SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rudgekatherine

Dealing with baseboard heaters

rudgekatherine
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My house is heated with baseboard heaters and I'm having some difficulty furnishing our entryway because of it. We have the perfect wall immediately when you walk in to have a console table for guest to leave their purses/hats/keys on, and I'd like to put a framed picture or mirror on the wall above. The issue I'm having is that if I get a console table it won't be flush against the wall because of the placement of the heater, and I'm hesitant to trust floating shelves to hold purses and maybe a decorative vase or plant. I don't need a coat rack/hooks because there is a coat closet opposite that wall. My main priority is somewhere for purses/hats/etc because I have a coffee station next to the closet and people tend to drop their hats and keys on it to take their shoes off and then leave their stuff there the whole time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for working about the baseboard heater? I might be able to squeeze in a pedestal type table but I'm not sure how that would look. I always assumed whatever I do on that wall would be centered but if anyone has any suggestions on styling things to the left side to avoid the heater that could be interesting. A thought I had was to get a table and then shorten the back right leg so the table can be flush against the wall, but then I would need a way to hide the fact that one leg didnt touch the ground.

Thank you!

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz