SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_winkler7446

Help! Mixer lift doesn't work in cabinet!

Deborah Lee
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Well, one of the things I was really looking forward to was having a cabinet with a lift for my Kitchen Aid mixer. I might finally be able to use it again! I just got my long-awaited, much-planned cabinets installed. I ordered the soft-close Rev-a-Shelf mixer lift. Well, after it was installed yesterday, my installer had to inform me that the Kitchen Aid mixer WOULD NOT fit in the cabinet! I am just beside myself. I researched this for a long time and was sure I had it figured out.

The cabinet is a 15" cabinet "face-framed" cabinet. With all you have to do to install the lift it makes it too narrow for my mixer. Does anyone know of a different lift that doesn't require the "build-up" that the RAS lift requires. I've googled everything and it's impossible to get the details on the minimum width of the lift. We're trying to figure out a way to alter the cabinet or pull two NEW cabinets out and order different sizes (before countertops go in). I just need ONE more inch! Mixer is 10" wide so you would think a 15" cabinet would work! We just don't know what to do. I would love it if there was another lift out there that does not take up as much space.

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated!

Comments (27)