SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovetexags_shop

Ideas on Kitchen Design for First Custom Home

Dawn
6 years ago

Howdy Houzz'ers!

I am working on plans for my first custom built home and would love to hear feedback on my plans. We are a family of three (one 3.5 yr old). We are building on a 4.5 acre lot in Central Texas - fairly flat with no single direction having significant views. The house will sit with the front facing South-ish.

I really want my sink at a window. I also like the open concept. We entertain and the extended family frequently is over for family gatherings. We are a very casual family so I feel like the seating at the island fits our lifestyle. I have seen the distaste for corner pantries on this forum and I understand pros and cons but I'm having a hard time finding another reasonable location for the pantry and still having the window over my sink which continues to be centered on the wall (or does this really matter???? Sometimes I get obsessed in the symmetry of things...). I'm planning on moving the DW to the other side of the sink. And there is a plan to have the window above the sink much larger.

Thank you in advance for your constructive thoughts and suggestions!

Comments (13)