SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodyoak

A few more signs of spring creeping ahead....!

I was happy to see a small patch of little bulb irises blooming near the Chinese wisteria this morning - and a very small patch a foot or so away that looks like maybe they've seeded around a bit....?

Some striped squill (?) are now blooming in the front bed. (I think I see some under the pines in the back too but haven't been able to go down and check.)

From the office window I see some green starting to show in the beds under the oak. The orange 'squirrel tulips' (so named because the squirrels must have planted them) are growing quickly now.

Here's the same view from late May last year - the tulips have finished blooming by then:

Crocuses have not been making much of a show here this spring but there are a few small patches in the grass in the ditch, including these Cream Beauty:

There is a freezing rain warning here for tomorrow morning and an ice storm warning for the weekend! I wanted to take a few pictures this morning in case the flowers on the irises etc. don't survive the ice!

I hope all the rest of you tired-of-winter gardeners are seeing more signs of spring too!

Comments (2)