SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blazedog37

Kitchen Cabinet Stain and Wood Floor Stain

Helen
6 years ago

I am having my cabinets made in quarter sawn white oak.

I have an open plan so wood flooring will be in the kitchen as well as all living areas (and bedroom).

I would love some input on stain color for the cabinetry and flooring.

I am leaning towards a simple 2" white oak floor - very light - perhaps not even stained but just slightly darkened from the finish.

I thought I wanted a medium stain for the cabinets to provide contrast but now unsure whether my choices might be too red or too golden.

I thought I wanted the stain in the first two pictures but now I am thinking they might read very "red".

Or does the last picture read too golden?

Any opinions welcome. The doors are going to somewhat resemble the first and second pictures in terms of being somewhat inspired by the Prairie motifs of Frank Lloyd Wright.

The first picture is Sapele wood - if that changes anything :-)

Is this too red? I thought this was the medium warm "honey/caramel" I wanted but now I am second guessing myself.

this is I believe quarter sawn oak - it seems to read darker and red than the first picture and I prefer the first.

This is quarter sawn oak with what I think is too golden a finish.

If it changes the equation, these are my tile choices - an ombre tealish green with some copper accents to pick up the copper sink.

This is my floor plan - wood will be everywhere except bathrooms :-)

Comments (10)