Fox News host mocks Parkland survivor for college rejections Stay clas

chijim

Fox News host mocks Parkland survivor for college rejections

Stay classy.

Aaron Rupar Mar 28, 2018, 1:52 pm

Facebook
Twitter
Email

On Wednesday, Laura Ingraham, host of the primetime Fox News show Ingraham Angle, mocked 17-year-old Parkland school shooting survivor David Hogg for getting rejected by four colleges.

“David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines
about it,” Ingraham tweeted. “(Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA…totally
predictable given acceptance rates.)”

Ingraham’s tweet links to a Daily Wire aggregation of an interview Hogg did with TMZ in which he discussed getting rejected from four University of California schools.

“It’s not been too great for me and some of the other members of the
movement, like Ryan Deitsch,” Hogg said, alluding to how his application
process is going after 17 of his classmates were killed in the shooting
on February 14. “It’s been kind of annoying having to deal with that
and everything else that’s been going on but at this point, you know,
we’re changing the world. We’re too busy. Right now it’s hard to focus
on that.”

In the six weeks since the shooting, Hogg has emerged as a leading
student voice for gun control. As ThinkProgress has detailed, his
efforts have sparked a smear campaign against him that started on the
fringes of the internet but has become more mainstream, with right-wing
voices going as far as to portray him as an aspiring fascist who sends
secret messages to followers.

Desperate right-wing smear campaign tries to compare Parkland survivor to Nazis

Ingraham’s tweet isn’t the first time Fox News has smeared Parkland survivors. Last month, The Five host Greg Gutfeld amplified a conspiracy theory about Hogg and his fellow students being puppets of larger, nefarious forces that originated with Gateway Pundit.

It also isn’t the first time Ingraham has attacked Hogg personally.
The day before Hogg spoke at the March For Our Lives, Ingraham mocked
him for using profanity in a video interview in which he called
politicians who refuse to consider gun control “sick fuckers.”

And on March 15, Ingraham posted a condescending tweet about Hogg’s grammar and suggested his “15 Minutes” of fame had expired.

SaveComment474Like
Comments (474)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CindyMac(8b)

If he's smart he'll take a gap year. He has bigger fish to fry right now.

Meghan McCain made a comment too about his use of the f word. Funny how they forget how many times their president has said it.

6 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Why was it necessary for her to do that? It is so petty and small minded.

5 Likes Save    
lily316

She's a petty and small minded person. Does that answer your question? Ironic how the Trumpeters don't care that Spanky uses the F-word constantly.

9 Likes Save    
chijim

CindyMac(8b)

If he's smart he'll take a gap year. He has bigger fish to fry right now.

Meghan McCain made a comment too about his use of the f word. Funny how they forget how many times their president has said it.

Ironic too, John McCain is well known to have a foul mouth and temper.

3 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

He's a child, and she's attacking him.

Laura Ingraham is beneath contempt.

Maybe Trump will appoint her to be Secretary of State.

8 Likes Save    
chase_gw

How anyone can admire or excuse this type of behaviour is beyond me. Just like Trump's behaviour. As far as I'm concerned it speaks to their values.

They show us every day who they are, why would we not believe them?

4 Likes Save    
Lindsey_CA

For anyone who reads Twitter, yesterday I saw a compilation of Meghan McCain's tweets that were full of the F bomb. She's no saint herself, so she doesn't really have a lot of room to criticize anyone else for saying it.

2 Likes Save    
ohiomom

This is the 'right' thing to do these days.

2 Likes Save    
chijim

momj47(7A)

He's a child, and she's attacking him.

Laura Ingraham is beneath contempt.

Maybe Trump will appoint her to be Secretary of State.

No shame from her and others at Fox News attacking a victim(s) either

Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

I think there is a special place in........for people that attack down. It says a lot about a person. I understand that it is her job to do what she does but I have had jobs that I walked out because I will not do anything for the money.

I remember there was a report from Democrat list of donations a couple yrs ago that listed the number and amount the Fox News commentators had given. It is their jobs, they have an audience that enjoy the hate will believe the lie, they get rich with money and their audience get their payment of hate.

3 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

She supports a buffoon who can't spell dying or counsel. Our first African American President in 2008 and our first Functional Illiterate in 2016.

7 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Speaking of our first African-American president ... this is an incredible testament to his compassion. Makes you wonder how we slipped so far so fast. God help us all.

13 Likes Save    
ohiomom

"the president sang Amazing Grace"

Thank you CindyMac

6 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

And apparently, you won't see any conservatives calling her out on it. :(

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Thanks, CindyMac.

2 Likes Save    
Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real

Wow, just, wow. They are either very afraid of what the future holds or they are reflexively crass.

Save    
catspa_zone9sunset14

They are either very afraid of what the future holds or they are reflexively crass.

I vote for both -- and Ingraham gets extra points for petty nastiness. Just heard on the radio that Hogg did get accepted by CalPoly, which is a good school (and rejected me, 45 years ago! I got accepted, instead, by UC Berkeley, and went there, so, hey, no hard feelings.) All the UCs are very impacted these days, applications-wise.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

I remember when the left accused Laura Ingraham of giving a Nazi salute. Now David Hogg has been accused of the same. Payback is always a witch isn't it?

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Oh, mrskjun, we expect better than this from you, of all people

Did David Hogg Give a Nazi Salute?

The historic groundswell of support for survivors of the 14 February 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, that killed seventeen people has not come without seemingly endless attempts to minimize or smear the message of those who are advocating for gun control.

For example, when high school student David Hogg finished his speech at the “March for Our Lives” demonstration, a student-led protest aimed at preventing school shootings, he raised his clenched fist into the air as a classic symbol of defiance, solidarity, and strength — and some predictable attempts to liken his gesture to a Nazi salute.

Numerous memes and doctored images were created labeling Hogg a Nazi, and further claiming that the teenaged mass shooting survivor gave a Hitler salute at the end of his speech. For example, the following image comparison topped an article on discredited conspiracy theory blog Infowars.com, which called Hogg (and the other students who participated in the march) “Hitler Youths

Several others on social media also compared Hogg to Hitler and said that his closing gesture resembled a Nazi salute

Despite the increasingly hysterical tone of would-be smear campaigners, Hogg did not actually give a Nazi salute at the end of his “March for Our Lives” speech. Videos are readily available on the Internet with a minimum of searching which show, extremely clearly, that Hogg stepped back from the podium at the end of his remarks and then raised a single closed fist into the air.

It’s unclear how this gesture could be confused with the infamous Nazi salute, which involved an open hand with the palm down, not a closed fist:

The Nazi or Hitler salute debuted in Nazi Germany in the 1930s as a way to pay homage to Adolf Hitler. It consists of raising an outstretched right arm with the palm down. In Nazi Germany, it was often accompanied by chanting or shouting “Heil Hitler” or “Sieg Heil.” Since World War II, neo-Nazis and other white supremacists have continued to use the salute, making it the most common white supremacist hand sign in the world.

A raised fist does have its own political meanings, none of are associated with Nazis. The symbol has been used by numerous oppressed groups over the years as a sign of solidarity, resistance, and strength:

The early origins of the raised fist hint at how it would be used many centuries later. According to Assyrian Origins, a book on Assyrian art edited by former Met Museum curator Prudence O. Harper, artworks depicting the clenched fist date back to ancient times and were associated with procreation, prayer, and “the manifestation of sheer physical strength.” The raised fist became a go-to symbol for solidarity and strength for labor unions, American leftists, civil rights activists, white supremacists, and the Black Panther Party. In 1971, Ms. co-founders Gloria Steinem and Dorothy Pitman Hughes posed for an iconic photograph in Esquire magazine, raising their fists in interracial solidarity. But arguably its most famous use in the recent American history is by Olympians John Carlos and Tommie Smith during their awards ceremony at the 1968 games in Mexico City. Carlos and Smith’s “black power salute” got them suspended from the U.S. team and turned them into galvanizing figures.

4 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Laura Ingraham

Whatever she intended with her "salute" to Mr. Trump, it was quite inappropriate to use a hand gesture that looks like a salute to Adolf Hitler

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Trump inspires the worst in people.

4 Likes Save    
azmom

Good for Hogg.

Cal Poly ranks No. 1 on Best Colleges list for 25th straight year

"For the 25th straight year, Cal Poly has been ranked as the No. 1 master’s-level public university in the West, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Colleges list.

Cal Poly was selected as the top-ranked public regional university in a region that includes of 141 schools in the western half of the United States. The university ranked 11th among all regional universities in the West."

Source: Cal Poly ranks No. 1 on Best Colleges list for 25th straight year

California Polytechnic State University is 20th among the World's best engineering school

Source: The World's Best Engineering Schools

Amazing, now starting a 'bitching' contest between a 54 years old scramble-brain Nazi- want-to-be with an outstanding 17 years old high school kid. You wonder why they are being called Deporables.

6 Likes Save    
arthurpym

A closed fist is a show of solidarity, not even close to a Nazi salute. Trump supporters flat out gave Nazi salutes at his rallies and yelled 'Zeig Trump!'.

Stop embarrassing yourself and just let this one go.

And yes, Laura is that kind of classy we associate with trailer trash.

9 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

Big diff. Big phonies. Mrs, you're in the Nazi party. Accept it because you know it's true.

Save    
leona_2008

Yes, MY President sang Amazing Grace. Thanks, CindyMac.

How far we have fallen. But we will overcome this very shameful period. I imagine similar to how Germans feel about the Hitler era, our descendants will feel about the trump era. Of course, many, many of us already do.

David Hogg survived a horrendous school shooting. I imagine I might fly a few f-bombs at politicians too if I went through that. I guess if you're void of empathy, you don't stop to think what those kids went through, what every public school student in the US fears everyday now.

11 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

mrskjun(9)

I remember when the left accused Laura Ingraham of giving a Nazi salute.
Now David Hogg has been accused of the same. Payback is always a witch
isn't it?

=======================================

Being a mother if you do not get that this is a child that is suffering watching his classmates being shot down then there is no help for deplorable.

Since you have kids remember that when pay back is a witch. Karma always knocks on the door when you invite it to your house. Your son get arrested and your neighbors start calling him a criminal and laughing at you Karma. They do not come and offer help.....Karma. You see how that goes.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Mrs, your defense of Ingram at the expense of this young man is disappointing

3 Likes Save    
Pidge

More than disappointing--it makes my stomach turn.

11 Likes Save    
leona_2008

I think someone upthread mentioned that this is a grown woman mocking a child. Let that sink in. Forget what he's been through for a moment. A grown woman mocking a child. If this is the first time that fact has occurred to you, it would seem the rabidity of trump has fully purchased your soul.

11 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Stay classy.

So, did you all miss this at the top of the thread or is this a case of reading comprehension;)

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Love this kid!

10 Likes Save    
Kathy

David sent out a list of Townhalls on Twitter

https://townhallproject.com/

Save    
purrmich _6

So, Laura's minions eat fast food and spend a lot of time flat on their back.

Not a bit surprising. Garbage in, garbage out. We see it right here.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Good to know! Thanks, CindyMac

Save    
elvis

margievank

Stay classy.

So, did you all miss this at the top of the thread or is this a case of reading comprehension;)

That's going to be a big WHOOSH, Margie!

And yes, Laura is that kind of classy we associate with trailer trash.

"Trailer trash". As Art would say: "Wow, just wow." Oh, wait! That was Art's line above, too! ^^^

Looking down on people who live in trailer housing...that's the kind of talk we expect to hear from people who so generously want to continue to enable the bosses to exploit the produce pickers, so that Sir & Lady Bountiful can buy cheap produce! Hypocrites!

How telling, how interesting! You have shown your true colors!

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

David is trying to remain bi-partisan but Ingraham and others may hurt the Reps if they keep it up.

Save    
wildchild2x2

If the child wants to pretend to be an adult he can expect to be treated as one. Or maybe he should just shut his ignorant, foul pie hole and be sent to his room. Pick one.

Save    
momj47(7A)

Ingraham and others may hurt the Reps if they keep it up.

Don't count on the cult voters caring

Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

I have to confess, I looked up the email add'y of the Pres. of Harvard right after I heard Emma speak on Feb 17. Hey, you never know.

I guess I need to send a few more emails, LOL.

Here's my redacted email:

3 Likes Save    
kaych

And for some reason David Hogg refuses to debate Kyle Kasuv; MSD survivor to MSD survivor.

3 Likes Save    
purrmich _6

Why should he? Because it would satisfy some purient interest?

You havent been thru what he has. Debate??!! It takes the smallest modicum of sympathy to let this person "be". To not try to control, interpret, misinterpret, and damn him. For being who he is. Now.

He has nothing to say - I would assume - to Kasuv. They may both be victims but otherwise they're day and night.

4 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

All of the highly competitive universities freely admit that they decline to admit many, many students who are more than qualified, and it can be arbitrary. Someone at these schools totally missed the boat on Hogg.

The most elite private high schools in the country use a standard admission test that looks a lot like the SAT's. The schools admission directors got together a few years ago to try to develop a more predictive tool for admissions to layer on top of the existing test. Their conclusions? "Grit" was the most important factor for academic success in rigorous schools.

Gee, do ya' think these Parkland kids have shown "grit"!?

9 Likes Save    
Kathy

David will do just fine. Not getting into school this semester will be productive and he will persevere. I have no doubt about that.

4 Likes Save    
azmom

"And yes, Laura is that kind of classy we associate with trailer trash."

"Looking down on people who live in trailer housing..."

LOL! Any one who has some amount of reading comprehension would know "trailer trash" in arthurpym's statement indicates the type of person instead of where the person lives. Trumpesters have a history of failing to differentiate the two; they surely voted trailer trashes into the White House.

7 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Ingrahamramous and "conservatives" are now the speech police? Too funny

3 Likes Save    
Gordon

shes an idiot!

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Musta been FLOTUS's successful anti-bullying campaign.

6 Likes Save    
chase_gw

In the spirit of Holy Week......did she really say that ?

Save    
lily316

Oh, gee Laura...does any of your pious religious reflections this holy week reflect the sponsors who are leaving your show? Hypocrite.

3 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

Laura's apology probably had more to do with saving her butt than Holy Week but at least she apologized.

Congratulations, David Hogg. Keep up the good work.

3 Likes Save    
chijim

kaych

And for some reason David Hogg refuses to debate Kyle Kasuv; MSD survivor to MSD survivor.

What's to debate - the system currently in place allowed 17 of Hogg and Kasuv's fellow classmates and teachers to be murdered by a 19yr old who was able to legally purchase a semi-automatic rifle.

Kasuv doesn't have an issue with that? You don't?

2 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Now she has regrets. Funny how bullies back down only when they find out their target has teeth.

13 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

And is much smarter....

1 Like Save    
blfenton

Not really an apology.

Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

Apology not accepted. People who are holy don't do what she did to begin with. She sat and composed and sent that. She didn't blurt it out.

8 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Does this mean if it weren't holy week she'd not have apologized?

4 Likes Save    
cattyles

I think she’s glad it’s Holy Week so she has an excuse for backing down. I hope her advertisers realize they still don’t want to be associated with her.

5 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Soulless harpy sorry she is losing money. Aww.

Who could have predicted that advertisers would not want to be associated with people who attack survivors of a massacre? Go figure.

She is a moron.

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

I sent a Thank you to Wayfair, Trip advisor, Rachael Ray and Nutrish for cancelling their ads on Ingraham show.

11 Likes Save    
jillinnj

If the child wants to pretend to be an adult he can expect to be treated as one. Or maybe he should just shut his ignorant, foul pie hole and be sent to his room. Pick one.

Wow!

So, in your opinion, it's ok to tweet something humiliating about someone because you don't agree with them on a topic like gun control.

Well, thanks for showing us your true self.

11 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

David Hogg is an angry young man who got his comeuppance from four different schools...that we know of.

His failure to gain admission to the California schools he applied to tells me that while he sounds like a know it all, in a real life situation he was unable to deliver sufficiently brilliant responses to any of the schools he chose. That’s not to say he was treated fairly. He may well have had a higher GPA and higher SAT scores than some of the students who were admitted, while he was passed over.

Like Hillary, he appears to be bright, but he also appears to have a sense of entitlement that well exceeds the skills he has demonstrated so far. I would like to learn more about his history. Does he have friends? Has he had any run ins with authority, either at school, work, or in other settings? He appeared on the scene with little introduction other than we know he is a student in a badly managed, politically correct school system.

2 Likes Save    
Gordon

If you say it nicely can you get away with much ?

16 Likes Save    
chijim

If the child wants to pretend to be an adult he can expect to be
treated as one. Or maybe he should just shut his ignorant, foul pie hole
and be sent to his room. Pick one.

I hope nobody in you family ever becomes a victim with that kind of empathy

2 Likes Save    
ohiomom

Now she has regrets. Funny how bullies back down only when they find out their target has teeth.

Oh my gyr-falcon ... I used to tell my children that bullies only pick on the kid that cries and runs away but if you stand up to them they find someone else to pick on. I mean lets face it not like Ingraham is gonna stop her behavior, she is who she is.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Hogg ain't intimidated by Fox News, and it scares them to death.

Sorry Fox. They are going to outlive you.

8 Likes Save    
chijim

adoptedbyhounds

David Hogg is an angry young man who got his comeuppance from four different schools...that we know of.

Why the nerve of him being angry after 17 of his classmates and teachers were slaughtered while he was in school

19 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Oh ..... my ............ gawd.

So ..... what?

David Hogg has no obligation to debate anyone, anytime, ever

And he doesn't need a reason.

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Sheesh, the nerve!

Add Expedia to the list of dropped advertising.

7 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

Because I am not a Fox viewer I just realized this morning that this was not on her show but a TWEET. The very place so many Repubs scream about online bullying is so bad. It is the only thing the First Lady think she should speak out on now. Every TV should click off her show and calls to her advertisers be sent in great numbers.

THIS WAS A BULLYING TWEET. From a grown woman about a Teen. How can this be okay?

15 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

"got his comeuppance"

BAER

How absurd. You are obviously totally out of the loop on the current state of college admissions.

Not to mention, I am sure that no school in the country would characterize their decision not to extend acceptance to a student a "comeuppance".

14 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Palmer Report:

Donald Trump’s base is losing its mojo

You can’t help your own movement by attacking innocent kids, right? Yet with no other way of fighting back, Donald Trump’s base has spent the past week reminding everyone of its grotesque nature as it’s launched one misleading and cruel attack on the Stoneman Douglas kids after another. Iowa Congressman Steve King, who has been a xenophobic racist politician since far before Trump came along, attacked Emma Gonzalez over her Cuban heritage. Talk show jerk Laura Ingraham attacked David Hogg for not having gotten into his first choice of college.

This kind of viciously pointless rhetoric plays well within Donald Trump’s base, because they really are that nihilistic. Ingraham might see her radio show’s ratings go up thanks to these kinds of stunts. But if you were to write a manual on how the far-right extremists can lose their quasi-mainstream supporters, attacking innocent kids would probably be on one page one. This is the kind of thing that prompts the least deranged Trump supporters to get squeamish. It gives them an easy off ramp.

3 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

Marquest, it is not. Any adult (heck most kids) has to be disdainful of such nonsense. And this kind of behavior is what will kill off the GOP for all but the most rabid, racist and misdirected.

There was a time when the GOP was about a platform and policies, as it should be. Sure there were fracases with the Dems.. but now the GOP has become the party of such disgusting, slimy behavior, that the GOP's policies (some of which were good, some were bad, some were arguable) are entirely overshadowed by the mountain of fece$ in which Republicans have mired themselves.

7 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

I guess since this kid is NOT worthy of being bullied he is one they would have rather seen aborted. They honor life so much they enjoy seeing him getting ......."his comeuppance"

I have noticed it is the timing. In the womb worthy. Out of the womb.... ALL BETS ARE OFF.

3 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Nothing is holy to Laura Ingraham except Laura Ingraham

Her "apology" reeks of desperation and fear

Notice how it's all about Laura

2 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

I smell desperation

6 Likes Save    
blfenton

If the child wants to pretend to be an adult he can expect to be
treated as one. Or maybe he should just shut his ignorant, foul pie hole
and be sent to his room. Pick one.

This is not how adults treat one another, well.....except that this is how trump treats other adults.

watchmelol - If this is how the adults in your world treat one another, I'm sorry.

13 Likes Save    

If you justify the ridiculous attacks against Hogg on the basis that this is normal behavior in public life, then you are condemning yourself to a nasty and fruitless public square where only thugs dare show themselves. There can be no forward progress with this kind of thinking.

For decades the quality of our elected officials has declined because most sane people would not want to have to deal with the pressures of media attention and constant fundraising. If we are now asked to cede public debate to the descendants of Rush Limbaugh, then how do we ever arrive at understanding and consensus?

12 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

watchmelol - If this is how the adults in your world treat one another, I'm sorry.

You clearly need a better class of adults, watchmelol

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

You clearly need a better class of adults, watchmelol

Seriously momj47?? who do you think you are?

2 Likes Save    
bry911

I respect this opinion...

Watchmelol, go to your room immediately!

15 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

If you justify the ridiculous attacks against Hogg on the basis that this is normal behavior in public life, then you are condemning yourself to a nasty and fruitless public square where only thugs dare show themselves.

Quick, Houzz, you need to add a "Love" button!!

3 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Did you read his comment, Margo?

Anyone who isn't offended by such a disgusting attack on David Hogg needs a better class of friends, too.

9 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Why do you believe they are deserving of a better class of friends?

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Oh, I don't believe they deserve a better class of friends.

I think they should, nonetheless, seek them out.

Although they could end up like their Mr. Trump, who can't find a lawyer, or anyone to take jobs in his administration.

They won't be able to find any

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Seven advertisers out.

8 Likes Save    
leona_2008

I hope all the advertisers pull out.

4 Likes Save    
chase_gw

When will FOX learn.....some things are just too far over the top

3 Likes Save    
Scott

David Hogg and the others are consumed by the righteous anger of the prophets. That anger is an anger against injustice, against murder ... against the Ten Commandments and the Torah which emphasis is human life and the right to live safely and see your children grow up, those Ten Commandments so many fundies like to claim younger generations ignore They only see them as dead monuments or as an instrument of oppression, a heart of stone rather than the heart of flesh given to use by the living G*d. They are repairing the world, tikkun olam. Tomorrow night Passover begins, a message of liberation, that humanity does not live by the whim and greed of other men like Pharaoh, the vulgar boor, Putin, and the NRA, but by just laws. Those youth are saying like the prophet Nahum said of Nineveh, Woe to the bloody city. They saw their fellow students die, they were not "passed over." It is up to us now to save each other from the endless cycle of bloodshed and scapegoating. The blood of those 17 victims cries out from the ground like the blood of Abel and the blood of Zechariah slain at the altar.

4 Likes Save    
azmom

"adoptedbyhounds

His failure to gain admission to the California schools he applied to tells me that while he sounds like a know it all, in a real life situation he was unable to deliver sufficiently brilliant responses to any of the schools he chose. "

Way before your post, there are several posts discussing Dave Hoggs is being accepted into the outstanding Cal Poly.

Why did you completely miss them? Very scary......

4 Likes Save    
SandyC.

My kids school :) Highly competitive state school.

1 Like Save    
SandyC.

I get that nauseating woman confused with the white nationalist and racist, anti Muslim, bigot and propagandist, Coulter. Two birds of a feather.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

ABH:Does he have friends? Has he had any run ins with authority, either at school, work, or in other settings? He appeared on the scene with little introduction other than we know he is a student in a badly managed, politically correct school system.

...... Anything learned? What is a "politically correct school system"? Is it a bad thing or good?

1 Like Save    
kaych

I guess Hogg thinks "love thy neighbor" only applies to others , & forget about extending forgiveness. I agree with Ben Shapiro's reply to that;

"I look forward to Hogg's apologies to Republicans ('sick f***ers'), Dana Loesch (she was 'hypocritical and disgusting' for criticizing Broward Sheriff Scott Israel), and Marco Rubio (he said Rubio was bribed by the NRA to give away children's lives)," he wrote. "You may not like what Ingraham said. You may disagree with it. I did. But it isn't remotely CLOSE to the level of viciousness with which Hogg has attacked people who disagree with him."

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Eight advertisers gone.

Nate Silver‏ @NateSilver538

The thing about the Parkland students isn't that they're always spot-on—they've had better and worse moments as communicators. But they're at least as effective at politics as most professional pundits who have done it for years. Naturally, that's very threatening to the pundits.

4 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

As an aside, what a crazy world we live in. This happened yesterday.

I heard about it last night.

This morning I sent emails to 4 advertisers with whom I have a customer relationship.

22 hours from when I first heard of this, 8 advertisers are gone.

How quickly these advertisers get the word, and how quickly they decide!

ETA _..Who would have thought that those of us "disenfranchised" by a horrific, corrupt, illegitimate, govt would find our power "restored" by corporate America! There is no gerrymandering or electoral college or voter suppression krap in corporate America. Those corporations know who their customers are. And they know where there dollars come from .... Both because democrats simply outnumber repubs, and because the blue states are wealtheir and younger, Democrats are more important than R to the average corporation.

7 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

This case was pretty clear cut.
Wayfair said: “The decision of an adult to personally criticize a high school student who has lost his classmates in an unspeakable tragedy is not consistent with our values.”

10 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

What a disgusting offensive, reprehensible comment kaych.

You are starting to make Ingraham look downright sympathetic

2 Likes Save    

Scott said:

David Hogg and the others are consumed by the righteous anger of the prophets.

It's good to be reminded that there is a difference between righteousness and self-righteousness- there is far too much of the former and not enough of the latter.

And about Mtn's point. I think this is part of the reason the Fox folks are coming unhinged with these Parkland children. The handwriting is on the wall. The demographics do not favor Fox's current business model. Add the dollars and cents issue to Lena's quotation from Nate Silver and there are some people with a poor outlook.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

How large of a staff does David Hogg have working for him? What about Ingraham?

1 Like Save    
Scott

Hogg is a living victim of our failure to love our neighbors. And we did not do so in the worst possible way. We chose the death of children over life. By complaining about his supposed attacks you are attacking yourself.

2 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

The other thing lost in this is that the only reason we even know about David Hogg's rejections is because he disclosed them. He was asked about how life was going and to include this info is rather appealing and open and humble.

Traits no one on Fox can identify with.

11 Likes Save    
elvis

ziemia(6a)

How large of a staff does David Hogg have working for him?

Define "staff". As a practical matter, the Hogg has plenty: right here, as a matter of fact!

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

I would like to learn more about his history. Does he have friends? Has he had any run ins with authority, either at school, work, or in other settings? He appeared on the scene with little introduction other than we know he is a student in a badly managed, politically correct school system.

Oh, wow. I missed this. I guess your first sentence shocked me so that I didn't read the rest of your post. So, as bad as the beginning was, it got even worse.

In case you forgot, he appeared on the scene because 17 of his friends were slaughtered. Due in large part to the Republican party's refusal to do anything other than offer "thoughts and prayers" after each slaughter. The party you claim to not be a member of yet vote for. Repeatedly.

I feel quite certain he would prefer to still have his friends alive, to not have witnessed their slaughter, than to have appeared on the scene.

In case you haven't noticed, that badly managed, politically correct school has produced some of the most articulate high school kids I've seen.

Have you no shame? How about a heart? Any empathy? At all?

11 Likes Save    
jillinnj

As a practical matter, the Hogg has plenty

What? "the Hogg"

What is wrong with you people?

9 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Notice the ad hominem attacks.

2 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

wow, someone on MSNBC just said if he had to bet, he would bet Ingraham does not have a show next week

6 Likes Save    
Scott

The school system is the victim of a BADLY MANAGED government that bows to the NRA. The all caps is intentional. Elvis: go out and buy a car.

3 Likes Save    
SandyC.

At least he is going to college, unlike Hannity a high school grad, bully and loud mouth.

5 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

His sister responded to the cyberbully.......... and Sent a tweet to Melania Trump.

=============================================

Lauren Hogg defended her brother:

How low are your ratings @IngrahamAngle
that you have to start attacking my brother’s grades to get attention?
If you ask me, he is more articulate than you and has far better
character. Man, that’s real low even for you. Coming from a 14 year old,
please grow up. #NeverAgain

-------------

Lauren Hogg also called on first lady Melania Trump, who has vowed to fight cyberbullying, to speak out.

HEY @FLOTUS MY BROTHER IS LITERALLY GETTING CYBERBULLIED BY @IngrahamAngle.
ANY COMMENTS?

6 Likes Save    
lily316

Corporations are listening and Democrats DO outnumber republicans. These kids have no fear.They aren't cowards like the sniveling republicans who put up with the antics of a mentally disturbed and criminal president. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are two scared rabbits about now. With the new rules in Gerrymandering , they won't know what hit them in Nov. I am so thankful for these kids and their fearlessness. Speaking last Saturday unwavering in front of millions was daunting. They are heroes and any Right winger who disparages them is a real deplorable and that includes everyone at FOX except Shep Smith, but especially Tucker, Hannity and the sniveling Ingraham. I hope she's fired.

11 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I didn't realize hannity is a drop out from 2 colleges.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

From @SarahLerner on fb:

"Still wrapping my head around the fact that adults are attacking teenagers who survived a mass shooting for wanting to meaningfully decrease gun violence."

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

^^

And they will be in church this Sunday.

Good news though. The Pope says there is no hell.

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

fyi..Hannity dropped out of college to pursue a broadcasting career...how did that work out?

3 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Hannity is obviously an excellent salesman/shyster and he has been much rewarded for his skills.

So mrskjun, how do you feel about what Laura said?

3 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

I would like to learn more about his history. Does he have friends? Has he had any run ins with authority, either at school, work, or in other settings? He appeared on the scene with little introduction other than we know he is a student in a badly managed, politically correct school system.

OMG, nik, not you too?

Then tell us about your history.

Do you have friends?

Have you had any run-ins with authority, either school, work or in other settings? Any speeding tickets? Accidents?

You appeared on the scene with little introduction, and after a pause, came back with a new identify, what's up with that?

Were you a student in a badly managed, politically correct school system?

How about your jobs? Tell us about those

Do you receive any government benefits?

Are you registered to vote?

Do you vote?

Do you eat healthy food?

Are you always faithful to your husband?

Yet you voted for Donald Trump, and we all know A LOT about his history

Just more RW hypocrisy

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

" we know he is a student in a badly managed, politically correct school system"

If a "badly managed , politically correct school system" is producing students as articulate , passionate and focused as these kids then it might be good idea to model them.

6 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Wow mrskjun, defensive aren't we? I just stated a fact about hannity and you jump at it like it's an attack. It's simply a fact. Something I'm sure hannity already knows.

1 Like Save    
ann_t

"fyi..Hannity dropped out of college to pursue a broadcasting career...how did that work out?"

Mrsk you do realize that today is Good Friday? Maybe a good day to practice being that good Christian to told us you strive to be.

6 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

So mrskjun, how do you feel about what Laura said?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearly she agrees with her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mrskjun(9)

I remember when the left accused Laura Ingraham of giving a Nazi salute. Now David Hogg has been accused of the same. Payback is always a witch isn't it?

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

sunflower, he asked for an apology, got it, and then calls for a boycott of her sponsors. Typical liberal response. He'll be head of the DNC one day. He emulates Tom Perez now.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

And the sponsors know where the future and the money is.

4 Likes Save    
elvis

Mrsk you do realize that today is Good Friday? Maybe a good day to practice being that good Christian to told us you strive to be.

Annt, bless your heart! It's always a good day to do that!

2 Likes Save    
bry911

he asked for an apology, got it, and then calls for a boycott of her sponsors.

Well apparently the "kid" is teaching the "adult" a very valuable lesson. Actions, and even words, have consequences and sometimes sorry just isn't good enough. There are lines you don't cross, and once you have, being sorry that you crossed those lines doesn't erase the fact that you did so.

Apologizing for reprehensible behavior is owed to the person you targeted, but it doesn't erase the reprehensible behavior. If that were the case we could all walk around doing whatever we want and so long as we apologize then we are in the clear... "Sorry that I robbed you Mr. Bank, but since I apologized can I make a deposit?"

Sorry but you can't cram genie back in the bottle...

---------------

Typical liberal response.

OK, but how I wish your response wasn't the typical Conservative response. The party of personal responsibility, is fast becoming the party of personal responsibility so long as the subject is poor, black or a heathen, but good Christian white girls should be excused.

ETA: Personal responsibility, which I do think is important, isn't about saying your sorry and it isn't even about being sorry, it is about taking ownership of the choices you make, and when you make a bad decision you take all of your lumps, not just the lumps before you apologize, and then you learn from them to make a constructive change.

9 Likes Save    
ann_t

"Mrsk you do realize that today is Good Friday? Maybe a good day to practice being that good Christian to told us you strive to be.

Annt, bless your heart! It's always a good day to do that!"

Thank you elvis, It isn't often that we agree on something. Glad that we can at least agree on this.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

If one says "sorry" because of an accidental bump while shopping and no harm is done, all good and done.

If one says "sorry" after a much bigger and / or very public wrong it's conditionally good IF there's indication that the offending person is also committing to not ever repeating that same act again.

In the absence of a commitment, the victim may reasonably push back or accept and move on. To expect otherwise keeps the victim below the status of the offender.

5 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

sunflower, he asked for an apology, got it, and then calls for a boycott of her sponsors. Typical liberal response.

A boycott is a wonderful way to show resistance without violence. It sends a message, if you want to sell your product you will have to be socially and morally responsible.

Why would anyone think that businesses should get a pass when they support despicable people? It's MY money, I will choose which company is deserving of my patronage.

9 Likes Save    
kaych

Annie Deighnaugh

Wow mrskjun, defensive aren't we? I just stated a fact about hannity and you jump at it like it's an attack. It's simply a fact.

That is precisely what Laura Ingraham did to Hoggwash & you'd be saying a whole lot more than "wow" if she went off the deep end & totally destroyed you over it.

2 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Remember when your parents forced you to apologize for some wrongdoing? Were you really sorry or just sorry you got caught? Our parents knew our forced apologies weren't sincere, but they served a purpose even so. Ingraham's apology was also forced. Sincere? From a person who lacks empathy? lol. She is a lost cause, but those sponsors let her and others know there is a price to pay for such behavior. David Hogg let her know his strength and commitment to his cause is much greater than her hate and pettiness.

6 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Is trump posting here?

1 Like Save    
kaych

ubro(2a)

if you want to sell your product you will have to be socially and morally responsible.

Do you honestly think Hogg has been socially and morally responsible?

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Let’s turn that around? Has Fox been morally and socially responsible?

6 Likes Save    
cecily(7 VA)

I don't shop at Hobby Lobby, Michael's is better for me. No thanks to the Chick-Fil-A, I'm good with Popeye's. The beaches in North Carolina are nice but Virginia and Maryland have nice beaches as well so that's our choice. Advertisers or other entities (like an entire state LOL) that support hate go on my list. My money, my choice. Maybe I'm not the only one.

15 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Yup

7 Likes Save    
arthurpym

Yes.

6 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw
8 Likes Save    
deegw

Apparently the thread police censored my post because I used a non offensive variation of a "bad" word to describe LI. So, I am reposting without any reference to the word.

Let's translate that lame apology tweet. "On reflection, in the spirit of positive cash flow, I apologize for any upset or hurt that my tweet caused my advertisers ".

And she pulled one of my biggest pet peeves. You say, "I'm sorry about the things I said". You don't say, "I'm sorry about the way you feel about what I said". What a sanctimonious ...

3 Likes Save    
SandyC.

Sorry, I diverted to Hannity. Just know Ailes said he hired talk show hosts to resemble his audience, old, white and angry men. Now they have a few right wing nut females too!

Fox cable prime time is right wing entertainment. The talking heads are propagandists , with no team of investigative reporters.

They invite guests with the same right wing views, to spread their hate and fear mongering.

For instance a white supremacist to discuss migration in,the EU on Carlson.

Richard Spencer the leader of the alt right, can dress in a suit and tie, Fox can invite them on to pretend to be legitimate experts, because their audience falls for the lies and propaganda, because their fearmongering aligns with their biases.

Right now the entire state of CA and the youth of our country are their scapegoats, because the forward thinking, progressive views are a threat to the so called conservative agenda.

7 Likes Save    
olliesmom

Hogg is a dweeb! Dems will eventually chew him up and spit him out as soon as he does something wrong or says something wrong. Dems are using this kid for their agenda-for the moment. He will make mistakes, he's young. Although, I am for tighter gun control, this kid is too young for me to drink his koolaid. Btw, it almost looks like he's giving a Nazi salute as he was speaking. Wow! Hitler did start with the young people.

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Mtn, thanks for sharing that!

Save    
chase_gw

Ingraham's appology was half baked and I believe came after her first sponsor dropped her.

"Do you honestly think Hogg has been socially and morally responsible"

Absolutely !!! Especially given the example set by his President and CiC

7 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

Oh looky the foul-mouthed thinking they get to lecture anyone, on anything.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Remember when your parents forced you to apologize for some wrongdoing? Were you really sorry or just sorry you got caught? Our parents knew our forced apologies weren't sincere, but they served a purpose even so. Ingraham's apology was also forced. Sincere?

@ leona: You are ostensibly speaking from personal experience. So were your forced apologies taken at face value, or did the apology recipient berate you publicly and demand more from you?

1 Like Save    
Maddie AtHome

Debait-Alert

1 Like Save    
lily316

The whole Fox network is a box of deplorables(except Shep). I read Fire and Fury. I know the relationship between Ailes and Spanky. But before he could wreck more havoc Ailes died. Karma , I guess. Now ancient Rupert M. is getting up there and his sons are liberal so Fox might be in their prime now sinking slowly.

Absolutely boycotts work. I will not set foot in a Hobby Lobby. We have a huge one being built a few miles from my house and there is another local one. Never. I will not eat ever at a Chik- fil- a even though grandson and his college friends eat at one near William And Mary. I will not shop Home Depot but always go to the Lowes next door. I was having a casual conversation about this once in a GAP store when the manager heard me and said..'You too, all of my friends and I have boycotted them and more. I will contact Hogg's list and congratulate them on their choice to leave.

5 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"Atlantis does not support or agree with the recent comments made by television broadcaster Laura Ingraham," a spokesperson for the Bahamas resort said in a statement to The Hill.

"Although we are an organization that believes in freedom of expression, we do not condone discrimination, bullying, mockery or harmful behavior of any kind. As a result of these events, we have decided to remove all brand advertising tied to the program," the statement read.

Atlantis is at least the tenth advertiser to pull support from Ingraham's program.

5 Likes Save    
jillinnj

sunflower, he asked for an apology, got it, and then calls for a boycott of her sponsors.

Wrong.

Why do you consistently twist the facts to suit your agenda?

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

Looks good on Ingraham and looks good on FOX. Boycotts, law suits, sexual abuse scandals...........soon they'll reach the trusted news pinnacle of the National Enquirer

1 Like Save    
jillinnj

That is precisely what Laura Ingraham did to Hoggwash

Another one not condemning what Ingraham.

And attacking a kid.

Is there a single right winger willing to step up and say what she said was wrong?

Anyone?

More of the moral majority on display.

Can someone please lookup "hyprocrite" and then look in the mirror. What do you see?

3 Likes Save    
kaych

We now know what many here think is morally & socially responsible behavior. Sad! Very sad!

Parkland High School student David Hogg went on a foul-mouthed, anti-Second Amendment tirade during an interview with The Outline.

Here are a few excerpts from Hogg’s interview:

“When your old-ass parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage,’ and you’re just like, ‘Give me the f***ing phone and let me handle it.’ Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government; our parents don’t know how to use a f***ing democracy, so we have to.”

“It just makes me think what sick f**kers out there want to continue to sell more guns, murder more children, and honestly just get reelected. What type of sh***y person does that? They could have blood from children splattered all over their faces and they wouldn’t take action, because they all still see these dollar signs.”

“Honestly, it’s alright that people are buying more guns. I just care that they are being safe individuals. And they can practice their Second Amendment rights all they want. I don’t give a f**k about that. I just want to make sure that a crazy-ass individual doesn’t get an AR-15 or any weapon at all.”

Save    
Maddie AtHome

More of the moral majority on display.

They are neither.

2 Likes Save    
matthias_lang

You are not clever, kaych, to refer to David Hogg as "Hoggwash".

5 Likes Save    
bry911

@ elvis So were your forced apologies taken at face value, or did the apology recipient berate you publicly and demand more from you?

Since when does an apology make everything OK?

My wife was rear-ended a few months ago by someone playing with his phone, he apologized and it was sincere, but being sorry for the damage he caused doesn't erase the fact that his irresponsible action caused damage. Should he avoid a ticket for distracted driving simply because he is sorry about the damage caused by his actions?

5 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

David Hogg has earned the right to express himself any way he damn pleases.

9 Likes Save    
lily316

The right does condone mockery, foul calling names, racism, discrimination ...look who their leader is. Spanky is the most foul-mouthed deplorable person ever to sit in the oval. But you "christians " are fine with his lying, screwing porn stars, having relationships with playboy bunnies, but maligning a 17-year-old for his outrage. ..Happy Good Friday.

14 Likes Save    
kaych

jerzeegirl(9b)

He doesn't need to 'earn' the right, it is freely given by our creator, & it is the exact same freedom that doesn't shield him from criticism.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

kaych

jerzeegirl(9b)

He doesn't need to 'earn' the right, it is freely given by our creator, & it is the exact same freedom that doesn't shield him from criticism.

^^

Laura Ingraham is now living the repercussions of that criticism.

Ten and counting, and each one richly deserved.

4 Likes Save    
deegw

I am pretty sure "my" creator does not approve of adults bullying children.

11 Likes Save    
chijim

purrmich _6

The right = authoritarianism.

Shut your pie hole (that language condemns the user as gross and low
life, btw) A 17 year old has no right to speak out in your world?

Getting his comupance. Is his college application have any
relationship IRL to his speaking out days after his friends' murders?
So, that's not only authoritarian-speak but also highly illogical. On a
few levels.

Condeming David for not debating another victim of gun violence?
Because you believe he should? Who are you except for an authoritarian
who pretends he can boss other people around? You're a nothing, laura is
a nothing, the crazed wing nuts of the extreme right are making
themselves irrelevant.

it takes an horrific event to show the depth of caring people can have for a stranger.

You who want to condem, boss, tell other people to shut up are sad little bunch and all your words amount to nothing.

Reminds me of the authoritarian right in the 60's and how they viewed the 17 & 18 yr old males who spoke out/protested against the Vietnam War - You're old enough to be used as cannon fodder and come home dead in a casket or permanently maimed... but don't you dare question us sending you there because it doesn'r concern you.

7 Likes Save    
elvis

lily316

The right does condone mockery, foul calling names, racism, discrimination ...

If that was true, "the right" would "like" your posts!

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Certainly they condone mockery , bullying and name calling. They delivered the highest office in the land to a person who uses that tactic daily

8 Likes Save    
ann_t

"David Hogg has earned the right to express himself any way he damn pleases.

He doesn't need to 'earn' the right, it is freely given by our
creator, & it is the exact same freedom that doesn't shield him
from criticism.."

Yes, and you have that right too. Which is good. That way you aren't fooling anyone. We all know why kind of person you are.

3 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

I was reading about some of the death threats the entire family have received. The FBI is collecting info. These idiots do not realize that they are not hidden just because they use a fake name.

All I can say is if the adults have children I hope you are not stroking this kind of hate in front of your children. It will cost you financially and personally. Spanky or Laura are not going to get you or your kids out of the hate condoned and encouraged in your home.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Apparently Office Depot and Jenny Craig dropped Laura as well.

SAD!

6 Likes Save    
matthias_lang

Yeah, I'd been wondering if the FBI isn't looking into threats on not only this family but on the other kids.

And I don't think even Trump came through on his promise to pay for legal defense for rally goers he encouraged to attack other.

1 Like Save    
chijim

Hillary was right about 'the deplorables' just going by how a victim(s) is/are being treated here. SMH

Then we have this winner:

Washington Times opinion editor smears Parkland survivor as a ‘brown-shirt’ for ‘bullying’ Laura Ingraham

In an editorial posted Friday morning, the
online opinion editor of the Washington Times doubled down on the
attacks on Parkland massacre survivor David Hogg.

2 Likes Save    
Pidge

The "creators" of the first amendment were flesh and blood human beings.

11 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Hogg’s rejection by four different schools is newsworthy only because he, with the help of the MSM, has created a narrative that he is a most important young voice, wise beyond his years, and quite possibly the smartest guy in the room.

What else can we learn about him?

I look forward to learning more about his background. What kinds of relationships he has with other students, teachers, friends and family. Who helped him develop his speaking ability. How did he spend his time prior to the shooting. Has he ever been in trouble with the law? Those are routine questions, and perhaps they have been answered elsewhere?

2 Likes Save    
Oaktown

When people get so worked up about the messenger's [insert your favorite here -- grades, shoes, food selection, spelling, etc.] who will be able to sit down, discuss the message, and make progress towards actual solutions? Who are the beneficiaries of this extra controversy?

It makes me sad that so much of newsertainment these days seems directed towards take-downs/put-downs. The world sure could use more kindness.

5 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

No kjun, he asked for an apology, and called for a boycott, and then got an apology when companies started boycotting her.

The RW seems to be getting more and more careless with facts.

3 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Which creator would that be?

James Madison, who created the First Amendment, and the whole Bill of Rights?

George Washington, who led the soldiers in fighting the English for our freedom so we could have a first Amendment?

Oh, wait, do you think your gawd has something to do with this?

How naive. Your church won't even allow you to speak freely. If you step out of line, you could be excommunicated. They all work that way kaych

4 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Yes

5 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Hogg’s rejection by four different schools is newsworthy only because
he, with the help of the MSM, has created a narrative that he is a most
important young voice, wise beyond his years, and quite possibly the
smartest guy in the room.

Well he did take down that blowhard bully Laura Ingraham.

7 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

he is a most important young voice

You disagree with that, nik? Do you think what he as to say is not important?

You seem to be right in line with your Mr. Trump in thinking that it should be easy to buy weapons of mass destruction, so angry young white men can go into schools and shoot their classmates and friends

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

I think this makes 13, hard to keep up.

12 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Now that is comeuppance.

7 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

The real world: Words have consequences.

Conservatives: Only some people's words should have consequences.

7 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Laura Ingraham is now living the repercussions of that criticism.

Actually she is now living the repercussions of her own statements.

3 Likes Save    
ann_t

Apparently Adopted wants to keep overlooking the fact that David Hogg has been accepted into Cal Poly. She would rather harp on the schools he didn't get accepted to.

2 Likes Save    
kaych

Successfully taking away someone's #1A (& #2A) freedom(s) is NOT success! Just ask anyone living or has lived in countries that don't have those freedoms.

Save    
lily316

I read David is taking a gap year, I think he should to keep the movement going.

1 Like Save    
chijim

adoptedbyhounds

Hogg’s
rejection by four different schools is newsworthy only because he, with
the help of the MSM, has created a narrative that he is a most
important young voice, wise beyond his years, and quite possibly the
smartest guy in the room.

What else can we learn about him?

I look forward to learning more about his background. What kinds of
relationships he has with other students, teachers, friends and family.
Who helped him develop his speaking ability. How did he spend his time
prior to the shooting. Has he ever been in trouble with the law? Those
are routine questions, and perhaps they have been answered elsewhere?

Do you also ask the same of molestation and rape victims? Would you ask the same of those who survived the World Trade Ctr/9-11 attacks?

His background has nothing to do with this - he went to school, a shooter came in and shot 17 of his classmates and teachers ...and he survived it.

BTW - his dad a Republican, was ex-FBI-- they have a gun in the house., a Navy pilot and ex-Elementary school teacher who suffers from early-onset Parkinsons'

6 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Poking into a victims past to hunt for negative lapses has been a conservative tool for some time. Each time some young black man has been shot this is the go to by people who want to justify the shooting never mind the facts of the actual incident. Despicable behavior but ancient use. I do hope that is not what is going on there.

I haven't kept count here but it does seem that our more conservative posters are doubling own on the kid. Using his last name as an ugly label is definitely going to get YOU labeled. As said above-WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????

13 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

6 Likes Save    
azmom

"fyi..Hannity dropped out of college to pursue a broadcasting career...how did that work out?"

No wonder....He surely is an example showing the consequence of lacking good college education.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Yes, and you have that right too. Which is good. That way you aren't fooling anyone. We all know why [sic] kind of person you are.

Annt, I am sure that's a load off her mind!

Save    
dandyfopp

4 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Like Mc Donald's .....I' m lovin' it !

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Why the repeat of so many comments within one thread?

It sure does make this sound like the 60s and 70s.

Save    
dandyfopp

My bad, its 16. Add Ruby Tuesday to the list.

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Successfully taking away someone's #1A (& #2A) freedom(s) is NOT success!

So who has had any of their rights taken away by this?

Laura Ingraham was allowed to speak, but she has learned, as have many others, that there can be consequences to speaking freely.

5 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

I look forward to learning more about his background.

We still haven't heard about your background. Are you going to share it with us?

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Attacking the victim? Smh!

4 Likes Save    
elvis

Laura Ingraham was allowed to speak, but she has learned, as have many others, that there can be consequences to speaking freely.

The fact that you think the Hogg's action with respect to Ingraham's sponsors is okay, is telling...and deplorable. The woman didn't yell "fire!" in a crowded venue, for pity's sake.

I suspect that you condone censorship, as long as you get to say what you want. If you get your wish, it will eventually bite you. Not sad!

1 Like Save    
bry911

There are a lot of ridiculous ideas posted on this thread by people armed in self-righteous ignorance. Do you really think you are qualified to judge the acceptability of a social leader based on his (pretty good) grades?

If so do me a favor and judge this fellow's impact in social progress using your "analysis"...

ETA: Yes that is transcript of Martin Luther King Jr. from Morehouse...

Now, you can admit your foolishness, or try to convince yourself that you aren't. Good luck with either of those.

7 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

The dollar speaks loudest.

Laura said what she said for money, and its costing her, big time.

Karma.

5 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

The fact that you think the Hogg's action with respect to Ingraham's sponsors is okay, is telling...and deplorable. The woman didn't yell "fire!" in a crowded venue, for pity's sake.

I suspect that you condone censorship, as long as you get to say what you want. If you get your wish, it will eventually bite you. Not sad!

Wow

You are getting pretty desperate, aren't you.

So you think Ingrahams comments with respect to David Hogg is OK?

David's call for a boycott was just as likely to be ignored as honored.

Speech can have consequences, and Laura can still speak all she wants, and make comments even uglier than her attack on David.

But, as she has learned, that sort of attack doesn't sit well with decent Americans.

6 Likes Save    
chijim

Elvis - this growna$$ women is attacking a victim and a kid... and you see nothing wrong with her actions/behavior!

More telling, you only get upset because she's losing her meal ticket.

BTW - has David Hogg asked for Laura Ingraham be be fired?

4 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

David Hogg's entreaty to contact Ingraham's advertisers was only powerful because so many people believe what she did was heinous. Enough to take the time to contact these firms. This is not about David punishing Laura. It is a primal scream from (most of) American saying we want civility back!

If you are a public figure, your financial future rests with the public. She miscalculated and is being punished for it. GOOD. Let's hope all of these other people who have let our political discourse devolve into nasty, juvenile, coarse personal attacks think twice. If you represent a party and policies, clean up your act and start behaving with dignity and respect. Otherwise no one wants to hear from you ... and we will vote you out with our dollars first and ballots next.

17 Likes Save    
elvis

You said I did.

But, as she has learned, that sort of attack doesn't sit well with decent Americans.

Laughing out loud at you!

Save    
chase_gw

Those are large companies. No way this kid has any power over them. They are reacting this way because they don't want their brand associated with a person who would make such comments about a kid who came through hell and turned it into a positive cause.

She blew it and as a professional she needs to wear it...no " in the spirit of Holly week " carp .

Blaming Hogg for her unprofessional conduct is the very opposite of the personal responsibility mantra the right likes to throw around while their FOX idols do anything but.

3 Likes Save    
lily316

Just proves there are a lot of decent people who stood up and made their voices known. Is there a reason you say THE Hogg , Elvis?

4 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Wholly weak.

5 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Good point mtn and Lily.......David may have encouraged it but millions acted on it , contacting the businesses directly.

Not surprised at the reaction of some here....just like Ingraham...predictable

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Is there a reason you say THE Hogg , Elvis?

Yup, Boss Hogg!

Save    
elvis

David may have encouraged it but millions acted on it , contacting the businesses directly.

Yes, direct contact can be very effective. That's why those of us who want businesses to stay out of politics are doing just that.

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Such outrage over David Hogg's words and actions.

Clearly his sin is that there is overwhelming public support for better gun control, and a strong will to protect our children.

Rather than excoriate the student organizers, condemn the millions who support them, and those who marched on the Saturday, the 24th. This won't happen because bullies attack high school students, not a mass movement.

I'm surprised the conservative NRA shock troops have so misread public sentiment on this issue. Common sense should have told them to keep quiet for a few weeks. Their mistake works better for the change that Hogg wants to see.

4 Likes Save    
mr1010

Poor Bully Ingraham is now all over the news APOLOGIZING for her remarks.

too little, too late.

4 Likes Save    
chase_gw

"That's why those of us who want businesses to stay out of politics are doing just that."

Where to even start with that comment ?

First of all I am encouraged to learn you do not support the Citizens United decision. That's huge.

Second of all , you clearly do not understand public relations. This had zero to do with politics.....what is political about a TV personality bullying a teenager over social media about his university applications ?

Is not about politics it is about behaviour. Just like when sponsors dropped O' Reilly over his inappropriate sexual behaviour, just like when sponsors dropped Tiger.

It's not political , is about associating your brand with someone who isn't playing well publicly.

5 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Lynn, she must be a Dukes of Hazzard fan.

Save    
ann_t

"doesn't sit well with decent Americans."

Thank goodness there are still more decent American's than not.

"That's why those of us who want businesses to stay out of politics are doing just that."

You are just too funny. Making a statement like that while you support Dementia Don. LOL!!!!

4 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

You said I did.

No, elvis, I ASKED

There is a question mark at the end of that sentence

Question mark - ?

The question mark [ ? ] (also known as interrogation point, query, or eroteme in journalism)[1] is a punctuation mark that indicates an interrogative clause or phrase in many languages.

Save    
momj47(7A)

Yup, Boss Hogg!

And this is apropos of what?

Is that a popular show among the Trump set?

That's two questions, elvis

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

"sunflower, he asked for an apology, got it, and then calls for a boycott of her sponsors. Typical liberal response. He'll be head of the DNC one day. He emulates Tom Perez now."

That didn't answer my question, now did it? But perhaps I wasn't clear.

I asked how did you feel about what Laura said - I meant the original thing she said, not her apology.

Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

.Nancy

I'm surprised the conservative NRA shock troops have so misread
public sentiment on this issue. Common sense should have told them to
keep quiet for a few weeks. Their mistake works better for the change
that Hogg wants to see.

===============================

When they noticed the movement was growing they have shifted into over drive. I think they are in shock. It has been so easy for so long. Just say "thoughts and prayers" "to soon to talk about it" and it blows over.

They had no idea what was in store. Now lets muddy them up. There comes a time when people have had enough.

But to step in their play ground of social media really was stupid. She stepped off the porch and wanted to play. She is getting the game she picked. The people that are leaving her were not even on his list. All it took for him to do was hit a button and release a world of hurt on her.

7 Likes Save    
kaych

sunflower_petal

I asked how did you feel about what Laura said - I meant the original thing she said, not her apology

I'll answer that. Here's her tweet;

David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)

with the link to the article relaying Hogg's quoted words;

"It's not been too great for me and some of the other members of the movement, like Ryan Deitsch," he said, according to TMZ.

"It's been kind of annoying having to deal with that and everything else that's been going on but at this point, you know, we're changing the world. We're too busy. Right now it's hard to focus on that," he said.

She stated facts;

--- He was rejected by 4 colleges that he applied to

--- one of them being UCLA

--- which evidently isn't an easy school to get into.

--- and he whined about it

--- as shown by his own words in the attached article

She could have said something along the lines of " wasn't happy about" but she said "whines about it". I don't use twitter, but from my understanding there is a character limit, so I assume that played a role into how it was worded to get everything in she wanted to. The ironic thing is, he is proving to all what a whiner he is, & with the help of Soros, Media Matters, & their fascist ilk, has made MT Everest out of a pinhead. Her tweet doesn't even begin to compare to all the vulgar & vicious attacks that he's made. He is nothing but a puppet being used, & anyone that believes Laura is deserving of all this absurdity sadly promotes fascism too, because this has nothing to do with what factually has transpired & everything to do with using a 'poor traumatized child" to shut down opposing conservative speech. Hoggwash!

Save    
matthias_lang

I just listened to the video you posted, Kaych, and I hear absolutely no whining.

2 Likes Save    
ann_t

David Hogg isn't a whiner. But those that are still going after him on this thread are big whiners.

2 Likes Save    
kaych

matthias_lang
I just listened to the video you posted, Kaych, and I hear absolutely no whining.

Nice try at diversion. Laura never said he was whining in that clip, did she?

I suppose you're not going to admit that he made several vulgar & vicious attacks in the clip either, are you?

3 Likes Save    
elvis

momj47(7A)

You said I did.

No, elvis, I ASKED

There is a question mark at the end of that sentence

Question mark - ?

The question mark [ ? ] (also known as interrogation point, query, or eroteme in journalism)[1] is a punctuation mark that indicates an interrogative clause or phrase in many languages.

j47, here's a question asked in the same spirit as yours: when did you stop beating your partner?

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Cuss words?!?
Oh Noes!!!

2 Likes Save    
matthias_lang

Kaych said,

Nice try at diversion. Laura never said he was whining in that clip, did she?

I suppose you're not going to admit that he made several vulgar & vicious attacks in the clip either, are you?

Kaych, your post to which I responded, complete with its link, https://www.tmz.com/2018/03/27/parkland-leader-david-hogg-rejected-colleges-emma-gonzalez/?adid=hero3, is not presently visible on this thread. I don't know whether you removed it or someone else did. I thought you were saying that David Hogg was whining and you offered the video link to prove it. So I watched it. In it, he did not whine and he he did not make any vulgar or vicious attack.

Save    
ann_t

"I suppose you're not going to admit that he made several vulgar & vicious attacks in the clip either, are you?"

Give me a break. You support Dementia Don and he is known for using vulgar language.

6 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Matthais, My recollection is the same as yours.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Here's hoping for an O'Reilly type vacation.

Bye Felicia.

Laura Ingraham Says She’ll Take Vacation Amidst Controversy

3 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

Hogg has been feted as a key leader within a "mass movement" that is determined to reform America; he has been praised for his attempt to "force change"; he has been cast, including by himself, as a lion who refuses to back down; and, in some of the more cunning quarters of the left, he has been turned into a walking demonstration of the need to lower the voting age. At no point has anyone hosting him suggested that his relevance is limited to his capacity to describe his experience; rather,he has in every instance been asked to join a public political fight - a fight, remember, that relates to nothing less foundational than the American Bill of Rights.

And yet, when other Americans have seen fit to respond, Hogg's defenders have cast him upon the instant in diametrically opposite terms: As an irrelevance; as a mere "kid"; as a grieving ornament who sits well outside of our national conversation. This is extraordinary. How obvious, one wonders, do his champions intend to make it that they are using him to launder their views? And how clearly must they reveal that, despite their protestations to the contrary, they in fact have no respect whatsoever for his agency?

https://www.sott.net/article/378738-National-Review-David-Hogg-is-fair-game-for-critics

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

Does she have any sponsors left?

Laura Ingraham also said Hogg “whines about” the rejections.

She said it in a tweet

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

And another step closer to the 60s

Save    
momj47(7A)

Elvis, you still haven't told us anything about yourself

But I see you are still looking for an excuse to justify Ingraham's ugly attack on David.

1 Like Save    
kaych

matthias_lang

Kaych, your post to which I responded, complete with its link, https://www.tmz.com/2018/03/27/parkland-leader-david-hogg-rejected-colleges-emma-gonzalez/?adid=hero3, is not presently visible on this thread. I don't know whether you removed it or someone else did. I thought you were saying that David Hogg was whining and you offered the video link to prove it. So I watched it. In it, he did not whine and he he did not make any vulgar or vicious attack.

I never posted that link on any comment I made here, nor was there a link posted in my comment with the video. I also never said he was whining in the video. It would be helpful if you posted my exact words when you reply. I'm going to repeat this again... I have NEVER deleted one of my comments OR clicked the upper right corner of ANYONE'S comments! I believe in everyone's freedom to say whatever they please, & think censorship is BS!

Is my comment with the video still visible, because I still see it?

1 Like Save    
kaych

matthias_lang

I thought you were saying that David Hogg was whining and you offered the video link to prove it. So I watched it. In it, he did not whine and he he did not make any vulgar or vicious attack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this the post & video you were replying to? If so, you'll see I didn't say he was whining & if you don't think he made any vulgar or vicious attacks, then we define that completely different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kaych

We now know what many here think is morally & socially responsible behavior. Sad! Very sad!

Parkland High School student David Hogg went on a foul-mouthed, anti-Second Amendment tirade during an interview with The Outline.

Here are a few excerpts from Hogg’s interview:

“When your old-ass parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage,’ and you’re just like, ‘Give me the f***ing phone and let me handle it.’ Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government; our parents don’t know how to use a f***ing democracy, so we have to.”

“It just makes me think what sick f**kers out there want to continue to sell more guns, murder more children, and honestly just get reelected. What type of sh***y person does that? They could have blood from children splattered all over their faces and they wouldn’t take action, because they all still see these dollar signs.”

“Honestly, it’s alright that people are buying more guns. I just care that they are being safe individuals. And they can practice their Second Amendment rights all they want. I don’t give a f**k about that. I just want to make sure that a crazy-ass individual doesn’t get an AR-15 or any weapon at all.”

1 Like Save    
kaych

matthias_lang

I thought you were saying that David Hogg was whining and you offered the video link to prove it. So I watched it. In it, he did not whine and he he did not make any vulgar or vicious attack

This is the post that I talked about his whining;

kaych

sunflower_petal

I asked how did you feel about what Laura said - I meant the original thing she said, not her apology

I'll answer that. Here's her tweet;

David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)

with the link to the article relaying Hogg's quoted words;

"It's not been too great for me and some of the other members of the movement, like Ryan Deitsch," he said, according to TMZ.

"It's been kind of annoying having to deal with that and everything else that's been going on but at this point, you know, we're changing the world. We're too busy. Right now it's hard to focus on that," he said.

She stated facts;

--- He was rejected by 4 colleges that he applied to

--- one of them being UCLA

--- which evidently isn't an easy school to get into.

--- and he whined about it

--- as shown by his own words in the attached article

She could have said something along the lines of " wasn't happy about" but she said "whines about it". I don't use twitter, but from my understanding there is a character limit, so I assume that played a role into how it was worded to get everything in she wanted to. The ironic thing is, he is proving to all what a whiner he is, & with the help of Soros, Media Matters, & their fascist ilk, has made MT Everest out of a pinhead. Her tweet doesn't even begin to compare to all the vulgar & vicious attacks that he's made. He is nothing but a puppet being used, & anyone that believes Laura is deserving of all this absurdity sadly promotes fascism too, because this has nothing to do with what factually has transpired & everything to do with using a 'poor traumatized child" to shut down opposing conservative speech. Hoggwash!

1 Like Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

Kaych

everything to do with using a 'poor traumatized child" to shut down opposing conservative speech. Hoggwash!

==================================

If she was right why do you think she is not still tweeting? She is free to use her choice of media to say what she wants just as the teen age boy did. Nobody took her computer away or shut her twitter account. She can go back on Twitter and exercise her freedom of speech all she pleases.

Hogg has shown her he too has freedom of speech. She tell him to stop whining and he said I am going to inform your sponsors of your opinion.

Do you see how that freedom of speech work? David showed her what Hoggwash means. I love that name Hoggwash. He has been telling them that....They said sit down he said that is Hoggwash. He Hoggwashed them. He is washing the Hogs

1 Like Save    
josephene_gw

So why is she threatened by Mr Hogg?

Save    
kaych

Hunter Pollack‏ @PollackHunter 7h7 hours ago

It’s sick that the deaths of 17 people including my sister have been weaponized to push political agendas

Save    
kaych

Patrick Petty‏ @Patrickpetty23 Mar 29

I find it funny that @davidhogg111 wants people to show him love while being nasty and vile to others. Worse than that, he and his friends have not said a word to me since the shooting, considering my sister died on 2/14 don’t you think it would’ve been loving to reach out to me?

In response to:

David Hogg‏Verified account @davidhogg111

I 100% agree an apology in an effort just to save your advertisers is not enough. I will only accept your apology only if you denounce the way your network has treated my friends and I in this fight. It’s time to love thy neighbor, not mudsling at children.

1 Like Save    
kaych

Benny‏Verified account @bennyjohnson

Andrew Pollack, does not have Twitter. He asked me to share this with you...
Andrew’s daughter was murdered in Parkland. He is hosting a ride to honor ALL the victims tomorrow.
Benifits will go to build a memorial park in his daughter’s honor.
Donate here: https://remembermeadow.com

tom koonce‏ @heraldjaden 10h10 hours ago

Replying to @bennyjohnson

David’s too busying whining about being called a whiner after he told TMZ about his rejections and demanding boycotts if anyone calling him a snowflake name

2 Likes Save    

Nefarious political agenda = public safety; Orwellian language ju-jitsu by the right-wing noise machine.

2 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

Thank you for the link to Meadow's page Kaych. More focus should be placed on the real victims, their friends and families rather than people like the Hoggs who are using the deaths of 17 young people to launch their 15 minutes of fame. I wish more people who were actually linked to the school and their families would speak out. Why is the media ignoring them? Meanwhile this Hogg "child" is being sheltered. The tweets say a lot. I'm guessing David Hogg wasn't so popular at the school as the left wing agenda is trying to push. Even before the tragedy. I also understand he will turn 18 in a month. The kid glove treatment will end then as he will no longer be able to use his status as "child" to hide behind. Shameful.

1 Like Save    
ann_t

Every child in that school that day was a victim. What is wrong with you people?

Why are you so threatened/frightened by these strong articulate young people?

I agree you all should be ashamed.

17 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

David Hogg and the survivors are speaking up for the 17 people who can no longer speak.

11 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Sorry, i'm late to the party...been busy lately. But I did want to respond to this:

...if you want to sell your product you will have to be socially and morally responsible.

It's not clear to me that trumpers believe that postulate...certainly trump has been neither socially nor morally responsible and he certainly sold with the gop anyway....bigly!

---

Yup. And I think he's demonstrated courage and leadership to try and effect change around an issue that hasn't been adequately addressed in years and years leading to a significant loss of life.

9 Likes Save    
lakeaffect

The posts of the fascist few on this thread are so telling, they know they are being left in the dust, and are increasingly vile, like kaych's post where s/he speculates about David Hogg's popularity "even before the tragedy" and boasts that the "kid glove treatment will end" when he turns 18. The unmistakable stench of desperation clings to each and every post by the regressives.

10 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

elvis: The fact that you think the Hogg's action with respect to Ingraham's sponsors is okay, is telling...and deplorable.

You surprise me! I thought you'd be delighted that this is being done in the free market without any interference or regulation by government. This is simply people freely choosing to vote with their dollars. And now that your supreme court has found corporations to be people too, the corporations are also speaking with their dollars. All are exercising their 1st amendment rights -- I'd think you'd be thrilled!

5 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

kaych, who's talking about eliminating the 2nd amendment? From your own video posting Hogg says explicity he's for the 2nd amendment and not taking away people's guns...only keeping the deadliest out of the hands of the craziest.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Didn't O'Reilly do the same ? I would love to see FOX fire her but ..........

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Dear Melania,

You don’t know me, but I felt I needed to reach out to you.

A while ago you said that you wanted to use your position and platform to stop bullying.
You said you want to protect young people from violence.
You said you wanted to prevent cruelty.

Then you largely disappeared.

I’m not sure if you’ve been offline since then—but things aren’t good here.

Your husband’s trolls are incessantly harassing teenage survivors of a mass murder. They’re using their images in fake memes designed to engender hatred.
They’re deploying armies of bots to call these children communists, and to
attack their motives and their sexuality and their love of country.

They are specifically targeting children and exposing them to harm.

Based on what you’ve said previously about such behavior, I thought you’d want to know this and to speak out explicitly. Given that this was your great stated burden, it seemed the kind of thing you’d be moved by. If there was ever a perfect moment for you to use your voice for a cause you claim dear to you—it would be this one.

I know you have a young son, and I imagine you’re fairly protective of
him; that you hurt when he hurts, that it enrages you when strangers
verbally assault him, that tears come when he is unfairly targeted by
adults.

And seeing as you’re First Lady, I was hoping you’d be protective of these sons and daughters too; that their hurt would matter, that you would be enraged by the wounds they are sustaining, that their targeting would bring you to tears.

Maybe you don’t see it or you don’t really care or you’re too frightened of
your husband to say anything—but you need to say something.

All I know is that children are being damaged—and that you have the opportunity to defend them with one of the largest platforms on the planet.
All I know, is that you do have an audience with the trolls and the bullies and the abusers.

You do have influence with these monsters because of your last name and your
title—and whether I believe you deserve the lofty position you’ve been
given—you could actually use it for good.

You could be the best version of yourself, and undo some of the toxic filth
your husband is manufacturing, nurturing, and amplifying.
You could save young people’s lives with your simple words.

From what I know about the man you’re married to, and from the reprehensible
way he’s treated women in the past, you might not feel you can say
anything. I suspect you live a great deal of time in fear; that you might be rightly terrified to speak.

But you’re the wife of a sitting President, and that’s far more power than a
14-year old in Florida has to face the bullies and the trolls and the
talk show hosts and the senators.

That’s a terror you will never experience.

Like I said, I don’t know you, and maybe none of this means anything to you. These could all be wasted words, falling on deaf ears of someone who (like her husband) doesn’t give a damn.

But I’m hoping that there is humanity there beneath your detached stare.
I’m hoping compassion and goodness still reside in the hidden recesses of your heart.
I’m hoping that the mother in you, understands how sickening it is when children are in danger, and that you really did mean it when you said you wanted to stop people from bullying them.

And, Melania, children are in danger.
They are being bullied.
They are being violated.

They are not safe.

If their lives are worth defending—say something.

--John Pavlovitz

6 Likes Save    
SandyC.

I hope she's canned. She's a white nationalist propagandist like Ann Coulter.

A nasty, racist, who told LeBron and other players to shut up and dribble.

Meanwhile Fox propaganda featured trump, a moron, reality tv star, on their talk shows for decades speaking out on white grievances.

4 Likes Save    
jillinnj

The RW seems to be getting more and more careless with facts.

Nope, they've been extremely careless with facts since at least the Iraq invasion. Especially that particular poster.

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

David Hogg's entreaty to contact Ingraham's advertisers was only powerful because so many people believe what she did was heinous. Enough to take the time to contact these firms. This is not about David punishing Laura. It is a primal scream from (most of) American saying we want civility back!

Yes!

Thank you, mtn. Well said. (bolding mine)

4 Likes Save    
jillinnj

I have to repeat one of my earliest comments ---

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Hogg and his classmates give me so much hope for this country.

On the other hand, those here attacking him along with Ingraham make me sick and ashamed. A sad reminder that there are many heartless appalling Americans.

2 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Hogg and his classmates give me so much hope for this country.

And the forum members who support Ingraham and continue to attack David Hogg had better give us pause.

Resistance is not futile

1 Like Save    
ann_t

Embarrassing Matt? For you maybe. Go back and v e r y c a r e f u l l y r e a d the previous posts. Here I'll make it easy for you. Go back to Wednesday and search for Azmom's posts.

ETA: My comment was in response to Matt. Looks like Matt removed his post. He was criticizing David Hogg, suggesting he should be embarrassed for being rejected by 4 colleges. He obviously didn't read this thread before commenting.

1 Like Save    
elvis

If she was right why do you think she is not still tweeting?

Random guess: because she has lots of other things to do with her life? Who knows, when she has time in her schedule, maybe she'll re-address the matter, she probably will, at some point.

Save    
jillinnj

because she has lots of other things to do with her life

Hahahahaha! Yeah, like that "planned but not announced" vacation. Yep, sure, totally believable.

maybe she'll re-address the matter, she probably will, at some point

She already has with her pathetic attempt at an apology. AFTER her sponsors started cancelling.

But go ahead and keep on defending her, elvis. And attacking a child. Must be those conservative personal responsibility traits we hear about so often. Pathetic.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

"maybe she'll re-address the matter, she probably will, at some point."

Doubt that unless it's to really fall on her sword......I'm sure FOX has told her to zip it ! They have had a lot of this carp in the last year. Last Fall their advertising revenue dropped over 15% . Not sure if it has recovered but this is a blow to the bottom line....and even with FOX...some things are sacred

1 Like Save    
blfenton

Why are you so threatened/frightened by these strong articulate young people? - ann_t

This.

David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez happen to be the most outspoken of the young men and women and so become the lightening rods for all the haters of their message. If you truly believe that they will become ineffective why carry on so much? In the meantime, let them speak out. And they aren't just speaking out for their 17 classmates, they are speaking out for all the children who have been killed by gun violence. It astounds me that a bunch of supposed adults who themselves hide behind the first amendment are trying to shut down the youth of America from speaking out.

You're the same adults (metaphorically) who tried to shut down the youth leaders of the Viet Nam protests, the same adults who tried to shut down civil unrest in the 60's, the same adults who tried to shut down women getting the vote.Why are you so afraid of change, or at least consider the idea that it might be beneficial.

And they are NOT trying to get rid of the second amendment.

4 Likes Save    
elvis

Must be those conservative personal responsibility traits we hear about so often.

@jilin: "We" (here on HT) only hear about those conservative personal responsibility traits from the likes of you! Show "us" some conservative posts wherein your infamous conservative personal responsibility traits are touted, love to see that!

"We'll" wait!

Save    
chase_gw

There have been many , many of them posted over the years but searching this forum is impossible.........where is Maddie when we need her?

Save    
lily316

The Righties on this forum have definitely hit bottom. Are you afraid the great wizard has been exposed by a group of super smart articulate kids? Wouldn't it be great if the young could topple the old racist white men in this country? It takes a child to lead them. Where were all you critics when you were 14, 15, 16 and 17? Probably at the mall or hanging out. Not ONE of you could speak as articularly as every single one of them did to the millions of people who were watching them. YOU are in the minority. Keep it up. Since snarky Laura has run away to lick her wounds , she and you should see all the Americans who stand by David Hogg resulting in the sponsors who have flown the coop. I'm very proud of him and all the rest of the kids and eagerly await their participation in the upcoming midterms.

Save    
Save    
elvis

From j47's first link above ^^^:

Jodik (2012): Teaching a man to fish is always better than just giving him a fish... that much is obvious... unless he hasn't the physical or mental capability to learn to fish. What then? Leave him with a fishing pole he can't use, and the certainty that he will slowly starve to death? Oh well... personal responsibility and all that, ya know.

As long as we can get by without collecting public help, I'd prefer to do that... there are too many families with little children that can really use that support. And more are on the way... you can take that to the bank.

And by the by... we never wanted a wad of cash from the insurance company involved in the accident... we only wanted what we felt was our just due...

What was your point, j47?

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Maggie Jordan:‏ @MaggieJordanAC

Annnnd now we’re up to 18:
Entertainment Studios
Ruby Tuesday
Miracle Ear
Honda
Principal
Liberty Mutual
Office Depot
Atlantis, Paradise Island
Nutrish
TripAdvisor
Wayfair
Expedia
Nestlé
Johnson & Johnson
Stitch Fix
Hulu
Jos. A. Bank
Jenny Craig

7 Likes Save    

Ms Ingraham may be taking an extended vacation. She may even decide that she needs to spend more time with her family.

6 Likes Save    
lily316

Hey, snowflakes. One of your heroes, who's on the board of directors for the NRA, said the kids are "Poor pathetic liars with no souls"..You remember him... Ted Nugent, the worst slime ever to crawl out of the swamp. He ties with Spanky as the most despicable human on the planet. Proud of your heroes , snowflakes? Why don't you do a background check on Teddy, who crapped his pants to avoid the draft, sorta like Spanky did with his bone spurs. Neither of these nauseating cowards could ever be fit to lick the boots of these kids.

1 Like Save    
chijim

watchmelol

Thank
you for the link to Meadow's page Kaych. More focus should be placed
on the real victims, their friends and families rather than people like
the Hoggs who are using the deaths of 17 young people to launch their 15
minutes of fame. I wish more people who were actually linked to the
school and their families would speak out. Why is the media ignoring
them? Meanwhile this Hogg "child" is being sheltered. The tweets say a
lot. I'm guessing David Hogg wasn't so popular at the school as the left
wing agenda is trying to push. Even before the tragedy. I also
understand he will turn 18 in a month. The kid glove treatment will
end then as he will no longer be able to use his status as "child" to
hide behind. Shameful.

Ahh - rubbing hands and twisting mustache waiting for David to turn 18 so you can get em!

Oh BTW, white male aren't adults until their mid-40's or older. -- black males become adults at 12

Oh, were the people that escaped the World Trade Ctr towers, Pentagon... not' real victims'?

Also - tell me how Davis Hogg et al, have disrespected anybody murdered or maimed.

7 Likes Save    
Scott

A prophet is never accepted in his own country.

Save    
elvis

Examples of "prophets" who fit that description, Scott?

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Hoping this 'week off' is the precursor to a permanent vacation for Ms. Ingraham. That seems to be the usual progression for these types, once they cross a final line of decency.

And like it or not, a very large number of people have expressed their support for these brave kids and their message - much larger than the number who would prefer them to go away.

Enough is enough.

4 Likes Save    
elvis

carolb_w_fl(zone 9/10)

Hoping this 'week off' is the precursor to a permanent vacation for Ms. Ingraham. That seems to be the usual progression for these types, once they cross a final line of decency.

Using the word "whine" is crossing a final line of decency? You have a very low tolerance threshold!

Save    
Scott

Look up who said the saying first Elvis. I think it is time today for you to go out and buy a car.

Save    
elvis

"Time to go out and buy a car"? That has no meaning to me, Scott!

That's the 2nd time you've suggested it. Car trouble?

Save    
Scott

I gave you the context in another post. I will repeat it here: when Lucille Ball's second husband irritated her she would say that.

Save    
elvis

Obscure trivia, mea culpa! I only know one person who actually interacted with Ball on a personal basis, she was apparently very full of herself and downright awful! I was given a similar report re Bob Hope! I see evidence every day that it sometimes happens when a person becomes cognizant of their mortality via the aging process!

Save    
lakeaffect

This was in my FB feed just now, from a former co-worker. As if comparing soldiers IN A WAR with high school students is valid. That's why I say the smell of desperation is all around them.

1 Like Save    

Thanks to Mimou for reminding me of Frank Schaeffer's words of wisdom on the Coulter thread. Here's a post from him today re: Ingraham...

Frank Schaeffer

8 hrs ·

Was Laura Ingraham always a crass bully or did she get that way by imitating the crass bully who faked his way into the White House? How does she justify this? She thinks all conservatives are victims. But how can they be? Republicans control the entire government!

Crush bullies like Laura Ingraham and Donald Trump who use positions of power, money and platform to bully ordinary citizens from disabled reporters to teens like David Hogg. They never pick on people their own size. The NRA/gun lobby Republicans have decided that rather than engaging the arguments gun violence survivors are making, they will try to discredit the messengers, often through blatant ad hominem attacks.

Laura Ingraham apologized after taunting Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg over college rejections. Now this "good Catholic Christian" should use Holy Week as a chance to confess then retire from public life. She's a bully unfit to host a show using celebrity to pick on kids.

Of her breast cancer Laura Ingraham said "I decided it was time to look at my own life and my own choices and path and decide if I could do better." As she attacks kid survivors of mass shootings Ingraham proves she learned neither grace nor kindness from her brush with mortality.

(emphasis added by me)

6 Likes Save    
bry911

More focus should be placed on the real victims, their friends and families rather than people like the Hoggs who are using the deaths of 17 young people to launch their 15 minutes of fame.

The problem being, there were lots of real victims. All of the kids terrorized that day were victims, and through that experience earned their right to be outraged and speak out about it.

If you don't like what he has to say then argue against it, but don't start attacking his right to his outrage or his right to use his experience to further his belief.

11 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

More focus should be placed on the real victims,

The real victims are dead

Their friends are the ones who are demanding a change, like David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez.

But you knew that.

And the families are waiting for your RWEx friends to start the conspiracy attacks, again, watchmelol.

Save    
azmom

Laura Ingraham to take week-long break from Fox News show amid controversy

So the 54 years old scramble brain, Nazi-want-to-be, useless dumb blond will take "vacation" for being defeated by a 17 years old high school kid.

Hope she has leaned a lesson - never be jealous of, and attack someone who is smart and, worse, is almost 40 years junior to her. What a deplorable loser!

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

When there's a problem you can either offer thoughts and prayers, or you can take action to fix the problem. These kids have obviously decided that doing what they can with what they've got to prevent more children dying for no good reason is a better response than just thoughts and prayers.

There are many ways one can work to heal oneself from trauma, but taking that suffering and making it meaningful by being part of the solution is a good and valid option.

Working to prevent future victims isn't disrespecting past victims, but is honoring them by not letting their deaths be in vain.

8 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Let's not leave ted nugent out of all the fun (from ABC news):

Rocker Ted Nugent says the Florida students calling for gun control have "no soul" and are "mushy brained children"....

"These poor children, I'm afraid to say, it hurts me to say, but the evidence is irrefutable: They have no soul," Nugent said. He added that the gun control measures the students support amount to "spiritual suicide" and "will cause more death and mayhem."

We've got alex jones saying they are paid actors by the deep state.

And let's not forget this response to seeing a picture of some of the students crying after FL turned down legislation on banning assault rifles:

Compassionate conservatives indeed!!!

2 Likes Save    

D'Souza doesn't disappoint, does he?

Maybe he make a book on the roots of David Hoggs anti-colonial rage, er, anti-gun violence rage.

Save    

This obviously bears repeating:

"Republicans have decided that rather than engaging the arguments gun violence survivors are making, they will try to discredit the messengers, often through blatant ad hominem attacks."

Transparent attempts to derail any meaningful discussion, and when meaningful discussion gets derailed, they win.

