SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
butterflygirl958

Kitchen remodel-IS THIS THE BEST LAYOUT for our kitchen?

NuNu
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We have been planning this kitchen remodel for ages! Our old layout was pitifully non-functional, small and just not conducive to the amount of time I spend in the kitchen (LOVE to cook, large family) Well the demo is done, new floors, new paint, all done and ready for the new cabinets/counters/etc. We had a few estimates done, leaning toward the one in the pics. BUT my question is, IS THIS THE BEST LAYOUT for our new kitchen. Our kitchen is oddly shaped if you ask me, but nonetheless not impossible. We would like all the elements shown in the design pics, however if there is a better layout for appliances etc we are OPEN. Just some background info-the wall where the fridge/oven/pantry cabinets are supposed to go used to be a tiny pantry closet and laundry closet (laundry moved directly behind to garage, pantry closet will be gone). The construction for this wall to become a blank "wall" has yet to be done but planning for now (removing wall between pantry and laundry closets, removing trim for closets and drywall up to ceiling, etc)

The must haves are: White Shaker Cabinets, All drawers for base cabinets, built-in bench/banquette in breakfast nook which will open up/tie in our adjacent attached large family room, double ovens, a standard depth french door fridge but cabinets built around it so it's not sticking out, 36 in induction cooktop, trash either under sink or adjacent base cabinet, great lighting. My biggest needs are storage and functionality.

I'm not entirely sure if this is our forever house, so a timeless design would be best in case we sell in next few years I would love to hear your suggestions for a different layout if indicated. I can give you measurements if needed.
I'm also including pics of our old kitchen for reference

Thank you in advance for your time and any suggestions :)

Comments (4)