SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerseychick

Ridge vent and soffits on garage?

Betsey Thompson
6 years ago

Hi, we just had our roof replaced, and it has not been a great experience. During the process, which included replacing the decking, we ended up with four or five holes in our second floor ceilings, which will need to be repaired.

Of greater concern though are the ridge vents and soffits. On the day that work began, I was speaking with the owner of the roofing company and another contractor who was at my house. I mentioned that we are considering possibly converting our garage into a master bedroom suite. At that point, the roofer asked me if we would like to have a ridge vent and soffits on the garage. I asked my husband, and we decided that we would like to, so we told the roofer that.

Now, in reviewing the original proposal, I see that it states that ridge vents will be installed on all roof peaks. I have another proposal from a different company with essentially the same wording. Neither one of the proposal says that they will not provide ridge vents and soffits for the garage. It seems to me that if they weren’t going to provide that on the garage, the proposal would’ve stated that it didn’t include the garage.

Now I’m wondering whether this guy was trying to pull a fast one on me and ask me to pay for something that was already included in the proposal.

Does anyone know whether it is typical to do a ridge vent and soffits on a garage? I don’t want to cheat anyone, but I also don’t wanna pay for something if it was already included.

Thanks!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES