SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicky_j10

7 Year Old Girl's Room

Nicole James
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I am decorating a completely new bedroom for my boyfriend's 7 year old daughter and would like some advise on the look I've developed so far.

She is very much a girly girl and loves princess things, animals such as puppies, butterflies, owls etc. She is also very artsy and her favorite colors are purple, violet and pink. So, I am trying to take some of those fun things she loves and pulling them together in a way that looks nice.

I am not married to any particular ideas that I have on the board and welcome your feedback. I just want her to have a space she will love when she is with her dad. Here are the items you are viewing.

- Fairy wall decal which is meant to be removable as the space is an apartment

- Reading chair for when her dad wants to spend time with her or read her a story

- Princess drape: I am thinking of making these a solid deep purple since right now there isn't much purple in the room and the walls will likely be that stock beige

- Bedding: Open to similar ideas, but used this one as her dad really liked it

- Name Decal: My hope is to have her name made out of metal and to place the decal above her bed

- Shag rug because the room is all this light laminate, so needs something to warm the space and her toes when she steps out of bed

- Nightstand with some storage for her little nick knacks

- The princess looking lamp for lighting and accessory

I am also including below a link to the virtual walk through of the apartment. Hers is the room without the bathroom attached.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=rG3DTHSSLmo

Comments (16)