SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Looking for used car (Fit or ....?)

Debbie Downer
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Thinking about buying a car for the first time in almost 20 yrs - either a Honda Fit or Chevy Sonic would meet my needs I think. Hauling stuff is important to me.... but SUV or truck would be overkill.

Anything else similar that I should consider?

How do people buy cars nowadays? My coworker just sold her Accord sedan and said the first woman to see it
just plunked down $5K cash - didnt take it to mechanic or anything, or do anything besides look at the records and ask about the timing belt. Yikes - who carries around thousands of dollars in cash?

It does seem like the Hondas and Toyotas go fast so maybe thats what I have to do. If I did that would I be justified in offering less to take into account the risk factor? Not that I would go ridiculously low - Im thinking I would research value online and then offer at the low end of that range.

I may be going to look at a Fit this week. If the records are complete and thorough and car runs and sounds good, should I just make the cash offer? Any specific questions I should ask or things I should look for?

Comments (12)

Sponsored