SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillali

Flooring help for screened in porch

jillali
6 years ago

We are literally in the middle of building our porch. I keep changing my mind on the color of the floors and ceiling! It is a slab concrete because grade was too low to do a deck. We cannot afford tile and my husband is opposed to stained concrete. So vinyl plank flooring it is. We live in the mid-atlantic so have all 4 seasons. Its a pretty shady area but we do get some sun.

The photo is the existing wood floors in the family room and the gray stone being used for the patio. We have white french doors going from the family room into the screened in porch.

What color floors should we get in the porch? We will have beams to stain on the ceiling. Should they be stained the same color as the floor? I like a more rustic / farmhouse type of look but nothing too out there. We have kids so something that will hide dirt well. I also want to see a bevealed edge and the individual planks. Does anyone think cork backed is the way to go or not worth it in the space? Please be specific. Thank you! I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Comments (16)