SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leslie_patterson5907595

"Hotel style" master bath remodel

Leslie Patterson
5 years ago

We have a tiny master bathroom - the shower and toilet are behind a pocket door and the vanity is outside of that - open to the bedroom area. Decision 1: prefab shower insert or tile. I'm leaning toward tile, but honestly not sure in our market if it matters all that much for resale and inserts are easier to clean (I think). Decision 2 is - to extend the wall to enclose the bathroom altogether or leave it as is with the vanity open to the bedroom area. Right now I have a 5-ft vanity and clear sight lines for my daughter to play in our room while I get ready. Enclosing it would mean a 2-ft vanity (we can't extend the wall out farther due to a window on the back wall), and would take away the option of keeping my eye on my child, but would make it a more traditional master 3/4 bath. Obviously, leaving the wall where it is is less expensive on our end, but now is the time to change it if we’re going to - since we’re replacing the bathroom floor. Right outside that wall is hardwood - that needs refinished or replaced anyway (eventually). I’m leaning toward keeping it open - I don’t mind the “hotel style” - but not sure if it would throw off potential future buyers.

Comments (2)