SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emlouhall

Help! Need advice on 3" LED recessed lighting

emlouhall
6 years ago

Our GC installed 3" White Gimbal recessed kits, they included the GU10 LED bulb, 4.5 W (just repeating the info I've read on the box). They are in our living room and the light is way too bright for us, they will be on a dimmer, but I don't want to have to constantly dim them to get the tone of light I want-something warmer. But the box lists the "light appearance" as med-warm, 3000 K and 300 lumens. I don't really know what ANY of this means, I just know that the light is too white and bright for our living room. What are my options for an alternative, I've been to HD to investigate, and it doesn't seem like there are a bunch of options and looking online is confusing when you don't know what you're looking for exactly. They can change the kit out, I don't love the decorative trim of these lights, but I think they're probably the nicest looking-so can I find something warmer, a different bulb insert? Or do I need to just have them on dim? Or should I be looking at a different kit all together? Here's a pic of the box, thanks!

Comments (6)