SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittyfam

How to prepare pasta / keeping it hot for 150 people at home?

Else
6 years ago

I'm hosting a graduation open house for my daughter, needing to plan for 150 + people. We had 160 for my oldest. Our daughter was hoping for pasta, and I initially told her it would be too difficult. But now I wonder if I could pull it off? It just sounds so stressful because I can't quite picture what I need to do. I have access to several roasters, crock pots, and can easily purchase aluminum trays on stands with those lit oil "lamps" underneath to keep them hot. I might be able to borrow other equipment as well, if you have other suggestions.

My big question is: How to best reheat a lot of pasta, such as penne? Being that we're hosting at our house with only a regular household stove, I'm thinking I'll need to cook the pasta in advance and then reheating. It would probably be too hard to cook the morning / day of along with everything else going on that day. How do I reheat without burning the pasta, or make it soggy?

I won't need to have all of the food hot right at the start of the party, but I need to be able to keep it coming without a lot of work involved.

I made pasta for 30 people around Christmas time, and I cooked in advance and reheated right before the party in a roaster with some water in it. The problem was that the pasta wanted to burn on the sides of the roaster and had to be stirred a lot. Maybe there's a better way?

What's the best option for providing pasta, anyway, keeping cost and work low? Should I do marinara with meatballs, or make a macaroni and cheese bar? The plan originally was buns with choices of turkey or ham, + cheese/ lettuce etc., and sloppy joes. I could go back to that plan. Any thoughts on all of this? Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions