SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sassicassi7

Should lighting fixtures match when in close proximity??

sassicassi7
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have two lighting fixtures I'd like to replace but they are very close to each other so I'm wondering if it's recommended that they match? Personally I would rather them not match and possibly even be completely different shapes but I'm wondering if they should match? One is right inside my entryway and the other is just a handful of feet to the left of the entryway in the dining room which we use as a playroom. Generally, I do not care about trends or decorating rules- I just like to pick what I like and I don't mind if my house doesn't look fancy or professional. I don't even know what my home would be considered , for example: traditional, Farmhouse, Etc I just want my house to be warm, welcoming and "lived in". These two lights are so close to each other that I definitely need some professional input. Lastly any suggestions on the shape of fixture I should put above my dining room table? It's a small little nook off a great room and kitchen area. Thanks so much in advance! Ceilings are 9 ft.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Comments (5)