SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheric68

Wall Treatment for Bathroom

Sheri
5 years ago

We recently purchased an older home and are in the process of remodeling most of it. We are going to be adding a bathroom to the downstairs that will be used primarily when we're entertaining in the basement bonus room. The flooring will be Coretec LVT plank in Bristol Oak that we have left from a basement bonus room: (we have not put the flooring in yet, we are waiting until the vanity arrives so we can make sure they go well together)

And I ordered this vanity from Houzz:

San Nicolas 48" Rustic Vanity, Vintage Red · More Info

We are thinking of putting a small 36x36 shower in there as well as that will be the only other bathroom on that floor other than the master. If we do that I'm leaning towards just a kit rather than tiling as we've already gutted and redone a separate full bath and will be doing a complete master remodel so I'd like to keep this one a bit simpler.

I'm wondering what to do on the walls. Should we just sheetrock and paint to keep it simple or do some sort of wood treatment? I would have to say I usually like traditional type decor but with a bit of rustic and unexpected thrown in, nothing modern or contemporary.

I will also need some sort of vessel sink and fixture if anyone has ideas for that too!

Comments (5)