SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlankala

Kitchen design: Need help with blank wall next to window & behind sink

mlankala
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My kitchen is 12.5' by 21.7', with a small corner L-shaped window. My range is on the shorter wall. Sink is on the other wall along with appliances. Picture attached, the only update to the plan is the garage wall is pulled up, like highlighted in the picture, so only one window on the sink wall, instead of two shown.

Additional info: Lighter tile floor with brown veins. White cabinets and white larder. Brown appliance panels, that whole unit is brown with ice box hinges. Island cabinets also white with back-white granite counter top, some version of Calcutta-gold marble counters on perimeter and backsplash.

Now, here is where I need help to make sure I'am headed in the right direction-

1) Space between island and perimeter is 4.4'. Planning to make the range counter 3' deep ( so, I can have cabinets to counter and to make-up for lack of counter space) by taking 4" from the isle and 6" from island. My range wall is 8.5', so planning 5' range hood with two single shelves (together will measure 3.5' ) on either side. Hood pic attached and side shelves pic attached.

2) Now on the sink wall: The cabinet next to sink is to the counter, pic attached. I cannot figure-out what to do on the wall behind sink? Ceilings are 10', pretty big blank wall?? Suggestions Please…

We love the hood and wanted to incorporate it and also love love the cabinet style that we have planned by the sink!

Comments (2)