house might be rented out in the future and we don't want to worry about chipping.

Our kitchen is smaller that the inspiration photo and is open to the dining and family room.

Comments (15)