SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merlena87

Accentuating the positive

Sara-Ann Z6B OK
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Since I would usually have a few blooms by now and loads of buds, but believe my spring flush is still over a month away, I’m looking for different things to get excited about with my roses. I have been very impressed with my Zaide. I planted it last year, and I had a few blooms, but not many. It looks very healthy, has gotten quite a bit bigger, and is setting on quite a few buds, can’t wait to see it with more than just one or two blooms, and I love the pictures I’ve seen of this rose.

I have a Queen Elizabeth that is on multiflora, which I planted in 2015. It’s taken its time to do much at all, but I noticed it is developing three new canes at the base, and is looking much more filled out. Hoping it will have lots of blooms.

Most of my Old Garden Roses are setting on buds, and MME ERNEST CALVAT really excites me, it looks so pretty this year, and I can’t wait to see all those gorgeous blooms.

I planted a gob of mostly bareroot hybrid teas and a handful of floribundas, mostly in pots, but a few in the ground, they have really taken off and with all the Hybrid Teas I already have, I should have lots of blooms! Seems like the bareroot roses were all especially healthy this year.

Oh, one more thing I almost forgot, my two Love Song bushes which I thought were done for are still alive and looking good, would sure enjoy having some of those pretty blooms this year!

Comments (17)