SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coriannh0uzzviolatedmyprivacy

Massive backyard remodel ... Look what you all helped me create!!!

Look at what you all helped me to create! In 2016 I found Houzz and Gardenweb as I was undertaking a huge backyard remodel. Many of us probably found this site under similar circumstances, remodeling or making a change and looking for ideas.

We inherited the house my hubby grew up in, but it was very deteriorated because his parents were ill before they passed and the yard is just not a priority under those circumstances. We waited about 5 years as we saved and saved. I got to know the property and began drawing up plans (colored pencils and graph paper... total novice DIYer, but it turned out better than I envisioned). His mother had a rose garden that was her pride and joy decades ago. I knew I wanted a rose garden too, but grew up on a ranch, so I also wanted lots of variety, fruit trees, veggies, berries, azaleas, rhodies, CA natives and planned on small, but good sized rose garden with about 50 roses. I knew how to garden, but knew only a few rose names, wasn’t nearly as informed as I am now, thanks to all of you! Fast forward to today, you all helped me incorporate everything I wanted and then MORE! Impossible to resist your endorsements and photos, I ended up with way more varieties of roses (not sure how many actual bushes, I like a lot of repeats). Without sacrificing, still lots of fruit trees, other edibles, CA natives, drought tolerant bulbs, rhodies, azaleas... it truly is my oasis. Thank you so much to everyone here. You all helped me create this. It’s been back breaking work, but you all made it so fun! I wish you could all come over for a garden party and enjoy it with me.

I know there will be lots of comments and compliments here, but please remember that while I may have done a lot of the physical work and design... you ALL helped with choosing the right plants. Without you this would have been years of trial and error and stil never look as it does now. The compliments should really go to every one of YOU. :-)

August 2016

September 2016

October 2016

November 2016

And now... April 2018

More photos to enjoy coming up...

Comments (88)