My mom's encouraging me to date online

Peter Simmons

I really don’t understand my mom. She wants me to take part with online dating. Maybe because I’m old already. She said foreign dating events are successful and I should be involved with it since she doesn’t want me to die single. The thing is, I’m not sure of it. She even created a profile for me to a dating site. What should I do? I don’t want to offend her by saying no, all she wants is my happiness. Please help!

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phoggie

I do not know your age, but can certainly understand your mother’s concern. I also had a son who had never married (got burned by unfaithful GF) and wanted no part of trying again. Finally he met a wonderful girl who was filling in a temp position at work and at 43 he married for the first time. I had prayed that he would not be alone for the rest of his life with just his dog...and he is not. I am a thankful mom.

You might give internet dating a try... but be cautious...although I think it is safer for a man than a lady.

Save    
JoAnn_Fla

I hate the dating sites. In 5 yrs I have had no luck, but then again I'm not young. Give it a try, if they ask for money RUN !!!

Save    
PRO
Terrence Howell Home Staging and Art

After 5 yrs hanging out on online dating sites I did find that special someone.

One thing I can say about the online dating, you get to see the person and chat back and forth. But always keep your antennas up for gold diggers, and the baby mama drama women. You know the Maury Povich show types.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Housekeeping Get the Family to Pitch In: A Mom’s Advice on Chores
Foster teamwork and a sense of ownership about housekeeping to lighten your load and even boost togetherness
Full Story
Decorating Guides Design Pros Draw Inspiration From Mom
By Houzz
Architects, interior designers and a DIYer share design tips from Mom, covering art display, universal design and everything in between
Full Story
My Houzz My Houzz: Hip Midcentury Style for a Mom's Backyard Cottage
This 1-bedroom suite has everything a Texas mother and grandmother needs — including the best wake-up system money can't buy
Full Story
With quality custom window treatments and the best window treatment designers in Long Island, we have you and... Read More
Friendly Painting, Inc., is a full service residential & commercial painting and contracting business founded in... Read More