SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rtclegg4

Should I paint these cabinets? If so, what color?

rtclegg4
6 years ago

We just purchased a preexisting new build, the house has a traditional/transitional feel. As the photos show, the floors are dark and the cabinets are also dark, so I'm thinking of having the cabinets painted. Sad since they're new but I like light bright. Style wise, I love how Leanne Ford on HGTV always paints walls white and I'm considering that. The counters are a neutral quartz, back splash is white subway, the walls are all light tan and the kitchen is open concept to the great room.

Here are the options that I've come up with, does one sound better to achieve a bright airy feel and not be dated in 5 years? Maybe someone has a different suggestion that I haven't thought of?

1. All white cabinets with white or very light grey/greige walls

2. Light grey cabinets with white walls

3. All white cabinets with a warm medium grey on the island with white or very light greige walls

4. All white cabinets with a bright blue island (medium tone leaning more blue green/teal) and white walls.

I'm also attaching a pendant light that I'm liking a lot for the kitchen. Maybe the tan walls would seem brighter with painted cabinets and the pendant light would tie it all together?

Thanks for your help/suggestions!

Comments (18)