SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annalea_krebs

what color sofa should i add to living room to warm it up

Annalea Krebs
5 years ago

Hi Houzz Community!

I'm looking for your advice on what colour sofa I should consider to brighten up and warm up my condo's living room. I'm going for a West Coast modern look, but with a warm/inviting feel (vs. cold/industrial) and some eclectic touches (note Moroccan side table). I like the design of the current sofa, but find the briar grey too dark and cold for the look I'm going for.

The room does get a lot of light from all sides of the room but since our floors are dark wood with tones of red and other furnishings are darker wood, I think I either need a warmer couch or lighter couch and would love your sofa colour suggestions!

Also if you can suggest a rug colour to go with the new sofa that would be amazing! I can see myself adding in some sheepskin rugs on chairs for texture and am considering a persian carpet but again am afraid it might get to dark/serious.

Also i'm thinking of going for sheer belgian flax linen for the curtains just so you can visualize the vision for the rest of the room.

The desk may also be moving downstairs and replaced with the plant. Paintings etc still need to be introduced into the space - we just moved in!

I love the dining table, the fireplace and the lamp, the hardwood floors, and my dark blue stool.

Thanks friends!

Comments (8)