SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bealebo

Contractor may not have waterproofed shower curb properly

Elizabeth Beale
6 years ago
I was home while this was being worked on but was also refinishing an oak vanity at the time. I saw the rubber liner laid out on the floor (a 5x6 foot piece for a 40x40 shower). Before he cut it, it went up over the curb and down the other side, I have no idea why but he cut it off with only about an inch of rubber over the top of the curb on the shower side of the curb and do not extend it down the outside of the curb either. The outside of the curb doesn't concern me as much as the top not be wrapped with the rubber liner. There's no way the top of the curb that's inside the shower is covered and waterproofed enough. The curb and floor tile for the shower hasn't been laid yet, is there any way to lay down another piece of rubber to properly waterproof the top or some other product to waterproof the top of the curb? It looks like he put some hydrolic cement (its water proof or something?) on the top of the curb but it was very thin and ha flakes off exposing the liner which is how I can see that it's not covering the top of the curb. Please, any advice appreciated.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012