SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22590553

Ceiling true white or off-white? Prime?

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have a bunch of painting to do. I'm 99% sure I'll use BM Feather Down for the walls. Would you want the ceiling to read as a true white or off-white?

Here's BM Feather Down on the walls. Her trim is BM Simply White (off-white)

Jackson2348

My trim is all stark blue white. I'd like to change it to an off-white but that's being put on my someday I'll get to it list. The hard finishes in my house are all earthy so I should probably stay with off-white and creams for 'white's. (categorizing whites as blue white, true white, off-white, and cream). FWIW, there is no crown moulding where the new paint color will be.

Most of my ceilings are currently BM Navajo White and there won't be enough contrast between that and the Feather Down. Side note - I do have two bedrooms painted BM Manchester Tan (the darker version of Feather Down) and the ceilings are builder whatever they used white. It's not stark. Didn't pull out a ladder and chips but I'm guessing an off-white.

One of the rooms that's being repainted is currently SW Dromedary Camel. This isn't my bedroom but here's the color. Would you prime before using Feather Down? I'll be using good paint and applying two coats.

Thanks!

Comments (9)