SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gina89

Large & awkward master bedroom needs TLC, new furniture and lay-out

gina89
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We have been struggling with making our master bedroom feel cozy, warm and inviting, obviously... Mainly due to the size, space and furniture. This bedroom set was bought by my husband and the rest of our house/my top design pick is Danish/modern contemporary/bohemian. I like sleek over bulky and minimalist(ish) over too much stuff. So we will be purchasing new furniture. Plus I love having plants around.

These are our dilemmas

- Where do we put the new bed? Can it go in front of the bay window if it has a low headboard? And what do we do with all the space in front of the mirrored closet? (that's also where you enter the room)

- Should we leave the new bed where it is and what should we do around the bay window area?

- I'm open to any suggestions on what to do with all the space! I don't necessarily want a couch in the room.

The layout of the room in the picture:

- The door between the dresser and tv unit goes into the walk-in-closet. (entrance is on the right of the tv unit)

- The door to the right of the mirror goes into the master bathroom. The sliding mirror doors will also be replaced.

- We will be replacing light fixtures.

Thanks!!

Comments (9)