8 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yeah, they attack the messengers in the most demeaning ways, and then when those attacked get upset, they're called snowflakes or when they strike back, they're blamed for being so angry and hate-filled.

3 Likes Save    
lily316

The Wingnuts are emboldened by their fake president and the nasty way he treats everyone.

6 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

The Wingnuts are emboldened by their fake president and the nasty way he treats everyone.

I disagree Lily. The LEFT Wingnuts have always been nasty to those who even mildly disagree with you even before President Trump was elected. Are you admitting you are even more annoyingly strident now?

2 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

Projection. It ain't pretty.

7 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

6 Likes Save    
lily316

When we had kind, calm, smooth, no drama Obama for president for eight years, we didn't wake up in the morning in fear looking at our phones or computers to see what catastrophes happened overnight, what nasty venomous dribble was tweeted by his fat little thumbs, so yes we are angry, we outnumber you, and we're fired and ready to VOTE!!!!!!!!!.

10 Likes Save    
azmom

It is tiring and sickening watching the mental patient displaying his symptoms daily. When will it stop?

3 Likes Save    
mtnrdredux_gw

AzMom,

It will stop when everybody gets out there and demands it stops! Vote out his supporters and vote out him. There is no question we have numbers on our side, we just need to get every voter fired up!

6 Likes Save    
Pidge

Disingenuous much, elvis?

ETA that elvis's post has apparently gone missing.

5 Likes Save    
arthurpym

Are these the Republicans who call people snowflakes?

Well, we certainty see this here all the time. Republicans are the most entitled people in this country. They want everything.

2 Likes Save    
Pidge

Oh for Pete's sake, elvis, get over yourself.

2 Likes Save    
azmom

mtnrdredux,

Well said. It has already shown the results from the special elections.

1 Like Save    
elvis

You're right, Pidge, but next time chastise the behavior of both sides, and you might garner some admiration for doing so!

1 Like Save    
heri_cles

Like Trump blamed BOTH sides at the riot in Charlotte?

4 Likes Save    
2 Likes Save    
ann_t

"You're right, Pidge, but next time chastise the behavior of both sides, and you might garner some admiration for doing so!"

Elvis made a joke. LOL!!!

1 Like Save    
3 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

So, it turns out that after complaining about not getting into college, despite decent grades and SAT score, Hogg really doesn't want to go to college after all. At least, not for a year, so he can further capitalize on his newfound fame and power.

All of that pearl clutching over Ingraham's trolling him about complaining publicly on Twitter was just a ruse to attempt to take her down and hurt FOX.

Colore me SHOCKED!!

His mother seems proud to announce that David is taking a "gap year", so he can...get people to vote.

Hey, maybe he'll wind up like Hannity without a college degree! Hopefully without one, he can be as successful.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/09/us/david-hogg-parkland-year-off-trnd/index.html?sr=twCNN040918david-hogg-parkland-year-off-trnd0129PMStory

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

And he's taking a gap year --- to work on mid-terms. (Doesn't mean he's not interested in college.)

3 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

One can participate in politics and help drive voting initiatives and still go to school. What better venue than a liberal college in CA?

I think Hogg's got a taste for the good life which 17 people dying has offered him. I'm not surprised in the least that he's not going to shrink from the spotlight without a fight.

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

5 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Twenty seven sponsors washed their hands of Ingraham's show.

So far.

2 Likes Save    
azmom

I bet the experience he gains from working on mid-term during the gap year would give him great edge in his college study. Good boy!

The Hoggs have done a fine job raising him.

2 Likes Save    
SandyC.

" My right to bully people, without being bullied in return"

5 Likes Save    
purrmich _6

one of the far right wings mantras

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

Certainly Mr. Trump's attitude

1 Like Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

Teaching them how freedom of speech works. Everybody gets to talk. It seems Faux News did not like it when that free speech thing went both ways.

2 Likes Save    
Scott

"My right to discriminate without being discriminated against in return."

Save    
lilacinjust

This whole kerfuffle wasn't about freedom of speech. It's about David Hogg trying his best to PUNISH Ingraham for exercising HER right to free speech, by attempting to get Fox to fire her, vis a vis, leaning on companies to pull their adverts.

Please. Anyone with a drop of intellectual honesty sees this.

Hogg is a first-class bully, and his ilk are part and parcel of the problem we have with kids getting bullied by other school kids and killing.

Save    
jillinnj

Poor mimi. You missed most of this thread during your extended timeout. It was the perfect thread for you to show how much hate you harbor. Thanks for chiming in late and reminding us of all that hate.

You act like Hogg is the first kid ever to take a gap year. Try to calm down.

I get it, though. Must be difficult to watch the future of this country grow up and fight back against everything you stand for. Ah, well, so sad for you.

5 Likes Save    
ann_t

Imagine that, whatever her name is, gives a free pass to Ingraham to exercise her free speech and bully David Hogg, but heaven forbid if the table is turned and David Hogg exercises his free speech.

Ingraham was bested by a kid.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

jillinnj

Poor mimi. You missed most of this thread during your extended timeout. It was the perfect thread for you to show how much hate you harbor. Thanks for chiming in late and reminding us of all that hate.

You act like Hogg is the first kid ever to take a gap year. Try to calm down.

I get it, though. Must be difficult to watch the future of this country grow up and fight back against everything you stand for. Ah, well, so sad for you.

jillinnj- a post like this from you shows how much hate you harbor. You post these baiting comments all the time. Mimi- don't take the bait!!!!!!

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Apparently the sponsors didn't need much prodding. There statements redirect there reasons.

Ingrahm's comments were unacceptable and unprofessional. Hogg had every right to push back

.........and to suggest those who disagree with your opinion are intellectually dishonest is at best rude.

Save    
lilacinjust

jillinnj- a post like this from you shows how much hate you harbor. You post these baiting comments all the time. Mimi- don't take the bait!!!!!!

^^^^^^^

Thanks, margievank ;-) I'm not taking the bait. I'm being far more constructive.

2 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Ingraham never impeded Hogg's free speech. She's NOT THE GOVERNMENT. She never once tried to hurt him monetarily, or hurt his chances for getting accepted into college, which was the whole thrust of his whining to begin with.

And isn't it telling that once Hogg got accepted, he declined?

Look, his priorities are to be an agitator and professional leftist propaganda pusher. I'll be surprised if he decided to go back to school in a year.

If Hogg falls to pieces over being trolled and called a whiner, y'all aren't helping him to be successful in the real world.

But, that's not what leftists want to Hogg. They want him to be their proxy and will use him until he's not long useful for their cause.

One day, Hogg will figure this out. Until then, he's a useful pawn and all too willing to please and get accolades heaped upon him.

2 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

Ingraham was bested by a kid.

Yep. He, too, is good at besting pseudo intellectuals.

4 Likes Save    
ann_t

"And isn't it telling that once Hogg got accepted, he declined?"

Telling? In what way.

1 Like Save    
blfenton

After what these kids went through it wouldn't surprise me if many of those graduating take a year or a term out or wind up coming home part way through the year. This is a horrific experience that they went through and unless you have been through it, to sit in judgement of their current choices is out of line.

7 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Hogg did not fall to pieces. At all. He made a public suggestion for anyone disgusted by Ingraham's comments. America took it from there.

Of course Team Trump sees Hogg as a pawn. Fox evening and AM folks are spokespeople for Team Trump.

PS: the number of lost sponsors is up to 27? True? What new ones has she gained?

3 Likes Save    
Scott

Free speech comes with consequences, whatever side you take. I think we are also more aware of the power of language and its multiple nuances than before. Is that restricting, or does it make us more thoughtful?

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

BTW: Anyone with a drop of intellectual honesty sees this.

How about follow the suggestion from many TL here to not say bad things about fellow posters here.

Save    
lilacinjust

Scott, free speech does come with consequences and Hogg found that out when he willingly and happily became a public figure.

I hope what he found out, or finds out, is that exercising one's 1st amendment right, even though we are hurt or insulted, shouldn't be met with such fascist responses which aim to destroy the other person.

Save    
lilacinjust

Hogg did fall apart and his very fragile ego was hurt, hence the bllz to the wall attack on Igraham and outright attempt to take her down.

For what? Calling him a whiner?

Geez Louise, dude. Grow a set!

I think his overreaction with anger and a strong desire to destroy her is covering a weak sense of self and lack of confidence.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Hogg did fall apart

Opinion --- unsupported by fact.

3 Likes Save    
Scott

Ingraham found that out too, and one could use a label for her like you did for those who supported Hogg. The issue you have raised is labeling, and how much of the stereotypes of labeling are indeed true, or distortions that usually occur when the scapegoat mechanism occurs. Who was scapegoating whom? I would argue Ingraham is the persector, as her claims about him were distorted. And the responses show that some are aware of the mechanism and fight against it. Also, Ingraham is not a naive persecutor like say, someone who persecuted the Jews in the Middle Ages and accused them poisoning wells; she very much knows what she is doing. If who I refuse to name were more intellectually advanced, I would say he is not a naive persecutor. He very much knows how to inflame the mob by making irrational accusations.

Save    
lilacinjust

Ingraham trolled Hogg. She didn't try to destroy him.

That's called a distinction with a difference, and best not to invoke religion. You know how leftists feel about Ingraham's flagrant show of her Christianity! What, with wearing that...gasp...CROSS!!!

A GOLD cross, no less!

2 Likes Save    
Scott

False narrative of persecution. Ingraham destroyed herself. Thank goodness some are aware of the mindset of the persecutor and try and stop that person. And in a nonviolent way.

6 Likes Save    
Maddie AtHome

Is Ingraham still endorsing Paul Nehlen?

1 Like Save    
SandyC.

Fox and their talk show hosts thrive on white grievances and persecution .

O'Reilly said, right after the election it was all about reverse racism.

Laura Ingraham, wears her big gold cross like Putin.

They are two heritics who use religion to persecute their enemies.

3 Likes Save    
SandyC.

Paul Nehlan

Save    

Willingly? Is that another way of saying he and his fellow students would've been more correct to deal w/ their loss, grief and trauma by staying out of the public arena, IOW, retreating and shutting up?

I am certain they did not willingly choose to become survivors of a horrendous attack, nor do I believe they willingly chose to put targets on their backs. Those targets have been put there by the people that chose to launch ad hominem propaganda in a failed attempt to silence and marginalize them.

These valiant kids have shown so much courage in the face of withering criticism and I am glad, in way, that there is such a backlash from the right, since it has exposed the weakness and absurdity of what has now become routine rhetoric.

4 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

ingraham Certainly did not destroy herself, in fact, she is still standing strong as ever. Further, her employer stood behind her and stands by her side now. They have made that abundantly clear. In fact, I see no ill affects from this incident.

Being “non-violent” can also be deleterious to another human being and in fact harm them greatly. So, spare me the “I’m just a lamb”, I wouldn’t hurt a fly. Much pain, suffering and damage can be inflicted With the keyboard

1 Like Save    

And whoa, Sandy! That's friggin' creepy...

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

carolb_w_fl(zone 9/10)

Willingly? Is that another way of saying he and his fellow students would've been more correct to deal w/ their loss, grief and trauma by staying out of the public arena, IOW, retreating and shutting up?

^^^^^^^^^

Ah, the fallacy again.

Hogg willingly entered the spotlight. Seems to thrive in it, in fact.

No, it's not another way of....straw man straw man straw man.

Hogg found out that being in the spotlight has it's downside and he took it like a mean little boy.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Mimi, if it makes you feel better, Bill Maher agrees with you. Not about Hogg, just about not going after sponsors. I disagree with you and Maher. But I thought I’d put it out there.

I also agree with d_gw. And it’s very selfish when one poster takes over and monopolizes a thread and tries to browbeat everyone into submission. That’s not a discussion. I wish the Houzz moderators would frequent the forum enough to know that this happens. Adults should be able to self-moderate this. But when they can’t/don’t it is detrimental to a forum.

Everyone feels passionately about a subject sometimes. That’s not the same as many threads being taken over by one person.

2 Likes Save